What's new

Goro

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Welcome!

So after being shown in two trailers I guess we can start forming an idea of what type of Kameo he is.

We've seen his Punch Walk in the first gameplay trailer

And the stomp in the most recent trailer

The Punch Walk is a Summon, since Mileena stands still for a while UNTIL Goro launches Kitana allowing Mileena to start a combo.

On the other hand the Stomp is an Ambush, we can see Li Mei firing projectiles at Baraka and calling Goro while doing so. The Stomp is unblockable but before jumping and landing on the opponent, Goro enters the stage and I'm sure there's a window there to attack him before the jumps offscreen.

There's still one more move to reveal. What could it be? I think the green fireball is a good bet.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
He does not appear much taller than the women. He is also appear more half-human dragon like. The women are wearing heals plus easily Taylor Swift height. I hope we get Motaro, Sheeva, and Kintaro as well. Sheeva could use some of her moves from mk11, maybe a faster stomp, a shield forward move and upward sheild. Kintaro could be i dunno. Sheeva's fire move from MK11, a slower but more powerful stomp, and strong uppercut from MK2. And Motaro easily speaks for himself. Sword tail fireball, the projectile reflect, and hind legs kick maybe. So many options for Kameos.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
or he uses you as a fireball by throwing you which when its blocked lead you to being +on block next to your opponent :)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
He does not appear much taller than the women.
I think people got confused because Goro is moving while doing his move. If you look at the pic, Mileena's legs are almost completely stretched while Goro's are bending because he's in motion.

If Goro were standing with his legs stretched besides Mileena he'd look much more taller.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think people got confused because Goro is moving while doing his move. If you look at the pic, Mileena's legs are almost completely stretched while Goro's are bending because he's in motion.

If Goro were standing with his legs stretched besides Mileena he'd look much more taller.
Nah he was a teeny tiny boy in the gameplay reveal. They made him huge in Li Mei's trailer tho. He's noticeably bigger.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much

I see what you mean. Just used to him being a bit bigger

Pizza

Thrill Kill
They made him huge in Li Mei's trailer tho. He's noticeably bigger.
I think you're right.

I tried to pause the video at a point where both Goro and Tanya are next to each other

Tanya is in motion here but she doesn't seem to be bending her legs too much, so I guess her height would be near Goro's shoulder.

Agilaz

It has begun
I think its really cool how this Goro is basically MKX Goro with a new coat of paint.

I love that he has his up 2 as a move, and his throw being his MKX command grab is just excellent. I hope it has a brutality attached to it

Ardet

Noob
It seems like they nerfed his punchwalk kameo assist? In first gameplay trailer Mileena had time to ball roll after he finnishes punchwalk. But now in KK2 his punchwalk goes further and Geras could only move later than Mileena in first trailer. So its no more combo launcher? I quess they thought since he has u2 and omellete throw it would be too much to have 3 launchers?

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
Oddly enough, unblockable setups aside, his best move seems to be Omelette Toss, the command grab (by the way, that name has as much of a staying power as Punch Walk) - it's a free launch (probably a free relaunch, if you used one of yours), works in juggles and, correct me if i'm wrong, but you can choose a side with it, right ? So, you can throw your opponent in the corner or get away from it yourself. Granted, the scaling will be harsh, but that's fighting games 101, the pros largely outweigh the cons.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Oddly enough, unblockable setups aside, his best move seems to be Omelette Toss, the command grab (by the way, that name has as much of a staying power as Punch Walk) - it's a free launch (probably a free relaunch, if you used one of yours), works in juggles and, correct me if i'm wrong, but you can choose a side with it, right ? So, you can throw your opponent in the corner or get away from it yourself. Granted, the scaling will be harsh, but that's fighting games 101, the pros largely outweigh the cons.
Is it a true command grab or just the animation of one? If so do you know if it's high or mid?

Spent all this time labbing Goro Kameo and got excited, only to realize his neutral assist takes like 20 seconds to recover which makes it kind of ass. Oh well.