What's new

Match Footage - Goro Goro Battle Footage

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
how bad was the lag? looked pretty aweful at stages hahaha :) nicely played though! Im still very sad you didnt go to Goro against his Shinnok though :(
That match up is horrible. A 7-3 or 8-2. I think it's worse than BS Shinnok. We played before the tournament.

Connection was fine for me.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This was a ft10 I had with Crosby87 last night, but since I do not have a capture card, I was only able to get the last few matches. This was my first time playing against a Ronin Takeda, so I was attempting to learn while fighting. Not my best performance as these were my first and only matches of the day.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Thanks for posting!

You should gently nudge your friend into playing Flame Fist if he's not going to use fireball cancels. It would help him immensely on both having windmill punch, as well as having stronger zoning (which he seems to favor).
That's actually a good idea, I'll tell him that, thanks. :) But he does want to use cancels, he just had an off day there.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I think I'll start recording some match footage, for those who are desperate for Goro footage. The quality won't be immaculate, since I'll be recording from the PC I play on, but will be watchable. I think I'll make a playlist on my YT page for all matches I record but I'll post the particularly good sets here. I may also do some commentary talking about the matches as I go and see how that goes. :)

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Hey Guys, here's a quick upload from an online KOTH, in my Goro playlist:

I'll be adding to that playlist over time so make sure to check back regularly. :)

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
New vid, this time w commentary:

To anyone actually watching these, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions in terms of my gameplay. Always happy to discuss :)

Espio

Kokomo
New vid, this time w commentary:

To anyone actually watching these, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions in terms of my gameplay. Always happy to discuss :)
This was really entertaining to watch, I really enjoy this version of Goro's chip and poking game. Watching this set was very beneficial to me in the sense of seeing someone who grasps the variation well playing someone of comparative skill especially since almost nobody plays it seriously. It's good to see a Goro player with more cognizant spatial awareness to abuse the whiff punish range of forward 3 really well.

What do you think of ex low fang for sustained pressure? Worth it or not worth the meter? I noticed you were pretty sparing on your low fang meter use and instead focused most of it on ex punchwalk and the periodic ex fang spin. I didn't see it much in the set. He also doesn't build insane meter either, maybe that's part of it.

Are you Scottish?

I was gonna say that I also like ex telestomp sometimes on people trying to jump out post blocked punchwalk, good to keep people guessing on the post blocked punchwalk meta game. His back dash isn't notably good, but he can evade people trying to down 1 or 3 him.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
This was really entertaining to watch, I really enjoy this version of Goro's chip and poking game. Watching this set was very beneficial to me in the sense of seeing someone who grasps the variation well playing someone of comparative skill especially since almost nobody plays it seriously. It's good to see a Goro player with more cognizant spatial awareness to abuse the whiff punish range of forward 3 really well.

What do you think of ex low fang for sustained pressure? Worth it or not worth the meter? I noticed you were pretty sparing on your low fang meter use and instead focused most of it on ex punchwalk and the periodic ex fang spin. I didn't see it much in the set. He also doesn't build insane meter either, maybe that's part of it.

Are you Scottish?

I was gonna say that I also like ex telestomp sometimes on people trying to jump out post blocked punchwalk, good to keep people guessing on the post blocked punchwalk meta game. His back dash isn't notably good, but he can evade people trying to down 1 or 3 him.
Thanks for the kind words man, I really appreciate it. In terms of low fang, it's something that I don't really utilise as much as I maybe should. I think the plus frames are good, but I don't tend to want to spend a bar on the frames outside of one particular situation, that I'm working on optimizing a bit better. Sometimes I'll use the ex low fang when they're at very low health, to allow me to chip out with something like f3xx ex low fang, b12xxfang spin for example. That way you get guaranteed chip for the kill or they eat the low fang and die anyway. I think I have a slightly irrational opinion of DF at this point to be honest with you. I'm just too accustomed to the extra d1 range, the greater consistency of u1/u2 and the slightly greater damage in all of his bnbs. Add in the chip potential of fang spin and I find myself having a reason to swap from DF aside from a few specific matchups.

BTW I'm not Scottish, I'm Australian. :)