What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Nah, it would work even with a slower recovery, simply because there's a followup option. The speed does help a lot, though.
thats not true, then people would be staggering sinestro's b1 all the time, but they dont because it has horrible recovery by itself and easy to spot out even though it has b13 and b12 as a followup

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
From playing GL the "reasonable" buffs I'd give him would be:
make minigun -3 instead of -7
make his backdash a little better
make b13 mb oa rocket hit all crouching opponents

ooh and this one would be over kill but itd be sick if his crp far would reach full screen haha

From playing GL the "reasonable" buffs I'd give him would be:
make minigun -3 instead of -7
make his backdash a little better
make b13 mb oa rocket hit all crouching opponents

ooh and this one would be over kill but itd be sick if his crp far would reach full screen haha
MG being -3 would be ok I think. Backdash would be awesome, but like I've said before, it'd have to be veeeery slight. Because too much would straight up break him I believe. B13 MB OR hitting all opponents would be cool.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
MG being -3 would be ok I think. Backdash would be awesome, but like I've said before, it'd have to be veeeery slight. Because too much would straight up break him I believe. B13 MB OR hitting all opponents would be cool.
-3? That's stepping into the safe Sword Flip territory so you know...

-3? That's stepping into the safe Sword Flip territory so you know...
Except the really crappy start up. You're talking about Sword Flip that's 7 frames on start up versus MG that's 24 frame. It's not like it's a viable wake up attack like sword flip and if used in B13 into MG it would only be safe.

I think it's fine the way it is, but making MG -3 on block wouldn't break him.

xInfra Deadx

Except the really crappy start up. You're talking about Sword Flip that's 7 frames on start up versus MG that's 24 frame. It's not like it's a viable wake up attack like sword flip and if used in B13 into MG it would only be safe.

I think it's fine the way it is, but making MG -3 on block wouldn't break him.
It still makes him dumb. -3 minigun accompanied by a long reaching 9 frame B1 and 12 frame lift makes it kinda fucked up due to the pushback of minigun.

It still makes him dumb. -3 minigun accompanied by a long reaching 9 frame B1 and 12 frame lift makes it kinda fucked up due to the pushback of minigun.
When I said it would ok, I didn't mean "ok that would good" I meant it as "ok" like so -so. So again, I think his MG is fine. Actually I've said many times he doesn't need any buffs whatsoever. BUT I'm saying -3 wouldn't break him. More ridiculous? Of course you would have just made his blocked string ender more safe when it was already safe. So I agree with you. B1 is dumb enough and I'll admit it.

BTW that 12 frame lift that I've been hearing is a viable wake up option, only if they jump and it's not to cross up. The thing is -26 on block. It's not like it's Zod's Phantom Strike or MMH's Psionic Push.

xInfra Deadx

When I said it would ok, I didn't mean "ok that would good" I meant it as "ok" like so -so. So again, I think his MG is fine. Actually I've said many times he doesn't need any buffs whatsoever. BUT I'm saying -3 wouldn't break him. More ridiculous? Of course you would have just made his blocked string ender more safe when it was already safe. So I agree with you. B1 is dumb enough and I'll admit it.

BTW that 12 frame lift that I've been hearing is a viable wake up option, only if they jump and it's not to cross up. The thing is -26 on block. It's not like it's Zod's Phantom Strike or MMH's Psionic Push.
Yeah, Green Lantern is fine as is...other than the crappy backdash that he and other characters have...i'll just leave it at that.

The thing w/Zod's Phantom Strike on wakeup is that it has horrible whiff recovery and MMH's Push can be baited and punished. They're not as godlike as some people are making it out to be...

Yeah, Green Lantern is fine as is...other than the crappy backdash that he and other characters have...i'll just leave it at that.

The thing w/Zod's Phantom Strike on wakeup is that it has horrible whiff recovery and MMH's Push can be baited and punished. They're not as godlike as some people are making it out to be...
And their ranges aren't the best. It's just something you have to respect more than some other wake ups because they're safe on block and you can't jump over them. Well Lantern can't.

only buffs GL needs are mobility ones
Even those would probably break him in my opinion. I'll give the example I've given before. It would be like Superman's backdash into F2 pre patch only it would be a low. Or what about backdash lift? People would go ape shit over that.

I would love it so he can deal with zoning better, but I'd rather keep his B1 and lift the way it is.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There's not much you can really change to him. Making minigun -3 would probably allow him to play an aggressive footsies style of play similar to Supes f23 breath.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Even those would probably break him in my opinion. I'll give the example I've given before. It would be like Superman's backdash into F2 pre patch only it would be a low. Or what about backdash lift? People would go ape shit over that.

I would love it so he can deal with zoning better, but I'd rather keep his B1 and lift the way it is.
just give him a better forward dash then or make turbine viable

I would just love to see gl's f2 turned into a mid hitting move and maybe F2D1 made neutral. Seems kinda useless atm apart from gimmicky mixups and F2 b1 within a combo for extra couple percent. is there anything else?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm by all means very new at injustice i dont play it much but i was wondering if this is a practical combo?