What's new

Help!! Dealing with negative safe strings.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
So im online playing, i bump into a scorpion player.

First i notice he's turtling the whole match and D4d1d3d2d3d2d1 THE WHOLE TIME even though its not punishable for a counter poke cause they're safe on block. its just gets annoying cause he keeps blocking until i do my next move. But the part im not understanding is he keeps doing his f2 overhead or poking me again and it hits me even though his moves are negative like wtf ???i understand they're safe but i should be able to at least poke him back?? And guys im using my characters fastest moves and HE STILL HITS ME!? This set i had put me in a mental funk and I don't know what to do anymore ....

(Forgot to mention the connection omfg)

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Sounds like he was just mashing. Usually if I'm playing Mileena and my opponent is constantly pressing buttons when they're negtive I just roll. Hits them all the time.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Is the f2 overhead the one that crushes lows? Could be part of the reason too
When I noticed he kept doing overheads I tried to use mileenas 1 which is 8frame start up and also a high so I thought most definitely it would hit. But i was most definitely wrong and his overhead starts at like 16 i think..

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Scorpion's d1 is -9 on block but while playing online its quite hard to punish it. So my suggestion would be to use enhanced roll when he goes for the overhead after d1. You are lucky that you didn't encountered a Kotal Kahn player spamming d1, d1 and b1 which is impossible to poke out online as d1 is 6f start up which is -5 on block.