What's new

Horrible netcode is horrible.

Seriously, I can't even believe it. I just got done playing online with some random jerkass named "RocketGamer44" and he won by spamming Superman's heat vision because the game wouldn't read my inputs for BASIC things like jump, bf1, etc. Is it like this for everyone?

this games okay, I guess I had higher expectations for it after I saw everyone get excited and pracitcing

but ehhhh it's iffy

the netcode fuckin sucks.

Against certain people I try a Jump, 2, and try to juggle and fuck it's hard to get the timing, I throw a few punches and they all miss even tho I atacked at the right time..

fuckin lammmmme

certain chars moves are just blockable when they shouldn't be, really blows.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Seriously, I can't even believe it. I just got done playing online with some random jerkass named "RocketGamer44" and he won by spamming Superman's heat vision because the game wouldn't read my inputs for BASIC things like jump, bf1, etc. Is it like this for everyone?
Superman's heat vision, if it hits, gives him a pretty big frame advantage. So if you get hit by it, you cannot jump or sidestep or do any move. You have to duck or block it, then you can sidestep it and avoid it.

Doesn't sound like "bad netcode" to me...

HAYRON

Noob
I've had some serious issues w/ the online play.

I've had matches where the opponent walks through moves of mine (not in rage mode, but just like that). Where moves don't have the effect they're supposed to (i.e. not popping up/knockdown). Where teleports have happened w/ zero animation.

I don't have the best connection in the world, but I've never, ever had this much trouble w/ online play w/ any game.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
That's why I always say...only play 3-4 bar connections, and if you still have troubles, check your connection.

Konqrr, what about subs launcher being blockable or just missing?

What about scorpians 4, 3, spear combo being blockable?

I just don't completely understand the game. I'm not a 3d fighter fan, but I really wish they stepped it up a little. I don't know what to do when I put in my disc anymore...

Combo challenges...maybe arcade...idk!

Superman's heat vision, if it hits, gives him a pretty big frame advantage. So if you get hit by it, you cannot jump or sidestep or do any move. You have to duck or block it, then you can sidestep it and avoid it.

Doesn't sound like "bad netcode" to me...
Normally, I can block it on demand because of that second or so he spends rearing his head back with righteous fury. With the netcode being as atrocious as it is, I can't do that because the game apparently is rather finicky when it comes to input detection and it has to spend a few seconds deciding whether or not it wants to acknowledge the buttons I press. It typically doesn't.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Konqrr, what about subs launcher being blockable or just missing?

What about scorpians 4, 3, spear combo being blockable?

I just don't completely understand the game. I'm not a 3d fighter fan, but I really wish they stepped it up a little. I don't know what to do when I put in my disc anymore...

Combo challenges...maybe arcade...idk!
Sub Zero's b+4 misses off-line as well. Check once told me that is due to a character's body position (i.e., it changes when you backdash with 1+2) and the distance between Sub Zero and his opponent. It has nothing to do with lag.

That Scorpion combo does not work either because you are not linking the spear correctly or the lag really is atrocious. As Konqrr said, avoid playing games on two or less bars. It really changes the atmosphere completely and makes the game not fun at all to play.

Lobelia Prime, I am not sure what your problem is but avoid using the analog stick if you are playing the game on the PS3. It is just terrible and it does not register your movements correctly. Instead, use the D-Pad and hold L2 when you have to side step. Also, I do not believe that your problems are related to lag. Lag usually affects move safety and timing, not movement so much unless the lag is really terrible.

Sub Zero's b+4 misses off-line as well. Check once told me that is due to a character's body position (i.e., it changes when you backdash with 1+2) and the distance between Sub Zero and his opponent. It has nothing to do with lag.
It hardly if ever misses offline. Online play just makes it that more likely to happen. Actually, online, Sub-Zero's b4 rarely ever hits. I'd say 5% chance online, 95% offline. I've played enough off and online to make these percentages.

b2, 4 , freeze, b4... If what you're saying is correct, wouldn't that combo work everytime online? Not only the b4 part, but the b2 part sometimes goes through your opponent in bad lag. Anyway, after you freeze than do the b4, your opponent is always the same distance from you offline or online.

I think lag just enhances the problem with his b4, and his b2. That or I'm missing something.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You are correct. It does enhance the problem, but it occurs off-line as well at certain distances. In fact, I was testing it earlier before my post above just to see whether it happens off-line, too.

HAYRON

Noob
Only had 1 match w/ very minor lag last night. It must have just been the people I was connecting to before that was causing the issues. Hopefully as more people buy the game, there'll be a better selection of opponents and I can avoid bad connections altogether.

It'd be really nice if there was an option to see the opponents ping, and back out before the match starts.
I know they don't want you backing out when you see the opponents name, but they can just quit showing you that and replace it with the other stuff.