What's new

Help against the Jax bandwagon

Ever since summer jam I've noticed ppl online are jumping on the Jax bandwagon. He's giving me some trouble when they constantly spam him in the corner. I feel trapped by ground pounds and air grabs. Just looking for general strategy against him. Thanks for the help.

Yea i agree with snowman. I have seen way more jax players lately. So how do you get out of jax's lethal corner game? You can try and do a cross up but that damn air grab will get you everytime!

saix88

Banned
If jax has a bandwagon than kung lao, mileena, and reptile must have fuckin jumbo jets. I can't stand playing jax vs jax though. If your getting caught in an air gotcha grab that isn't used in a kombo, your attacking way to slow...For ground pound just time getting up and you won't get fazed by it, or roll back. When in the corner do a wake up attack.

If you wanna practice against jax just add me because I only use him.

Yea i agree with snowman. I have seen way more jax players lately. So how do you get out of jax's lethal corner game? You can try and do a cross up but that damn air grab will get you everytime!
Unless you're playing a jedi, the Air Grab shouldn't be stopping your cross-up attempts very often, and if he does grab you when you try to jump out of the corner, unless he uses the EX version, you'll likely end up out of the corner as long you don't have Quan Chi-tier wake-up.

Listen obviously I know that more people play as KL, Mil, and Rep. I was simply saying that since he won a tourney more people have been playing him no need to be a D**K. Anytime you want it bring it. Unfortunately I only play MK9 on ps3. However, I hope I see you on the 9th/10th in St. Pete!

TWZTID

Noob
i've mained jax starting from mk2, so no jumping on the bandwagon here.... but i havent noticed any increases in jax players.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
How don't I? Ever since CD JR won a tourney with a mediocre tier theres been an increase imo and others that he's being played more.
Because how do you know that people werent using him before considering he was never broken, unlike kano when he had his pre-ball and everyone tried to abuse it

Because how do you know that people werent using him before considering he was never broken, unlike kano when he had his pre-ball and everyone tried to abuse it
I know that every jax player didn't just start using him!! It's just my opinion. Kano also got nerfed a lot while jax got armor. Send me an invite would love to play you!

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Well I dont really know what to say since i play smoke and there is not corner pressuring smoke: ex smoke toward is completely invincible
and you didn't tell use who you play

saix88

Banned
Listen obviously I know that more people play as KL, Mil, and Rep. I was simply saying that since he won a tourney more people have been playing him no need to be a D**K. Anytime you want it bring it. Unfortunately I only play MK9 on ps3. However, I hope I see you on the 9th/10th in St. Pete!
Yea I will bring it and slap the taste out of your mouth :jerkoff: Why don't you calm down and stop jumping on everyone's back wanting to challenge them like a little crack head. I offered you tips on jax and even offered to practice with you, yea I'm the one being the dick.

elamit

Noob
I know that every jax player didn't just start using him!! It's just my opinion. Kano also got nerfed a lot while jax got armor. Send me an invite would love to play you!
I play as kano and I barely notice the nerf. He only got nerfed because of the constant crying. People consistently give me hate mail for my kano, but I just keep kickin their asses.

Anyways, kano is a nice character for jax. Stay in his face, stop standing there blocking (watching jax kick your ass) and keep the pressure on high! And don't predictably jump.

Bach741

Noob
Imagine that. People see a character get used well, and become interested in learning them.

Whoa... how does that work?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Imagine that. People see a character get used well, and become interested in learning them.

Whoa... how does that work?
I <3 Science.

I say good for Jax. Any new interest in the game is good interest, especially in THE Original Gangsta of the MK universe.

If they bring back Darrius in MK 10, they need to form a tag team and name it AFRO THUNDER, complete with both of their ridiculous gold alternate suits.

saix88

Banned
Ran in to a guy named st00g3s in ranked and did jax vs jax, only problem is we played very similar...had a good chat after. He had a good corner kombo, I can never pull them off online due to the slight lag. I rarely run in to jax online, they are usually really bad.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Jax players annoy me because of the Dash Punch and its armoured variant. Plus their jump kicks seem unnatural. Its like they jump and kick at the exact same time and 1 millisecond later they press the grab button and beat your jump kicks 100% of the time.

saix88

Banned
Jax players annoy me because of the Dash Punch and its armoured variant. Plus their jump kicks seem unnatural. Its like they jump and kick at the exact same time and 1 millisecond later they press the grab button and beat your jump kicks 100% of the time.
Trust me, our annoyance with sub zero is 100x greater...

saix88

Banned
Lyuben, I'm pretty sure the writing in your sig is wrong. It says China ninja warrior, not chinese, you need this at the end of china 人. 中国人