What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This game is more infuriating that Injustice online.

At least with that I had options and could actually fucking try defending myself.

With this I just get shut the fuck down at EVERY turn.

Is this really all this game is?
Well...it's a card game so no matter how "good" you are, there are games you will just automatically lose due to bad draws. It's not like FGs where you can beat an opponent 10 out of 10 games if you are significantly better than them.

JLG

Noob
This game is more infuriating that Injustice online.

At least with that I had options and could actually fucking try defending myself.

With this I just get shut the fuck down at EVERY turn.

Is this really all this game is?
What class and deck do you play? I'm sorry, I didn't see it posted before so I'm not sure what your issue is with defense. I play mostly control Paladin and control Warrior, so I have lots of defensive options. Both my decks lack big burst damage for offense, though.

What class and deck do you play? I'm sorry, I didn't see it posted before so I'm not sure what your issue is with defense. I play mostly control Paladin and control Warrior, so I have lots of defensive options. Both my decks lack big burst damage for offense, though.
I've been playing all the classes, but have settled with Paladin, Mage, Shaman and Hunter as my go-to's. Mage is the only one I can say I have decent defense with just 'cause I can wipe all the opponents minions out if I'm starting to get rushed down. My Hunter and Shaman can't do shit when they're rushed down, but my Paladin can sort of deal with it alright if I've got my +1 Spell Damage minions out and have a Holy Nova.

Well...it's a card game so no matter how "good" you are, there are games you will just automatically lose due to bad draws. It's not like FGs where you can beat an opponent 10 out of 10 games if you are significantly better than them.
And that's what pisses me off so much. I have the shittiest luck ever, so 8 or so times out of 10 the opponent's drawn everything they need to make my life miserable while I'm stuck there with nothing to work with.

I never reached legend, but I was wondering, does reaching legend 100 for example means YOU ARE the 100 and you have to keep fighting for your rank? so if you haven't played for 2 days you will find yourself rank 1500 for example? I really don't know how things work here :D
yep, but like dizzy said the drop for not playing isnt that big but it depends how high up the ladder you are. This season is going to be the hardest because everyone is fighting to get in the 16 to qualify for the blizzcon tournement and this month is the last season you can qualify

lol If you cant beat 'em....

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hm... I need to get some things.
Beast Legendary, why do you elude me?
Alexstraza, why do I get you in packs when I already have you Q_Q

I've been playing all the classes, but have settled with Paladin, Mage, Shaman and Hunter as my go-to's. Mage is the only one I can say I have decent defense with just 'cause I can wipe all the opponents minions out if I'm starting to get rushed down. My Hunter and Shaman can't do shit when they're rushed down, but my Paladin can sort of deal with it alright if I've got my +1 Spell Damage minions out and have a Holy Nova.

And that's what pisses me off so much. I have the shittiest luck ever, so 8 or so times out of 10 the opponent's drawn everything they need to make my life miserable while I'm stuck there with nothing to work with.
The game seems far more simple than it is. I find many people jump to the conclusion that the game is so simple there is no reason they should be losing other than luck. I'm sure if you take some time you'll realize the game is deeper than it appears and that you've probably been unknowingly making mistakes in your play. My first thoughts in regard to your post is that shaman and hunter are strong against rushdown, I'd say stronger than mage in some respects. With mage unless you are running arcane explosion you don't really have much for board wipe until turn 6 if you have blizzard or turn 7 with flamestrike (this is assuming you're using a single card for board wipe there are admittedly combos that can be done earlier on as well). This as opposed to hunter and shaman who have explosive trap and lightning storm which can be played much earlier in the game than the mages board wipes.

My assumption in all of this is that rushdown means your opponent is loading the board with low cost minions that synergize together to damage you early on before you can establish any sort of board control. If this is not the case than I wouldn't classify your problem as having to do with rushdown so much as a problem with board control.

All of that said this game has a fair amount of RNG and as such you will lose games to bad luck with RNG. However over time it evens out and the cream of the crop always rise to the top. The best players in hearthstone are consistently the best players despite the game's RNG and that is truly indicative that skill still trumps luck in this game.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
There will be times where you run into a streak of bad luck, normally for me its when people play completely into cards I don't draw and get majorly satly because of it.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Miracle makes me chuckle on my hunter.
Auctioneer + conceal, and I just blip it off with a deadly shot and mow into him with a 20/10 hyena.

Also it feels very liberating to be a hunter main, but man shaman decks are fun too.

Faerie Knight

Earth Shock x2
Lightning Bolt x2
Faerie Dragon x2
Flametounge Totem x2
Sunfury Protector x2
Feral Spirit x2
Hex x2
Lightning Storm x2
Mana Tide Totem x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Defender of Argus x2
Windspeaker x2
Bloodlust x1
Spectral Knight x2
Fire Elemental x2
Stormwind Champion x1

Its pretty nifty, though to be honest I wish I had Sword of Justice so I could make a similarly themed Pally deck and convert my shaman one into a rattle.

Last edited:

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Druids take no skill and is the most op deck in the game. u can have no idea what ur doing a still win. a 4-6 with taunt turn 1 wtf.