What's new

Question - Tanya How good is Tanya...really?

What is Tanya

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Some say she is OP while others say she is over rated. Some say she is like Skarlet from MK9 (probably why I like her).

She has flashy, seemingly overwhelming tools that give her great mobility, decent pressure options and don't zoning options.

Variations aside, where does she fit in with the overall meta? Over rated? Over powered?

It took @Pig Of The Hut 5 min to start njp my tele pressure. In my opinion she is high tier and in the top 10 discussion. Is she better than erron, or raiden, or Devorah? We still don't know what mu are tough or easy but what does Tym think?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
As of right now I see that she has alot of options on her plate, she can make anything safe with away teleport.

Very good character, nobody should argue that. Ever since I started playing our local Tanya I saw that character with good ranged NJPs will give her a problem or at least make her work more.

There a few things I think that needs changing, like the Naginata Cancels in combo should cost stamina, (enough to still allow her to do the combo).

But not going to get into all of that right now. As of right now I would say Top 10 for sure, maybe Top 5. It just seem like so many characters have no answer for her air mobility.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
advantage on block, armor, teleport, invincible frames, launcher, top 2 punisher in the game

This all describes one move. Adjust it and she's fine
Are you taking into account that she suffers from major stagger? The fact that any move that causes stagger pushes her like half screen. You nerf her teleport the wrong way and you end up ruining her pyro variation because you know NRS is not going to buff a characters zoning options that has a physical projectile (cough kenshi zoning is cool though cough)

Tread carefully Tom. Don't start a witch hunt. And if you do it's cause blatant racism against dark skinned Edieans. :DOGE

#BuffTanya

LEGEND

YES!
Like 99% sure I saw Paulo say somewhere that they are working on fixing her teleport.

Aside from that one tool being super brain dead she's fine, and we'll see what happens with that later

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It took @Pig Of The Hut 5 min to start njp my tele pressure.
Sounds like you were possibly being too predictable? It's actually not that easy to reliably AA a decent Tanya.

I don't disagree with your assessment of her placement, but I'd be curious to see footage of you being NJP'ed every time you tele in.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Shes been out for like 2 weeks lol. No way to tell this early.

Also as far as her EX tele goes it is pretty good but im not convinced its over powered. Its really good but thats pretty key to her playstyle IMO

@AK L0rdoftheFLY cant you just do the back tele port if you read they are going to NJP? Thats what I've been doing.

Sounds like you were possibly being too predictable? It's actually not that easy to reliably AA a decent Tanya.

I don't disagree with your assessment of her placement, but I'd be curious to see footage of you being NJP'ed every time you take to the air.
Hes referring to tele cancel pressure, as in doing a string into tele cancel. It is fairly easy to NJP if you cancel the tele every time, but you can actually do a backward tele to make it whiff. You can also do a forward tele to try and punish but that is hella risky.

Edit: After thinking about it EX tele isnt that key. Its good but I think she has some dirtier stuff.

Last edited:
I think its just to early to tell, her tools seem overwhelming at first but she has been out what...15 days? Give it time and people will figure out how to deal with her shenanigans and exploit holes in her offence.

Lol jk she will stay a salt producing machine and then get nerfed into an unplayable punching bag.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I don't disagree with your assessment of her placement, but I'd be curious to see footage of you being NJP'ed every time you tele in.
It was 4 days in and mind you I know how to better place teleports now. That said there is little risk in doing one when you see her jump forward or backward.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I hear people saying she's a dumb character it seems like all the characters ppl see as good are dumb instead of solid or just good.

Its starting to make me feel she'll be "normalized". :(