What's new

Her Majesty's Kouncil Episode 19 w/ Phosferrax

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
We're back for another show to discuss the recent tournaments from the NRS scene including Red Fight District, SCR and White Locus this past weekend in the UK. Unfortunately Gabe had to leave through the prequel discussion but wanted to recommend @JustinXavier21 to work on his anti airs :DOGE

We'll get the King of the Hill sorted soon, hopefully :D

MP3 Version

Start - RFD and SCR discussion. white lotus
34:00 - Aspects of the game people refuse to learn or adapt to? Recent throw topic for exmaple but there's definitely more.
49:40 - Upcoming EU tournaments and meet ups as theere's quite a few. Be good to give these some more attention.
54:05 - ESL Pre season event impressions.
01:03:00 - Which star wars prequel is the worst?

Attachments

Last edited:

xZoro

War God.
I'm the Kotal player mentioned at the start.
Thanks for the kind words people. Haha.
I'd love to get in on one of these maybe. Sounds like real fun.

JTB123

What is the mp3 link because I can't see it?
Updated now.

I'm the Kotal player mentioned at the start.
Thanks for the kind words people. Haha.
I'd love to get in on one of these maybe. Sounds like real fun.
It would be great to have a Kotal main on :D Didn't know you were on TYM, I'll send you a PM next time we set one up.

xZoro

War God.
It would be great to have a Kotal main on :D Didn't know you were on TYM, I'll send you a PM next time we set one up.[/QUOTE]

Do you do this via skype? If so, i'll PM my skype details :)

JTB123

It would be great to have a Kotal main on :D Didn't know you were on TYM, I'll send you a PM next time we set one up.
Do you do this via skype? If so, i'll PM my skype details :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah we use Skype.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Which stars wars prequel is the worst. Has to be 3. Anakin went down like a $2 hooker. The transformation to Vader was not satisfying at all.

Honestly I hope Abraham's can pull this off.....

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Haven't listened yet, here are the Star Wars prequels in order of WOST to BEST:
1. The Phantom Menace
2. The Clone Wars
3. Revenge Of The Sith

No debate. I speak only truth. Nobody is entitled to an opinion unless it matches mine. I'm not listening lalala.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Listened to the whole star wars segment. It was awesome. If you have played any of the recent call of duty's or assassin's creed games i'd love to hear a rant on that haha

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Justin's format for that tourney in West Brom sounded really cool, definitely something I'd like to try out before VSF next year.

I'll say this about the Hellfire/Ninjutsu debate....

When shit is going your way, I do believe Hellfire is a more dangerous variation... but on the opposite end, but as far as what stops Scorp from being Scorp, I feel more castrated by Hellfire's trump cards being out of the question in given scenarios. Ninjutsu's utility does better to tick more boxes in one shot. As long as you assess your opponent's buttons well and don't play Ninjutsu in too much of an arbitrary way then it will serve you well. Ultimately I think there's too many "what if"s to say which is decisively better.

As far as buffing how fast the fireball lets rip... the fireball can be cancelled at around 14 frames... I don't see how that would be effected lol....

Also I don't understand the Tremor OH rock/Inferno OH minion comparison, like.... at all.... the minions are like Kenshi-esque projectiles... if we mean being able to use it in open play and still press buttons then we're bound to bound to get some moron complaining about hard to blockables and as a result Scorpion's armor should be even worse etc. etc. :rolleyes:

I think a big gripe with throws is kinda already stressed, unless you're forced to (in situations like Impostor's Mimicry or Warlock's EX Stab), why WOULD you tech them? If I have an inkling that I'm going to be challenged with a throw I just cross over, and if not, their means of challenging that accordingly is at least compromised.

Complaints about blockstun..... essentially some moves on block aren't fun to adequately deal with, but I'd rather they stay as is rather than be adjusted by clueless fuckbois who don't understand how frames really work, or why they have to be that way to keep a given move in regulation.

I already had a lot of concerns about ESL without even competing in it.... it just doesn't seem worth investing a 3 figure sum to get fucked over by so many grey areas.... I'd like to know how a Russian was even allowed to compete in that bracket, don't they have their own designated CIS league? lol.

40 minute Star Wars discussion..... ehhhh I think I'm gonna sit that one out. Not a bad episode otherwise.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Just listened really enjoyed and agree with nearly everything

Didn't expect to get a name drop but that was sound of you man, hope you can make it to to Rome we can make a hell of a day out it I promise you

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Firstly JTB I noticed you changed the video but I don't know what you cut so you get away with it this time :DOGE

Gab, Saltface says Mileena beats Kano... I haven't played it myself though to be able to say it's definitely losing. As for Kano outfootsieing Mileena with F4 and D4 I don't think it's that bad, I mean you still have B22 and B12 which have good reach on them and are relatively fast mid strings (and are safe against Kano unless you really count up ball, which is inconsistent depending on distance, as that much of a threat). Although you're playing Ethereal Cutthroat right? Not sure what that one's like lol.

Cybernetic vs KJ is kind of a hot topic in the Kano community. Some of us say it's not winning, Steve says it is winning (but lost to Dragon in tournament...although he said he 7-3d him in casuals after so I dunno). I personally hate the matchup and, although there's maybe one or two things I might be able to do better, I still don't think it's winning.

Steve is planning to drop Kano unless defensive mechanics are buffed :( He has a Bone Shaper, Hollywood and apparently now a Summoner Quan that I'm assuming he'll be dropping Kano to play instead now.

Oh and I've started on a living Cybernetic guide if you haven't seen it yet, it's in the Resources section and I guess in the Kano forum.

I think CDJr could be a candidate for best hair.

We have a Venomous player at our local, don't think anyone has been able to punish spray consistently lol.

JTB123

Firstly JTB I noticed you changed the video but I don't know what you cut so you get away with it this time :DOGE

Gab, Saltface says Mileena beats Kano... I haven't played it myself though to be able to say it's definitely losing. As for Kano outfootsieing Mileena with F4 and D4 I don't think it's that bad, I mean you still have B22 and B12 which have good reach on them and are relatively fast mid strings (and are safe against Kano unless you really count up ball, which is inconsistent depending on distance, as that much of a threat). Although you're playing Ethereal Cutthroat right? Not sure what that one's like lol.

Cybernetic vs KJ is kind of a hot topic in the Kano community. Some of us say it's not winning, Steve says it is winning (but lost to Dragon in tournament...although he said he 7-3d him in casuals after so I dunno). I personally hate the matchup and, although there's maybe one or two things I might be able to do better, I still don't think it's winning.

Steve is planning to drop Kano unless defensive mechanics are buffed :( He has a Bone Shaper, Hollywood and apparently now a Summoner Quan that I'm assuming he'll be dropping Kano to play instead now.

Oh and I've started on a living Cybernetic guide if you haven't seen it yet, it's in the Resources section and I guess in the Kano forum.

I think CDJr could be a candidate for best hair.

We have a Venomous player at our local, don't think anyone has been able to punish spray consistently lol.
I missed an edit first time around so had to reupload.

Punishing bug spray is no doubt one of the hardest consistent punishes in the game but I do think it's something people will get better at as the game progresses. The worst part about it is when people act like it's plus and just stand there and let the D'Vorah player do somthing else after it. At the very least that should never happen.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I missed an edit first time around so had to reupload.

Punishing bug spray is no doubt one of the hardest consistent punishes in the game but I do think it's something people will get better at as the game progresses. The worst part about it is when people act like it's plus and just stand there and let the D'Vorah player do somthing else after it. At the very least that should never happen.
Lol it's cool.

Yeah our Venomous player said that too but I said it's been the same since release and six months into the game noone's doing it lol. But you never know, if this game ends up having a few years to its life then we'll see.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I re-watched Episode 2 and must blow up @JTB123 for throwing around the bill that it's the worst. Obviously it's not great, and the main reason I think it fails is because of the shitty scenes about Padme and Anakin, but no way is it worse than Episode 1.

The part when Obi-Wan goes to Kamino and finds the clone army is pretty awesome though and I felt that generally the movie is ok when Padme and Anakin aren't on screen (which is admittedly most of the movie). It's just so hard to believe the acting when Christiansen is so bad and the writing is so shit for those bits. The ONLY time I felt that Christiansen actually gave a shit was when he was talking to Padme about killing the Tuskan raiders and he shouts that he hates them. That is the single line in the entire film he delivers that I actually believe. I can get past the CGI really, but I can't get past their chemistry on screen.

As a side note, C3PO is fucking terrible character and I hate him almost as much as Jar Jar. There are several scenes towards the end when C3PO's head is on a droids body, and R2D2 drags his head back to his body. At this point, C3PO exclaims "This is a drag", which is immediately followed by "I'm beside myself" when he actually gets back to his body. Beyond the fact that there is just no need for this head-swap humor to happen, I can't articulate just how hard I face palmed when I heard these joke, but I think I lost a few brains cells. The face palming also no doubt killed a few as well. At the core of it, shit like this is the reason so many parts of the prequels are unbearable; all the pointless and desperate attempts at humor instead of actually trying to write a good script /rant

JTB123

I re-watched Episode 2 and must blow up @JTB123 for throwing around the bill that it's the worst. Obviously it's not great, and the main reason I think it fails is because of the shitty scenes about Padme and Anakin, but no way is it worse than Episode 1.

The part when Obi-Wan goes to Kamino and finds the clone army is pretty awesome though and I felt that generally the movie is ok when Padme and Anakin aren't on screen (which is admittedly most of the movie). It's just so hard to believe the acting when Christiansen is so bad and the writing is so shit for those bits. The ONLY time I felt that Christiansen actually gave a shit was when he was talking to Padme about killing the Tuskan raiders and he shouts that he hates them. That is the single line in the entire film he delivers that I actually believe. I can get past the CGI really, but I can't get past their chemistry on screen.

As a side note, C3PO is fucking terrible character and I hate him almost as much as Jar Jar. There are several scenes towards the end when C3PO's head is on a droids body, and R2D2 drags his head back to his body. At this point, C3PO exclaims "This is a drag", which is immediately followed by "I'm beside myself" when he actually gets back to his body. Beyond the fact that there is just no need for this head-swap humor to happen, I can't articulate just how hard I face palmed when I heard these joke, but I think I lost a few brains cells. The face palming also no doubt killed a few as well. At the core of it, shit like this is the reason so many parts of the prequels are unbearable; all the pointless and desperate attempts at humor instead of actually trying to write a good script /rant
If C3P0 is on par with Jar Jar and Episode 2 is overall just as shit as Episode 1 while taking a Jabba the Hut size shit on Yoda's character which in turns sours Empire Strikes Back then Episode 2 remains the worst. It is the fucking Kabal of the prequel trilogy.

I did forget how stupid 3P0 is in that film though, I don't think I have it in me to watch them again.

Rearawt

Noob
Punishing bug spray is no doubt one of the hardest consistent punishes in the game but I do think it's something people will get better at as the game progresses.
Do you think it's possible to get much better at it? Seems more of a read than a reaction based punish

JTB123

Do you think it's possible to get much better at it? Seems more of a read than a reaction based punish
I do think so yes. There is a distinct visual cue for when you can punish it but as Phos said it's the fact that you chose when to end the move and it's one of the few moves in the game where the punishment window is the second the move is over. A lot of moves require to wait a split second and I think that throws people off.

If your fastest string is 10 frames or more then it's going to be extremely difficult.

Last edited:

Rearawt

Noob
There is a distinct visual cue for when you can punish it but as Phos said it's the fact that you chose when to end the move and it's one of the few moves in the game where the punishment window is the second the move is over.
That's why I'm asking. If it has a 20 frame window to punish, and the opponent can choose when to end it, doesn't that mean that you have 20 frames to react to when it ends?

So to successfully connect a 7 frame poke you have to throw it out in the first 13 frames, as in react in 13 frames, which I've seen people agree is unreactable.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I will have to ask for his opinion as I can see it being even at best. Both B12 and B22 (Piercing) but both can be low profiled by his D4 due to the range. The way I talk about I make it sound like a 7-3 and just to be clear the match is nowhere near that bad. However, I will say Mileena's Oki is one of if not her strongest attribute and the fact that Kano can render it near useless (at the moment) is a problem.