What's new

Help my cage please

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Here is some matches between me and my friend squirtmcgirt ....let me know what I'm doing right and wrong. I know I drop a lot due to me trying to always get the max damage. I should probly play safer and just get my nut punch always. Blow me up for my mistakes please

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I only got to watch a little bit, but watch your use of d1 a couple times ur d1 was blocked and you continued pressure even tho it is hella negative. That was mostly ur friends fault for not hitting you in the face tho, haha. Otherwise seemed pretty solid. Are u on Xbox ciz if so we could get some mirrors in

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
I only got to watch a little bit, but watch your use of d1 a couple times ur d1 was blocked and you continued pressure even tho it is hella negative. That was mostly ur friends fault for not hitting you in the face tho, haha. Otherwise seemed pretty solid. Are u on Xbox ciz if so we could get some mirrors in
Thanks for the tip

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Ending combos with nut punch always does more damage because of the chip after it.

Less poking in your pressure and more F3. When you do throws, do tick throws. so try JP throw or 11 throw.

Don't be afraid to ex nutpunch him to get out of the pressure.

Don't use that Shadow Kick back to back always. Hella Unsafe

When you're trying to get in, at jump distance...stop jumping. Any zoner who knows you're trying to get in will anti air you.

Instead of dashing in and blocking, try dashing in and using d3. Up close use standing one because its 7 frames...it will beat out a lot of moves and is hit confirm-able into nutpunch (1,11,13). Or just use f3 like a lameass

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Thanks Mikemetroid the reason for the shadow kick was I play him a lot and I knew he was going to iagb ...if u notice I didn't miss my shadowkicks lol but yes its very unsafe lol

Saint

Noob
It's hard to critique when you're already winning but your friend lets you get away with alot of bs, not sure if he knows his frame data. You could squeeze in a couple of AA 1's in the first set. You should also switch out your pressure d1 to a d3 for obvious reasons. Careful with your jumping too, specially at the jump distance against kabal.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
It's hard to critique when you're already winning but your friend lets you get away with alot of bs, not sure if he knows his frame data. You could squeeze in a couple of AA 1's in the first set. You should also switch out your pressure d1 to a d3 for obvious reasons. Careful with your jumping too, specially at the jump distance against kabal.
I appreciate your advise...thank you I totally agree .. d3 good call :) I don't win them all but I just need help I do great locally but I seem to scrub out against the greats like Detroit, some of the forever clan especially king. And I'm going to EVO so I just want all the help I can get ..oh and the reason for the d1 is I'm expecting a iagb or jump out so I'm tryin to as with it ..but I still agree with you

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Ending combos with nut punch always does more damage because of the chip after it.

Less poking in your pressure and more F3. When you do throws, do tick throws. so try JP throw or 11 throw.

Don't be afraid to ex nutpunch him to get out of the pressure.

Don't use that Shadow Kick back to back always. Hella Unsafe

When you're trying to get in, at jump distance...stop jumping. Any zoner who knows you're trying to get in will anti air you.

Instead of dashing in and blocking, try dashing in and using d3. Up close use standing one because its 7 frames...it will beat out a lot of moves and is hit confirm-able into nutpunch (1,11,13). Or just use f3 like a lameass
Well you pretty much covered everything on this cage, but i thought standing 1 was 8 frames? Thats what the frame data says at least

Saint

Noob
I appreciate your advise...thank you I totally agree .. d3 good call :) I don't win them all but I just need help I do great locally but I seem to scrub out against the greats like Detroit, some of the forever clan especially king. And I'm going to EVO so I just want all the help I can get
You're above average just keep practising. Alot of practising. Everything needs to come naturally. Obviously you'll have to think about the things you do wrong and consciously correct them, but do so untill they too are automatic so you can put your focus on the meta.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hey man, the one thing I would say is that you need to be using F3 off of just about every d3 you connect on. If you look at the frame data, a successful d3 gives you F3 for free which you can use to keep on them with more pressure options. Mike Metroid gave you some great advice about d3'ing when you are dashing forward to get in and using the standing 1 more since it is super fast (actually 8 frames) and can confirm into nut punch.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
Hey man, the one thing I would say is that you need to be using F3 off of just about every d3 you connect on. If you look at the frame data, a successful d3 gives you F3 for free which you can use to keep on them with more pressure options. Mike Metroid gave you some great advice about d3'ing when you are dashing forward to get in and using the standing 1 more since it is super fast (actually 8 frames) and can confirm into nut punch.
thank you very much I appreciate you input

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sonyas is 7, Cages 8. I have no clue how Mike hitconfirms 11 into nutpunch
ya, it isn't an easy hit confirm... but if they try to jump out the standing 1 is usually pretty solid at starting an anti air juggle that ends up in a nut punch ne ways.

Saint

Noob
Idk but he definetly does it. Ive seen him confirm just 1 and cancel that into nutpunch. Its crazy.
Actually I take that back, just tried it, not as hard as I remembered it to be. Not the easiest hitconfirm but definitely doable

Edit: 11 that is, 1 I can't see being confirmable