What's new

HMK Episode 17 W/ Falkunn and Strykie

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
NOTE: THIS EPISODE WAS RECORDED BEFORE THE 21/9 PATCH WENT LIVE. ALSO CAPITAL LETTERS :)

Falkuun makes his first appearence on HMK who can be considered the Kenshi of the UK despite being American... Does that make him the Kenshi of the world? :eek: In any event, we get into that and more on the episode and why he's ultimately moved away to Tanya and what his current thoughts are for the blind swordsman.

MP3 Version

Start - Out For Blood 3 review.
21:00 - TFC Discussion
36:00 - Venomous D'Vorah, is she "broken" and does she need hitting with the brick of normalisation?
50:00 - Takeda can block infinite certain members of the cast, but it's OK because you managed your meter poorly. #justtakethehitbrah
1:03:00 - Players who have failed to deliver in MKX so far and will they in the future?
1:14:00 - What WWE entrance would best fit the players of the UK and US scene?
1:22:00 - Kenshi: is he now the worst character in the game? is he "unviable?"
1:38:00 - Giving how the game works is it fair for people to ask for unfair buffs for their character to compete with the top tiers?

@theGabStandard @PND i2 Gaug3 @PND OmegaK @PND_Ketchup @PND_Mustard @A F0xy Grampa @Youphemism @ENDeverMORE @Undeadjim @SneakyTortoise @JustinXavier21 @GiM | ZigZag @Scott The Scot @C88 Zombieekiler @Falkunn @Temjiin @STRYKIE @Saltywu @Shufflez @The Bearded Dan @Enexemander @PunkMafia83 @Rearawt @ChatterBox

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Thanks for the tag! I'll happily be listening tonight.

The last episode finally felt like the audio levels were normalised (in a good way) and I hope the trend continues.

JTB123

Thanks for the tag! I'll happily be listening tonight.

The last episode finally felt like the audio levels were normalised (in a good way) and I hope the trend continues.
Could you elaborate on that regarding the audio levels? Do you mean volume or just balance? I'm always open on ways to improve audio quality.

I always try to edit out "noise" as best as I can but I don't usually listen to the show as I don't like hearing myself talk lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Well unless he is just putting on the accent for the sake of it, which would be kind of awesome actually. I remember someone telling me where he was from but can't remember, maybe it was @STRYKIE ?
Yeah he's from the New Jersey area. But I think his time here has taken a toll on his accent lmao.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Good stuff so far, still listening thou.

Played Falkunn in Kenshi mirrors sometime ago. Too bad im not UK, then i would be Kenshi of UK but of well Kenshi of EU will do for now. :>

Edit: Kenshi segment was pretty weak thou, imo.

Last edited:

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Could you elaborate on that regarding the audio levels? Do you mean volume or just balance? I'm always open on ways to improve audio quality.

I always try to edit out "noise" as best as I can but I don't usually listen to the show as I don't like hearing myself talk lol
Sorry for not being clear, I meant the audio balance person to person. In most of the episodes Gabe would be super quiet and you would be significantly louder. It made getting to the spot where I could hear everyone and not hurt my ears difficult. Last episode, and this one since I'm twenty minutes in, is way better. I don't know if it's just everyone doing their best or a specific change made but it's way better.

Also I agree that Falkunns accent is all mixed up, it was a fun puzzle to figure out.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I wouldn't have an entrance theme, you'd just hear a loud crashing noise followed by me shouting fuck at the top of my lungs

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yeah he's from the New Jersey area. But I think his time here has taken a toll on his accent lmao.
When you were talking about the cancels, I'm sure they made it so you have to wait longer to buffer the run cancels with everyone. For example, with A-List I have to wait until I see the 3 in 113 actually hits then REALLY quickly input the SKRC. Whereas before I used to start to buffer the SKRC just after the 11 hit.

JTB123

Sorry for not being clear, I meant the audio balance person to person. In most of the episodes Gabe would be super quiet and you would be significantly louder. It made getting to the spot where I could hear everyone and not hurt my ears difficult. Last episode, and this one since I'm twenty minutes in, is way better. I don't know if it's just everyone doing their best or a specific change made but it's way better.

Also I agree that Falkunns accent is all mixed up, it was a fun puzzle to figure out.
Thanks, I'll make sure to double check this in the future before exporting the file.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
When you were talking about the cancels, I'm sure they made it so you have to wait longer to buffer the run cancels with everyone. For example, with A-List I have to wait until I see the 3 in 113 actually hits then REALLY quickly input the SKRC. Whereas before I used to start to buffer the SKRC just after the 11 hit.
I know it affects everyone's run cancels, but there's still gonna be a lot of gray areas adjusting to different windows on the fly when you're working with the same system for over 3 months.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I know it affects everyone's run cancels, but there's still gonna be a lot of gray areas adjusting to different windows on the fly when you're working with the same system for over 3 months.
I rage quit A-list after the run cancels got "fixed" to be different timings, just dont have the patience for it. I feel sorry for Liu and Scorp players more though, their whole game plan changes over night based on something "broken" that cage has been doing since day 1 (jailing you after a run cancel)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I know it sucks, but the point was that the buffer window seems to have been shortened on the front end. Like the lower parameter of the buffer window has been moved closer to the higher one, but the higher one is still the same. If you know what I mean.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I rage quit A-list after the run cancels got "fixed" to be different timings, just dont have the patience for it. I feel sorry for Liu and Scorp players more though, their whole game plan changes over night based on something "broken" that cage has been doing since day 1 (jailing you after a run cancel)
I dunno much about Scorp, but DF Liu's gameplan really hasn't changed. His F213 still jails into F213, though it is a lot harder, and he just has to show a little more respect during certain parts of his pressure. His pressure is now more of a mindgame instead of just mindless blockstrings.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I dunno much about Scorp, but DF Liu's gameplan really hasn't changed. His F213 still jails into F213, though it is a lot harder, and he just has to show a little more respect during certain parts of his pressure. His pressure is now more of a mindgame instead of just mindless blockstrings.
It wasnt mindless he just had a few options which just arent worth it any more. F44 and b12 lost a bit of advantage due to the buffering stuff, and also f213 dash cancel was huge. The reason i stopped playing A list cage is because pre patch i could get 2 run cancels on block before running out of stamina and now Its basically impossible, so a huge chunk of pressure has been lost and fuck learning the timing again.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
It wasnt mindless he just had a few options which just arent worth it any more. F44 and b12 lost a bit of advantage due to the buffering stuff, and also f213 dash cancel was huge. The reason i stopped playing A list cage is because pre patch i could get 2 run cancels on block before running out of stamina and now Its basically impossible, so a huge chunk of pressure has been lost and fuck learning the timing again.
I've been pretty much maining A-List Cage since the patch and now I've started to get them down close to perfect. Just wait a little longer than you usually would to start to input the SKRC but still input it really fast. That's how I started getting used to the new timing anyway.

I agree that the dash cancel nerf was pretty big, but necessary. And I genuinely still think he's a really good character without it, his execution is just insane though. It'll take one hell of a player to consistently get his IAFB combos and run cancels in high level play.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I've been pretty much maining A-List Cage since the patch and now I've started to get them down close to perfect. Just wait a little longer than you usually would to start to input the SKRC but still input it really fast. That's how I started getting used to the new timing anyway.

I agree that the dash cancel nerf was pretty big, but necessary. And I genuinely still think he's a really good character without it, his execution is just insane though. It'll take one hell of a player to consistently get his IAFB combos and run cancels in high level play.
Putting all my time into cage to get back to where i was just is not worth the effort for me, Stunt double got really solid buffs and so did my secondary/third characters, so dropping A-list doesnt hurt that much although he was easily my strongest character/variation by a landslide offline...
All the work I put in just got thrown out the window when NRS changed things, even if it was by just a few frames or tinkering with a buffer window. Being able to do 2 run cancel strings was something I did every single time I landed a normal on block or hit while playing cage for like 2 months and since the change I havent been able to do it a single time. Losing out on that pressure is hard work, but for the most part i resent having to change my game plan to play worse than before because something i could do 99% before gets me punished every time if i try it because im just dashing in your face with no stamina.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
We have a Venomous D'Vorah at our scene actually, when I first played him I lost a few matches not being ready for the offence lol. I find it really stupid her pokes have that kind of range AND are safe.