What's new

Match Footage - Marksman GunShow (Marksman Erron Black) vs Pig of The Hut (Kenjutsu Kenshi)

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Is this thread about pigs tier list, personal pig of the hut hate, pigs posts in other threads or about marksman erron black gameplay? I wonder...
None of those. It'a about Kenshi being abysmal and needing buffs.

Balanced kenshi- jade tier konfirmed

wow that marksman erron black is really cool. You can see he is really familiar with the variation, because he plays it really smooth and fast. Also very impressed with pigs usage of armor. Interrupting d1 into that special move isnt easy to do online or even offline.

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
Oh no I mean like erron black defending him wise

Like basic erron stuff
He's not top 5 dude there's characters that make you hold evvverything or have small gaps, erron black doesn't guarantee anything except a sand grenade after 21122 and even if he presses buttons after the grenade you can armor through whatever it is...if there's to be a top 5 in mkx erron shouldn't be in the conversation. 6-8 most definitely but not top 10.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
He's not top 5 dude there's characters that make you hold evvverything or have small gaps, erron black doesn't guarantee anything except a sand grenade after 21122 and even if he presses buttons after the grenade you can armor through whatever it is...if there's to be a top 5 in mkx erron shouldn't be in the conversation. 6-8 most definitely but not top 10.
We can agree to disagree

TKB

Noob
Awesome stuff @xGunShow your rifle cancels are on point as always. Just curious, why do you prefer to go for 11b3 ex sand grenade after your rifle cancels instead of 21122?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Also apparently some idiots I block (can't see posts) are trying to turn this thread into "Hate" thread, real mature move

I've given gunshow ever prop I can and just asking erron wise what could I do better......by now every smart person knows Kenshi is mid-ish and has major issues . I'm not debating that, I'm asking erron wise am I letting him get away w anything I shouldn't

Zabru

6-8 most definitely but not top 10... ok

TKB

Noob
Also apparently some idiots I block (can't see posts) are trying to turn this thread into "Hate" thread, real mature move

I've given gunshow ever prop I can and just asking erron wise what could I do better......by now every smart person knows Kenshi is mid-ish and has major issues . I'm not debating that, I'm asking erron wise am I letting him get away w anything I shouldn't
Well he's good at hit confirming the rifle cancels to stay safe but like Dab said you can armor through pretty much everything, you don't have to respect 11b3 ex sand grenade, or any of the rifle cancels if he tries using them for pressure. 21122 ex sand grenade is the only air tight block string. hope that helps atleast a little.

Zabru

Haters translation of this message: I'm bad at kenshi and want the game to be easy and kenshi is bottom tier.

Also I don't play much Kenjutsu but I'm using you guides to help me get better with him. I think possessed is better for this matchup. Mid demon drops destroy slide and shoulder is great but you know all about that. I go for combo enders instead of vortex against erron and use EXteleport as a wake up especially in the corner over exlift.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
@xGunShow excellent play. I was just thinking if there is enough frames to do sand grenade at full screen to bait a reflect, then run immediately after you toss the grenade and slide over it when it comes back? I know Errons slide will coast over the grenade. Just brainstorming. Good play by @Pig Of The Hut as well.

Zabru

@xGunShow excellent play. I was just thinking if there is enough frames to do sand grenade at full screen to bait a reflect, then run immediately after you toss the grenade and slide over it when it comes back? I know Errons slide will coast over the grenade. Just brainstorming. Good play by @Pig Of The Hut as well.
If kenshi reflects it and erron makes a read he can slide and punish Kenshi.

Zabru

Like i said it was a very good set. Also very close one (it was like 20-16 or smtg).

Also @Pig Of The Hut don't bother with those "special people", they achieved nothing in competitive MK (MK X included), so the best they can do is post some shit which only they care about.
Amen.

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr

He didn't get away with much but eb cancels are -6 on block that's the only thing you let him get away on

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
He didn't get away with much but eb cancels are -6 on block that's the only thing you let him get away on
That's only for F13 cancel, his 21112121212121221 cancel or whatever is +1, B32 cancel is +1, and 4 GC is +7.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is not MK9 where the top 5 were basically set in stone. There are so many characters compete with each other in S Tier, Erron Black has already shown he has all the tools to be in S tier.

Just a thought Pig, I think you should harass with d4 more with Kenshi. It might not directly link with Overhead sword like b3, but it has more range, keeps your hitbox safer, and recovers much faster. Also jump in on Marksman alot more, he doesn't have any good AAs to deal with J1(whatever the sword jumpin is) outside of Air grenade.

Last edited:

Zabru

Exactly if he has shit AA I reckon possessed all the way.

These are the two characters I play, so this was a real treat to see what I consider the two current best players of their respective characters further refining the matchup against one another. There is an astonishing amount of misinformation about both characters in this thread though

Slymind

Noob
Very entertaining, nice stuff.

On a side note, Pig seems to be one of the few people who are commited to explore all the variations of his main, would be cool to see more people doing that as well, and Gunshow Erron is really good, looking foward to see more of it.

Last edited: