What's new

Ground Pound question

Quick question, is there a certain frame that the normal ground pound actually works against a grounded opponent? My usual strategy is to get them to the corner, so I usually try to work in a dash punch, ground pound to air grab. But lately it hasn't been working against a laid out opponent, the ground pound will go off and they'll simply stand up while you watch the purple rings begin to fade under their feet.

Yeah, it works if they aren't in their "getting up" animation... They have to either delay their wake-up or have completed enough of the recovery animation... I think once the opponent is able to move again, they can be hit. What particularly annoys me about this is that even if the opponent delayed their wake-up, they can just wait for you to ground pound, then start getting up when you punch the ground and completely avoid the attack... EX Ground Pound still hits them, though, but they won't get popped up high enough for a combo unless you're in the corner.

I figured it was something like that...but that makes the ground pound almost useless against any experienced fighter or Jax users since they know how easy it is to avoid/dodge this slow move already. I hope they eventually buff his ground pound even if its just like making it a frame faster or something. :(