What's new

Question Gold Scorpion skin incompatible with physical disc version of XL

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So I have had the disc version of XL since release but also decided to keep my original MKX copy from April 2015 just for reference. One thing I noticed is that the XL disc did not seem to recognize my Gold Scorpion download, even after having all the XL specific updates installed. I figured this wasn't a big deal as it's not really my favorite skin anyway and could just re-download it whenever I wanted to use it.

However, I have since tried to re-download it several times and the install keeps distributing itself to my original MKX game data, so I still can not use it with my XL disc.

If it's of any relevance, I obtained the download code from a MKX Pro Player Kit I won at a local tournament last year and I can try to give some video evidence demonstrating the issue if necessary.

Does anyone know what's going wrong and if there's any other ways to amend this?

@colt @16 Bit @tylerlansdown @NRS_JEdwards

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
They're considered separate games. That's why it has it's own spot on the PS4 dashboard and it's own trophy pack. So the code you redeemed for Gold Scorpion will only work on your MKX.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
They're considered separate games. That's why it has it's own spot on the PS4 dashboard and it's own trophy pack. So the code you redeemed for Gold Scorpion will only work on your MKX.
So for clarity's sake, there's no way whatsoever to get it to work with the disc version of XL?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No that code, no. You'd need a second code from last year that was never redeemed.

You can play your MKX disc that is updated to be XL and he should work.