What's new

Hori Fightpad for MK9

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Commander-3-Pro-Playstation/dp/B0057WDD6O/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1337180212&sr=1-3

I believe the item itself has already been posted in the forums, but I ask a specific question:
Is this pad any good for Mortal Kombat? The reviews seem pretty positive, and I would like not have to deal with a converter and just having the fightpad. I also like Hori products and trust them since my stick I bought some time ago is also Hori. Has anyone played with this thing?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I know that Teainabag (top 16 NW at EVO) used that before he shipped out to the army.

I think my friend REL used it too. Seemed really legit to me.

I know that Teainabag (top 16 NW at EVO) used that before he shipped out to the army.

I think my friend REL used it too. Seemed really legit to me.
Yeah, it seems really nice and seems like something I'd get use out of. Also, I just think I'd prefer it to a PS2 pad, and since a really good converter lands about 20$ anyway, this seems more consistent with what I want out of a pad. I have really big hands, though, so I wonder if it will be comfortable enough. I wonder if they make XL sizes? Lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Pads/sticks/hitboxes are really something you have to try to see if its good FOR YOU. What might be awesome for someone might be awful for you, etc etc. Only thing i can say is the dpad is solid, and its a good pad, but you gotta try it for yourself.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I bought this about a month ago, specifically for MK. It's great. You've gotta somewhat break it in and get used to it. Once you do, it's golden. I really like the adjustable D-Pad (and the D-pad style in general opposed to the DS3's disjointed directionals). Lastly, the trigger is OK. It's a huge improvement over the DS3's triggers, which are unreliable when going for an Enchanced move (for me anyway).

Matix218

Get over here!
Would this be a pad that a stick warrior would love to use? I'm trying to switch to pad for this game, and I'm not too comfortable using the PS3 pad.
I have never played stick so I honestly don't know. All I can say is that it has a really nice d pad and face / shoulder buttons and it is very comfortable

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Pad's good. The conventional shoulder buttons to block suck though, I don't dig those shoulder buttons at all. I'll occasionally miss my blocking with it. Had it stick a few times too. The rest of the pad is legit as hell, the face is awesome for every other game, I use it for SCV and SF but I'm not a huge fan of it for MK due to the fact that I like to block/perform EXs with R2 and the shoulder buttons are just nowhere near the caliber of the rest of the pad.

I don't recommend it, the directional is really tight and hard. I don't know about MK, but for games like street fighter and Marvel it just make everything harder. Get the SFxTK pad, it isn't wireless anymore, so it's godlike.

GNG Iniquity

I don't recommend it, the directional is really tight and hard. I don't know about MK, but for games like street fighter and Marvel it just make everything harder. Get the SFxTK pad, it isn't wireless anymore, so it's godlike.
You know you can adjust the dpad, right? It's on the back of the pad. I use wide for MK, SCV and SF. I don't drop anything. It's a great pad, minus the shoulder buttons.

S tier pad, low tier shoulder buttons.

You know you can adjust the dpad, right? It's on the back of the pad. I use wide for MK, SCV and SF. I don't drop anything. It's a great pad, minus the shoulder buttons.

S tier pad, low tier shoulder buttons.
The adjustment don't change shit for me, but if it's good for someone maybe it's good for him.

GNG Iniquity

Hmm I'll check out the SFxT pad, the dpad on the Hori has never let me down, but ugh...those shoulder buttons. And yeah, that feature to swap everything to the right is purely godlike. I wish every pad known to man had that, it really should be the standard. I'll still use my Hori for SCV since it really rocks for that. I need to buy a stick realistically anyways, been adjusting to my buddy's more frequently, but I need to grab my own.

I dunno, ultimately all the pros use the PS2 pad with the good converter (not the cheap ass ones; look through the threads it's in there) so that's probably the best for MK.

twolyonz

Noob
I just bought that Hori pad and sent it back. It felt good and but my problem was the R1 and R2 button that was on the front gave me issues. I woould always hit the R1 when tryn for the triangle, and would try to do a throw when I didnt mean to or want to, and screw up combo or get blown up after. I guess if I really stuck with it and trained with it I would have gotten used to it. But I sent it back to Amazon and got the MLG controller, so we will see how that one is.

Well, the fact is that I really wouldn't want artwork on it that I didn't like, and I hate SF x Tekken and SF4 artwork with a passion (it's one reason why I don't enjoy the games. I think they just look like shit). A converter and a PS2 pad would be more expensive than this because I'd probably want a new one to make sure it was in good condition for competing. This seems like my best bet, but I'll think about this some more before I decide. Thanks again for all your guys' help.