What's new

Breakthrough - Kuatan Warrior Goro punchwalk is broken(forces block)

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I didnt discover this i was playing with my friend KHAOTIC_OMNIOUS who discovered this by the way props to him. So basically we were playing and he was doing 123 after my punchwalk with jax and exx punchwalk wouldnt come out so i assumed it was an input error. So omnious found it strange cause i told him i was armoring so he goes to the lab and sets the ai to do punnchwalk exx punchwalk and jaxs 6 frame normal forced goro to block, i tested this with cassie, raiden, and jax so it looks like any character with a 6frame reversal or 6 frame normal can make goro block giving you no chance to armor, i tested this in practice and in game. This also works with pokes.
@goro mains @BunLantern @biopolarexpress @Destroy_Scvm @Espio @Pig Of The Hut @YOMI REO

haketh

Noob
Huh, this explains some things that I feel have been odd wih armoring Cassie

Any chance this affects DF Goro Fang Spin?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
You've only got 1f to get your armour started, and tbh if you try to armour and block you can punish Cassie for it easily at the very least. Are we sure this is only a PW thing? Who else has a -5 move we could test against 6f reversals with?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
You've only got 1f to get your armour started, and tbh if you try to armour and block you can punish Cassie for it easily at the very least. Are we sure this is only a PW thing? Who else has a -5 move we could test against 6f reversals with?
when i tested it on the cpu it wouldnt armor it would block so i dont know maybe it is, but for cassie you def cant and for 6 frames also probably hard to armor if you can at all i tried to and so did the cpu.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
when i tested it on the cpu it wouldnt armor it would block so i dont know maybe it is, but for cassie you def cant and for 6 frames also probably hard to armor if you can at all i tried to and so did the cpu.
Yeah I had a play around with it and same situation against Cassie, Goro just blocks. Against Jax, I could armour through it but it's difficult to get the EX pw input on the first frame after regular pw. Likewise it's difficult to get Jax's 1 to come out on the first frame after a blocked pw, so I can't imagine everyone being frame perfect in the heat of the moment. Cassie shouldn't really be doing reversal flip kick unless it's a super hard read though, and if you're worried about stopping people from using 6f highs after a blocked pw then there's less risky ways to do so anyway.

E

Eldriken

If you input an armored move the exact frame that an attack hits you, you will block it. In MK9, this would cause the meter drain glitch. In MKX, the engine prioritizes block. This is not a bug. This is just how the game engine works.
Dizzy, you're awesome for always filling us in about this kind of stuff. :D You do your job very well!

Brian5524_

"I will rip out your throat!"
Dude why did you post this... we already established that GORO can in fact ARMOR through 6 frames! We did it in Practice Mode a BILLION times on a fight stick with TURBO at 25 INPUTS PER SECOND with a JAX 6 frame Standing1 and D1!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If you input an armored move the exact frame that an attack hits you, you will block it. In MK9, this would cause the meter drain glitch. In MKX, the engine prioritizes block. This is not a bug. This is just how the game engine works.
Thank you based Somberness Jr.