What's new

Question How do you deal with supernova spam?

Chengler

Milky Holmes
I've noticed a lot of doomsday online that do nothing but that. Sometimes meter burned, mostly not. Just spamm that. JUST THAT. Nothing else. Can't jump hit it...

prospic

Noob
Just stay away from them and whenever they teleport, dash the opposite direction. As soon they hit the ground you can punish them with a combo.

forward dash will always work. I was fighting a doomsday last night and it forced me to figure it out. you don't even have to time it that close, forward dash than punish, you usualy get a jump in.
back dash won't dodge the mb easily so make sure that whatever it is you decide to do, make it a forward dash. those are the dashes that go forward opposed to backwards
just tap Forward and than Forward again to dodge it with out harm. hhmmmhmmm them forward dashes. use em on doomsday I always say.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Dash forward, then punish.

Another thing is when you have meter, you can do a B3, then armor it up and it punishes.

zaf

professor
Punish regular one.

Watch his meter so that you know when he does the MB version. Dash out the way.
It takes practise, set the cpu to do this in the lab.

DO NOT use online as a test lab. You will fail. The timing online is slight different.

cyke_out

Noob
The normal supernova has a set distance it travels, if you are outside that distance, then you can assume he's using the MB version, they both have different falling speeds, so understand how fast you should be dashing based on how far away DD is.

3nany

Noob
i've seen a green arrow player hitting him with jumping 3 while he's crashing down. wouldn't recomend that though as it seemed slightly lucky. I usually meter burn B3. safest thing to do.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
From full-screen, you can always forward-dash and full-combo punish. If they're close enough for non-MB to hit, MB a b3. You'll eat the 9% damage, but you'll get whatever your max b3-launcher combo damage is.

Some characters can actually knock it out of the air. Aquamans d2 (or is it d3? The uppercut trident) slaps him down no problems.

3nany

Noob
From full-screen, you can always forward-dash and full-combo punish. If they're close enough for non-MB to hit, MB a b3. You'll eat the 9% damage, but you'll get whatever your max b3-launcher combo damage is.
you can still dash forward at close range. just a bit harder.