What's new

Hinting at other characters in MKX?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Well, this trailer was released not too long ago and apparently online play has factions one can choose from. Someone on TYM pointed out at the 2 minute mark that Sonya's Profile picture appears for the Special Forces faction, however, watching the trailer from their official page shows that Cassie is represented for the Special Forces clan, which means it's an alternate costume. But the reason I'm making this thread is because I have a theory on another character that may be returning to the game, but it's a long shot.

We are shown 5 faction, which are: Lin Kuei, Black Dragon, White Lotus, Special Forces, and The Brotherhood of Shadow. The Brotherhood of Shadow's consist of a number of members. Here is a wiki link to the clan itself.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/The_Brotherhood_of_the_Shadow

Now, one thing that needs to be kept in mind is that the time line was rest due to Raiden going back in time attempting to prevent Armageddon from happening. Which means Scorpian and Noob Saibot are current members of the clan. Scorpian is obviously in this game. But, why have these factions when there is only 2 or 3 members in them? My theory is that we will be seeing a lot more characters in these factions, whether they're new or not, but that means there is a possibility the Jax return. We may see Jataaka and Kia in the game possibly, or the return of Noob Saibot? It also means we may see Sektor, Smoke, or Frost for the Lin Kuei. We may see Kabal, Jarek, or even Tremor for the Black Dragon clan. And as for the White Lotus we will most likely see Lui Kang, but what is Shujinko makes an appearance?

This is all speculation of course, but what do you guys think?

Keep in min that they can just create a number of new characters to fill in these clans as well.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Scorpion's not a member of the BoS anymore, and I don't think you should use the faction system to make any sort of judgment on whose in the cast. We already know there isn't a (playable) Outworld faction, and yet there are at least 3 (Kotal, D'Vorah, F/T) characters who would be represented by it.

I'm sure Sonya is the character who represents SF in the final game, they just put Cassie in there in the Next trailer to keep from leaking her.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Scorpion's not a member of the BoS anymore, and I don't think you should use the faction system to make any sort of judgment on whose in the cast. We already know there isn't a (playable) Outworld faction, and yet there are at least 3 (Kotal, D'Vorah, F/T) characters who would be represented by it.

I'm sure Sonya is the character who represents SF in the final game, they just put Cassie in there in the Next trailer to keep from leaking her.
It's just a theory.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think D'vorah will side with Quan Chi, so she would be part of the Brotherhood of Shadows. Ferra/Torr could make an alliance with the ... Black Dragons??? And Kotal, oh well, that's a tough one.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Not in the trailer they have on their official youtube page. It's Cassie. Something smells like fish her and it's not my private parts.
true but the other trailer is indeed Sonya. And now there is interview video that ed boon tweeted that has the sonya picture in it

Well, this trailer was released not too long ago and apparently online play has factions one can choose from. Someone on TYM pointed out at the 2 minute mark that Sonya's Profile picture appears for the Special Forces faction, however, watching the trailer from their official page shows that Cassie is represented for the Special Forces clan, which means it's an alternate costume. But the reason I'm making this thread is because I have a theory on another character that may be returning to the game, but it's a long shot.

We are shown 5 faction, which are: Lin Kuei, Black Dragon, White Lotus, Special Forces, and The Brotherhood of Shadow. The Brotherhood of Shadow's consist of a number of members. Here is a wiki link to the clan itself.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/The_Brotherhood_of_the_Shadow

Now, one thing that needs to be kept in mind is that the time line was rest due to Raiden going back in time attempting to prevent Armageddon from happening. Which means Scorpian and Noob Saibot are current members of the clan. Scorpian is obviously in this game. But, why have these factions when there is only 2 or 3 members in them? My theory is that we will be seeing a lot more characters in these factions, whether they're new or not, but that means there is a possibility the Jax return. We may see Jataaka and Kia in the game possibly, or the return of Noob Saibot? It also means we may see Sektor, Smoke, or Frost for the Lin Kuei. We may see Kabal, Jarek, or even Tremor for the Black Dragon clan. And as for the White Lotus we will most likely see Lui Kang, but what is Shujinko makes an appearance?

This is all speculation of course, but what do you guys think?

Keep in min that they can just create a number of new characters to fill in these clans as well.
on the one Hand, yes. on the other Hand, where would kotal, dvorah or Ferra torr fit in? theres not outworld faction.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
on the one Hand, yes. on the other Hand, where would kotal, dvorah or Ferra torr fit in? theres not outworld faction.
True, but what if they do now? I mean, Kitana and Kung Lao died in MK9 and they're both in the game again for some reason. Who knows with this game. XD