What's new

Question Grundy's reset

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
My understanding is that his reset is inescapable if the Grundy player inputs the right timing. I'm also told jumping out is the only way out (or clashing early on I suppose). I was playing an STB clan mate's Grundy and he was nailing it pretty easily, without me being able to jump out. This only leaves me to conclude that the timing is not strict. And it deals over 50%, mostly unclashable.

Is all of this true? And how much damage does it actually do? I couldn't find this info on the forum.

PS why are people flipping out about Ares having a meter-required escapable reset with Grundy having this nonsense?

:mad:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Depends on how it starts. 50-60% for 1 bar. There's one off the overhead that's 80%+ for 2 bars some guy posted though.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
There's a 100% one that is hella hard to do. Grundy has a really hard time getting in against most of the cast so it's all fine.

Error

DF2+R2
PS why are people flipping out about Ares having a meter-required escapable reset with Grundy having this nonsense?

:mad:
Grundy's resets do always take meter for mb swamp hands as it leaves the opponent standing, sometimes mb dead air and mb graverot is used for extra damage, that's 3 bars.

Anyways, Ares has less trouble getting in than Grundy.