What's new

Question - Kung Lao How do I do the 11212 and 112124 strings?

Tend to just avoid it :s

Don't a fair few other characters have strings that do more hits then button presses? Would it be that bad to remove one? Say 1122?

Kinda get the impression that your at a bit of a disadvantage using a pad for that particular string.

coolwhip

Noob
I have to use two fingers for this string, as if I'm inputting the throw Brutality.
I wouldn't advise that. That's how I used to do the 2121 string in MK9 for the first couple of months then I just practiced sliding my thumb quickly between 1 and 2. Works the same way here. Though if the way you're doing it doesn't require any significant position shifting that would impair you from blocking, canceling, or jumping after then by all means.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I wouldn't advise that. That's how I used to do the 2121 string in MK9 for the first couple of months then I just practiced sliding my thumb quickly between 1 and 2. Works the same way here. Though if the way you're doing it doesn't require any significant position shifting that would impair you from blocking, canceling, or jumping after then by all means.
I can cancel into hat spin and block, but I still do not feel comfortable doing it 10/10 times, so I need more practice.

This one is a weird one..... You gotta do it faster than all the other command combos. I use an arcade stick and I can't even begin to imagine how I would do it if I were using a pad.

Capitalc

Noob
Wish NRS made lao's 112124 string a little bit easier for everyone but back in the lab i go. Note to self 11, 2+1, 4..RIP to thumbs :eek: lol

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Here is what I do no lie. Before I begin to play i rub my nose to get that natural oil on my thumb. This makes it more consistent trust me. The method as follows... 11~ then I slide my thumb in a circular like motion between 1 and 2 then slide to 4.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I press 1 then I press 1 again and slide my finger from 2 to 1 to 2 again and decide what to add to finish the string: the 4, a special, and so on...
It takes some time and I still can't do it consistently but It works good.

Capitalc

Noob
I press 1 then I press 1 again and slide my finger from 2 to 1 to 2 again and decide what to add to finish the string: the 4, a special, and so on...
It takes some time and I still can't do it consistently but It works good.
Thanks. I'll try that technique. I can land the string but its just inconsistent for me but i'll try this. Thanks again

I play on both and had the longest trouble with it until recently. For pad I just do the slide technique which is super easy and consistent. On stick I do 1, 1, 1+2, 2, 4 since I play on the default settings.

Bashy

Noob
How do we pad players do the 11212 by sliding the dumb but WITHOUT using interactibles randomly? I fucking hate when I just randomly throw something and get full combo punished.

I just tested it (on PC and PS4) and when I press 1+2 I do use interactibles. Is there any way to turn this off?
I don't think you can turn it off unfortunately. When inputing 112124, press 11 as you would any other string, quickly lift your thumb then input the 212 part with sliding technique. I'm assuming you're accidentally pressing 1+2 in this part, 1[1+2]124.

Bashy

Noob
I don't think you can turn it off unfortunately. When inputing 112124, press 11 as you would any other string, quickly lift your thumb then input the 212 part with sliding technique. I'm assuming you're accidentally pressing 1+2 in this part, 1[1+2]124.
Damn this sucks, guess it will still happen every now and then, gonna be hard to never press 1+2 accidentally.