Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
VS.

Halo 4: http://www.halowaypoint.com/halo4/en-US/
Black Ops 2: http://www.blackopsii.com/

Black Ops 2 trailer:

Halo 4 trailer:

Okay, which one are you guys getting and why? I unfortunately have to choose between the 2. I love both franchises. I haven't really liked any Halo after Halo 2, but have liked CoD games after CoD4. Halo 4 looks to be different though and it's being made by a different company. Black Ops 2 though... will have Zombies and more of my friends will probably play BO2. But I'm a competitive person, and CoD games don't really satisfy my competitive side as Halo games do.

I'm torn, maybe you guys can help me with this 1st world problem I'm having.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Halo 4 is being made by 343 Industries, which consists of multiple former Bungie employees. Been watching videos for this game for a while and I just pre-ordered my copy yesterday.

To me, Black Ops 2 is a rental. I'm guessing that little has changed in that game, but they've always been fun for me.

Edit: Also, Halo 4 is going to have a mech. A MECH. A MUTHA EFFIN' MECH!

I never thought I'd say this abotu a treyarch game but Black Ops 2 looks interesting, actually. However Halo 4's a definite buy while blops still isn't a definite buy for me yet.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't really like playing shooters on consoles, but I did really enjoy Halo 2, so that wins by default.

Reedoms

Noob
Both have been over-hyped to the extremes.
Halo 4 actually looks like it's putting something new in though so my vote goes to that.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Id go with Halo 4 because it looks like it can have something new in its single player content.

Console multiplayer games (like these) suck and always will.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't hate the halo series. I just hated that everyone wouldn't stfu about them when they were coming out. Halo 3 was actually my favorite. I don't own an xbox though, and really I'm not planning on doing the campaign for BO2, but my brother will be getting it, so I will too. The game is mindless fun, no concentration required. I just hope/wish they take out bullet deflection from hardcore mode so I can kill my teammates with mics and hear them rage. "C'MON PHEEEL!! FUCK!!!" damn those were the days...

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Halo is the obvious choice here and I don't even like Halo. Hell, I might even end up giving 4 a shot.

Call of Duty, however, is the epitome of casual crapola. I refuse to support a game that rewards you for getting killed in online multiplayer (deathstreaks). Don't get me started on story mode.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Appreciate the replies in here, keep them coming.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I might try to get back into Halo once I can find Halo 4 on sale for at least half price. Buying games at full price these days is rarely worth it, especially if you've been spoiled by Steam.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Played H4 multiplayer at RTX. It was awesome. Played the campaign on a friends modded xbox. That was awesome also.
My montage trailer while you wait :p

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I might try to get back into Halo once I can find Halo 4 on sale for at least half price. Buying games at full price these days is rarely worth it, especially if you've been spoiled by Steam.
The last 2 impulse buys for me were BlazBlue and SFxT. So it's safe to say that I'm never buying a game impulsively again :p

LEGEND

YES!
i was actually planning on getting Blops 2 cause i'm getting more into fighting games and would rather have a side game that i could wreck shit in without even trying but halo 4 looks to damn amazing to ignore and i need to continue the story of Chief

Call of Duty, however, is the epitome of casual crapola. I refuse to support a game that rewards you for getting killed in online multiplayer (deathstreaks). Don't get me started on story mode.
pretty sure Black ops 2 doesn't have Death streaks. Blops 1 didn't have them and it came out after MW2 which did. Treyarch makes more balanced CoD games that are geared more to the hardcore players so i wouldn't count the game out entirely

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Neither... i have halo 3 i only play it offline with buddies, cba to try online

cod? Nah it started sucking after CoD 5