What's new

How the Hell do you deal with fireball run cancel pressure?????

This is not a Salt thread i just never had such an experience of beeing completely and utterly at sb.'s mercy in a FG.

I saw this dude with 57/9 w/l and was like "lets find out what makes him so good" so he picks Scorpion and it began: 214 Fireball run cancel, 214 fireball run cancel , 214 fireball run cancel , 214 MB fireball puting him at +8 and me taking 9.25% Chip damage from here I could only lose, he would either do a jump in, an empty jump in into throw, a low jab or mb teleport. From 2 of those if he catched me pressing buttons =35% combo into the same setup with flame aura for even more chip damage over and over and over to the point that I was just blocking hoping for him to not have any meter but Pfffff Dead Wrong during the process he built enough meter and I got chiped to death. I tried armoring through, tried a quick jab, tried to backdash nothing seemed worked. The Stamina bar would instantly be recovering after the did the mb fireball. Ive seen lui kang do this but not to such an extent of "WTF is going on what im I supposed to do".

i was actually gonna ask how to do the run cancel with jax rocket launcher but now i gotta ask how the hell you deal with it?

Edit: its 214 fbc, when i went to training mode to try it my self 214 had a huge pushback so i thaught it could't be 214, But i was playing jax and His 5 frame jab could't interrupt

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Try back dashing or jumping. These aren't complete frame traps to my knowledge. Some characters are plus though.

To test set the ai to backdash or something else and do the canceling thing yourself.

No matter what though you can always armor through though.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
This is not a Salt thread i just never had such an experience of beeing completely and utterly at sb.'s mercy in a FG.

I saw this dude with 57/9 w/l and was like "lets find out what makes him so good" so he picks Scorpion and it began: 21 Fireball run cancel, 21 fireball run cancel , 21 fireball run cancel , 21 MB fireball puting him at +8 and me taking 9.25% Chip damage from here I could only lose, he would either do a jump in, an empty jump in into throw, a low jab or mb teleport. From 2 of those if he catched me pressing buttons =35% combo into the same setup with flame aura for even more chip damage over and over and over to the point that I was just blocking hoping for him to not have any meter but Pfffff Dead Wrong during the process he built enough meter and I got chiped to death. I tried armoring through, tried a quick jab, tried to backdash nothing seemed worked. The Stamina bar would instantly be recovering after the did the mb fireball. Ive seen lui kang do this but not to such an extent of "WTF is going on what im I supposed to do".

i was actually gonna ask how to do the run cancel with jax rocket launcher but now i gotta ask how the hell you deal with it?
Also the first hit might be a high if you don't block and you d1 or d2, d3, d4 etc the first hit will wiff and you have a gap to interrupt the string

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
He can only do it like 3 times being on point because he loses stamina every time he cancels into the run, but you have to respect it. Just be patient. @Scoot Magee scorpion person extraordinaire and explain it better to you.

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
ill try that out cuz jumping doesnt work and some chars have inconsistent backdashes
Also on most people you can interrupt the cancel. Because doesn't a character like scorpion take a second to load the fireball before he can cancel it?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
  1. Go to training mode
  2. Play against Hellfire Scorpion
  3. Record Scorpion doing 21 fbc on block
  4. Figure out what to do against it
  5. Repeat this process every time you don't know what to do against a certain move/strategy
  6. Then when you've explored all options you can think of and still can't figure out what to do, that's when you ask for help

1. Go to training mode
2. Play against Hellfire Scorpion
3. Record Scorpion doing 21 fbc on block
4. Figure out what to do against it
5. Repeat this process every time you don't know what to do against a certain move/strategy
I know what the training room is Sir i just never was into learning how to do run cancels so i can't just record it for the AI
thats why im asking people who can do it, how to deal with it and from videos like
i know u can't jump it

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
21~Fbc ~2 is not a blockstring, you can armor out or interrupt the gap between Fbc and the next standing 2 if you're aware of where it is. You can also back dash it since 21 is not a good string to chase down backdashes.

214~Fbc~2 is a blockstring look at his stamina meter, he can only do 3 times in a row then he has to spend a meter to stay safe, however, this will only be a true blockstring if he is way too close, check both positions once he starts the blockstring, if standing 2 reaches at your block max ranged, then he will have to cover more ground running, its about +20 on block, run canceling spends 10 frames and standing 2 another 10 in short distances to be a blockstring.

If he covers more ground there will be a gap between run cancel and standing 2 this is where you armor out.

The best setup for scorpion to get you jailed in this blockstring is by hitting you with a regular teleport where he can either mix up with blockstrings, low or overhead, but no scorpion player is at this current level yet.

21~Fbc ~2 is not a blockstring, you can armor out or interrupt the gap between Fbc and the next standing 2 if you're aware of where it is. You can also back dash it since 21 is not a good string to chase down backdashes.

214~Fbc~2 is a blockstring look at his stamina meter, he can only do 3 times in a row then he has to spend a meter to stay safe, however, this will only be a true blockstring if he is way too close, check both positions once he starts the blockstring, if standing 2 reaches at your block max ranged, then he will have to cover more ground running, its about +20 on block, run canceling spends 10 frames and standing 2 another 10 in short distances to be a blockstring.

If he covers more ground there will be a gap between run cancel and standing 2 this is where you armor out.

The best setup for scorpion to get you jailed in this blockstring is by hitting you with a regular teleport where he can either mix up with blockstrings, low or overhead, but no scorpion player is at this current level yet.
Thank you man!!! very helpfull i was trying to armor through wayy too late. I think it was 214 but in training mode the pushback after a 214 looked bigger than i remembered.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also, if he starts the blockstring by running into you with standing 2, and he intends to do 3 times, by the time he cancels the second Fbc he won't have enough stamina for a run cancel, so he will end up dashing with no stamina, which in turns he gets him closer but he can't press buttons, if you reversal the gap you might catch him with a full combo punish, and he won't be able to break

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash

I saw this dude with 57/9 w/l and was like "lets find out what makes him so good" so he picks Scorpion and it began: 21 Fireball run cancel, 21 fireball run cancel , 21 fireball run cancel , 21 MB fireball puting him at +8 and me taking 9.25% Chip damage from here I could only lose, he would either do a jump in, an empty jump in into throw, a low jab or mb teleport. From 2 of those if he catched me pressing buttons =35% combo into the same setup with flame aura for even more chip damage over and over and over to the point that I was just blocking hoping for him to not have any meter but Pfffff Dead Wrong during the process he built enough meter and I got chiped to death. I tried armoring through, tried a quick jab, tried to backdash nothing seemed worked. The Stamina bar would instantly be recovering after the did the mb fireball. Ive seen lui kang do this but not to such an extent of "WTF is going on what im I supposed to do".

You have to deal with the pressure but you can armor or backdash for sure after the MB fireball. Also the 2 is a high so if you let go of block while crouching (not with all characters) the 2 will whiff and will allow you to punish. If you do that and they throw out a mid you'll be screwed but none of his mids lead to lockdown.

Also like eddy said 21 fbc is not a true block string. 214 fbc is though.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
All i do is d1 it at the right time , the thing im worried about is HOW THE FUCK YOU PUNISH HIS BICYCLE KICK :mad::mad::mad: , its a sometime move , cause sometimes you can punish it

All i do is d1 it at the right time , the thing im worried about is HOW THE FUCK YOU PUNISH HIS BICYCLE KICK :mad::mad::mad: , its a sometime move , cause sometimes you can punish it
If you d1 a true block string you will be blown up and i'd love to play you if your gonna be d1'ing mid blockstring lol. You just need to wait out that pressure.

Also, Bicycle Kick whiffs if you duck (I think) so really you have time to uppercut at least.

iMileena

If you d1 a true block string you will be blown up and i'd love to play you if your gonna be d1'ing mid blockstring lol. You just need to wait out that pressure.

Also, Bicycle Kick whiffs if you duck (I think) so really you have time to uppercut at least.
But d1 works :DOGE

& trust me i tried and tried and tried but it still wasn't worth me crying anymore

But d1 works :DOGE

& trust me i tried and tried and tried but it still wasn't worth me crying anymore
If I F213 FB RC into F44 the right way, the Gap is soooo tight and I am at a huge advantage. I cant speak for Scorpion, but this thread is confusing. I can't tell if people are referring to Liu or Scorpion. Does Scorpion have a Bicycle Kick XD I wouldn't be surprised! He has everything else.

iMileena

If I F213 FB RC into F44 the right way, the Gap is soooo tight and I am at a huge advantage. I cant speak for Scorpion, but this thread is confusing. I can't tell if people are referring to Liu or Scorpion. Does Scorpion have a Bicycle Kick XD I wouldn't be surprised! He has everything else.
>.> i think its for liu .. im noy even gonna start in scorpion his Jump kick is way to much for me

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
If it's Liu Kang's F213 FB RC then you just have to hold that until he's out of stamina, which is only 2 reps anyway.

Also that video is not guaranteed as the mb bicycle kick has a frame gap before the flip at the end, so it's punishable. Can just do another f213 dragon's roar though lol. Or mb flying kick to be +2 heh heh.

Yeah I was following until he posted the video of Liu kang lol
I posted the lui video just to show that u can't jump out of a Fbc

If it's Liu Kang's F213 FB RC then you just have to hold that until he's out of stamina, which is only 2 reps anyway.

Also that video is not guaranteed as the mb bicycle kick has a frame gap before the flip at the end, so it's punishable. Can just do another f213 dragon's roar though lol. Or mb flying kick to be +2 heh heh.
Yeah i know you can backdash the flip kick from the mb bycicle kick BUT lui can mb it at any fucking time so you have to predict when.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
214 FBC without a run is still plus, but not a blockstring. So Scorpion can do 3 214 FBCs but on the last one you'll be able to backdash, poke (unless he uses D1/D3/D4) or armour out. Scorpion has an answer for every option though, it's pretty godlike.