What's new

Match-up Discussion GL match-up for Lobo

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
My goodness my brother infuriates me when he plays GL, I find that he can zone me out since lobo has nothing at range. And when I get in close the Lantern's Might is quicker than most of my combo starters. Can anyone give me any tips to handle the GL match-up as Lobo?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Just gotta be really damn patient try to get the timing for dashing under the rockets and when you're in you need to make it count and smother the shit out of him. Use you 21 and b12 strings well.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Punish the Lantern's Might with Low Space Hook. From there, go into Lobo's oki options. If he Lantern Mights, punish with Czar toss. If he has a tendency to sit there, Czar Toss. Be mindful of where the end of the stage is and bully him into it. Walk and duck under his projectiles, but be careful, cuz he can meter burn them for a mid attack. Jaku is correct: 2,1 works great, but make sure the 2 connects. Use 3 as anti air, buffered into a Space Hook or Hook Charge (Then oki options again). I cannot stress enough how patient you have to be in this match up.