What's new

Good Way to Do the 2 Dash 2 Dash 2 Dash Carry Consistently?

Shady

Noob
I can't for the life of me juggle my opponent with the 2 instead of 1,1, between dashes. I've seen people do it consistently and damn near perfect, but when I try it either the second or the 3rd hit will go into F2... Is there a trick to this or just lots and lots of practice?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I can't for the life of me juggle my opponent with the 2 instead of 1,1, between dashes. I've seen people do it consistently and damn near perfect, but when I try it either the second or the 3rd hit will go into F2... Is there a trick to this or just lots and lots of practice?
Lots of practice. F+4, forward forward (let go of movement),2 forward forward (let go of movement), 2 forward forward (let go of movement), 2 forward forward (let go of movement), 4, 4 xx nut punch. Do this over and over, back and forth across the screen in practice mode until you can do it 10 times in a row easily.

At this point you will land it maybe half of the time in a real match, just keep practicing and your muscle memory will start to do what you want them to do naturally.

Shady

Noob
Thanks man. Been working on it for like half an hour now, still drop it around the third 2. It's so inconsistent as I don't notice doing anything different with the inputs just the game decides to do one or the other :(... Well, gonna put in a few more hours into that.

I hate it too, I can do at least two 2's in practice but online I can't even do 11s. I'm too instinctive towards doing 21f2 after an f4 or b3.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
A) F4; dash; 2; dash; 2; dash; 44xxnutpunch = 32% (Easy)
B) F4; dash; 2; dash; 2; dash; 2; dash; 44xxnutpunch = 34% (Not so easy, sometimes it will miss and in a real match you don't want to miss any of your combo opportunities)

Sacrificing 2% damage isn't a big problem imho.

I cant do the dash combo's either.. I have been working on them for about an hour a day. I rely more on up-close pressure to make up for it. Im going to practice the F4, dash, 2, dash, 2, dash, 44 nutpunch. Once i'm able to get this done I will have a better punish for their mistakes.

Shady

Noob
After hours of practicing and being at the point where my thumb feels like a very useless appendage.. I just have one question? Why the fuck does Johnny need his F2... take that move out of the game!!! GRRRR!!!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Just so everyone knows, this is a lot more difficult to perform on a pad. The people that are pulling this off with great success are Stick players.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
I cant do the dash combo's either.. I have been working on them for about an hour a day. I rely more on up-close pressure to make up for it. Im going to practice the F4, dash, 2, dash, 2, dash, 44 nutpunch. Once i'm able to get this done I will have a better punish for their mistakes.
To get all three BP's in, you have to dash cancel as soon as possible after the launcher, so you hit them while their still high up. You have to dash cancel extremely quick, almost immediately after pressing BP or 2, and you have to do it cleanly, so you don't get F+2. The good thing about 2, dash, 2 is that its not so height dependent, like 2, 1 dash, 2, 1 where the 1 can miss if they're too high. I would say its rhythmic based.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
timing isn't that strict actually...and I play with tehe ps3 pad. maybe you're tryin on your xbox kontroller??

just make sure that you've already quitted pushing forward once you press 2. give it strict practice, it's very easy. might as well want to check kitana's bnb, haha.

Practice man. That's all I can tell you.

Do you play mostly online or offline? When I play online I only do the dash 11's. I don't even try to do dash 2's online anymore. I can nail them 100% of the time offline but online it turns into F2 more often than not. I'm willing to sacrifice damage for greater reliability.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
lolwut just dash, but dont press forward with 2, simple
People come here for help, not sarcastic, condescending remarks. Constructive tips minus the part where you make them sound like a scrub because they are having trouble with the juggle isn't really necessary.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I just do F4/B3, 11, dash, 11, dash, 44, nut punch for 30%. It's much easier. I, however, need a viable nut punch ender for 21F2. dash, F3 nut punch is a pain in the ass; odd timing on that one.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I just do F4/B3, 11, dash, 11, dash, 44, nut punch for 30%. It's much easier. I, however, need a viable nut punch ender for 21F2. dash, F3 nut punch is a pain in the ass; odd timing on that one.
Well I'm in the same problem as you, but if there's something that's easy, then it's 2,1,f+2, dash, f3, 2,2, en nut punch. Costs a bar, but chip damage after nutpunch may help you get it back a little. I know there's a meterless way to do it, but I can't land it since I can only recall seeing it once. It had f3 about two times, though.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Well I'm in the same problem as you, but if there's something that's easy, then it's 2,1,f+2, dash, f3, 2,2, en nut punch. Costs a bar, but chip damage after nutpunch may help you get it back a little. I know there's a meterless way to do it, but I can't land it since I can only recall seeing it once. It had f3 about two times, though.
It's just f2,1,f2 dash f3 xx nut punch. The nut punch only connects if you do a full dash before pressing f3. Two f3's is unnecessary because it over complicates the string way to much and doesn't add much extra damage.

Alright guys I just got the f3, dash, 2, dash, 2, 44, nut punch down going both ways only dropping it one out of ten times.. still having a little bit of a hard time doing the 11 though, but like someone already mentioned just practice.. thanks for the tips guys.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JrK

Probably Drunk
It's just f2,1,f2 dash f3 xx nut punch. The nut punch only connects if you do a full dash before pressing f3. Two f3's is unnecessary because it over complicates the string way to much and doesn't add much extra damage.
That was my main issue. I would always end up canceling the dash too early and missing the nut punch.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
This is what helped me for the dash 2 combos.

I went into practice, and did F4 dash 1 dash 1 dash 1 dash 44 nutpunch. This helped me get the timing of it. After about 20 min, I started doing F4 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nutpunch, and was nailing it pretty consistently in a few mintues.

When I first started doing the dash 2 combos my brain was trying to figure out how to NOT do F2 and also how to figure out the exact timing. If you master the combo using 1 instead of 2, and THEN go for the real combo, it seems waaaayyyy easier. I'm using the default xbox pad btw.

Just so everyone knows, this is a lot more difficult to perform on a pad. The people that are pulling this off with great success are Stick players.
Not me...I pull this combo off all the time online using my pad.
Just really grind it in training mode, when stuff is loading I just have a habit of practising dash dash input, dash dash input. Just make it a habit lol.

GNG Iniquity

Yeah, managed to get this down on pad, I'm sure it's easier on stick; but it's completely do able on pad.

GNG Iniquity

I can not get the 21F2 nut punch down consistently without meter. I've had to resort to just doing 21F2, dash, 44, ex nut punch; the option is there but it's just requiring meter for me at the moment. Which, is fine, since JC doesn't have much need for it generally.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I can not get the 21F2 nut punch down consistently without meter. I've had to resort to just doing 21F2, dash, 44, ex nut punch; the option is there but it's just requiring meter for me at the moment. Which, is fine, since JC doesn't have much need for it generally.
Hey man do 21F2 dash xx F3 xx nutpunch so you don't have to use any meter.

IMO it's a little trickier than the dash 2 string we were talking about, but it works.