What's new

Question - Erron Black Gunslinger his best variation?

Is Gunslinger Erron Black's best variation after the recent patch?

• Yes. I feel it outweighs the other two.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No. Marksman and Outlaw have better options overall.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Not sure. Need to give it more time.

Votes: 35 68.6%

• Total voters

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
So I recently played a set with a good Summoner Quan
Chi online as Gunslinger. Some matches and rounds I just got demolished because it's Quan Chi.... But for the most part, it was fairly even and we ended up tying 10-10. I decided to play one or two ranked matches as Outlaw afterwards and I just felt so famished of options it was unbelievable! I couldn't hold my own against zoning characters and it just didn't feel as good. I use Marksman sparingly and I will continue to use Outlaw and Marksman as well. Now I ask, is Gunslinger now his best variation?

CaptainCM

Certified trash
So far I feel Gunslinger might be on par with Outlaw. I mained Marksman and run cancel nerfs hit him hard.

Redux

Ex Phase
So I recently played a set with a good Summoner Quan
Chi online as Gunslinger. Some matches and rounds I just got demolished because it's Quan Chi.... But for the most part, it was fairly even and we ended up tying 10-10. I decided to play one or two ranked matches as Outlaw afterwards and I just felt so famished of options it was unbelievable! I couldn't hold my own against zoning characters and it just didn't feel as good. I use Marksman sparingly and I will continue to use Outlaw and Marksman as well. Now I ask, is Gunslinger now his best variation?
it depends on the player preference and matchup really. Outlaw is less meter dependent for damage, armored sand, better advantage with the stab and just more suited to be in your opponents face. I haven't tested post patch Gunslinger against players yet but as you said it gives you more mid screen options which is why I like playing it and hoping the zoning got a bit better.

If you can hit confirm though Outlaw has a bit of the edge imo, meterless 30+ damage from any of his starters in any situation is too good.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
With the run cancels returning to normal, marksman may still be the best variation, but gunslinger I feel is at least on par with outlaw now. Too early to tell for me. Just waiting for Sonic Fox to display the potential now :).

Was practicing with gunslinger last night for a bit. I think it's really depends on the match up. I still love marksman.. it's just so fun to play.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Gunslinger has definitely improved, but I still think that Outlaw is the superior version due to his damage potential and oki game.

Noob
For me, gunslinger is not better than outlaw.

Doesn't gunslinger and outlaw do about the same amount of damage after the patch?

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I think we should just be thankful that we have 3 good variations and not 1 being good and the other two being whatever. I am pretty happy with it.

Last edited:
I haven't played for a couple of days. Some say run cancels have been hot fixed two times already and are now back to normal. Did not test this.
Yeah there back to normal , there safe now but the timing seems slightly diffirent , the only character in this game that still has buggy cancels is a list lol

DarthVado

The Worst Guy
Yes, I am fairly confident that this is now his best variation. His zoning is now completely ridiculous for one, from fullscreen, he is plus on almost all of it, and a lot of it is armor breaking. This means he's going to build insane meter and chip you while you try to get in, because unlike most of the cast, his zoning actually covers almost all ways to get to him. His coin shot is now almost always plus, seemingly even if you hit the person right on the head, it still seems to be around 0, and anything lower is plus, with a foot shot being very noticeably plus. 23 knocks people back on block or hit, so you can use that to hinder their progress towards you. Any hit with SoS 4 gives you a free sandbomb which they will either need to block on wake up, or delay their wake up, which you can then use a coin shot to get them then. 4 is also great for breaking armor, chip, and meter building mid screen. SoS2 is a great anti-air now, and the start up decrease on SoS makes it harder to punish all of this, since it means all of it comes out faster.

Up close, SoS 3 now allows his huge meter building and chip, which can be combined with caltrops to do huge chip damage, and build insane meter. It's also great for meatying someone's wake up, so they basically have to block on wake up, and reversal the last shot if they have meter, if they don't, you get free chip, spacing and meter. SoS4 is more viable for dodging attempts to poke out of pressure, and create space. Coin shot still isn't very good for pressure, since the risk isn't really worth the reward, but it is an actual option now.