Question - Assassin Giving Assassin a place in the game

Should Assassin Strike be an overhead

• Yes

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Its a terrible suggestion that would make her broken. I was just explaining why. You need to chill bro. Read Zoidbergs747 post to learn how balancing works. Each character has their own dirt. Kitana has hers.
Jason has so much dirt bro lol :DOGE

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Is something lacking with assassin's meterless damage? IMO the metagame of Kitana with xray is one of the more interesting aspects of mkx. F2 being an overhead is overkill IMO -- if you want overheads play mournful. Improving assassin strike would be a better approach.Give it more armor and make it a command grab ;)

gam224

The world's least hype player
Is something lacking with assassin's meterless damage? IMO the metagame of Kitana with xray is one of the more interesting aspects of mkx. F2 being an overhead is overkill IMO -- if you want overheads play mournful. Improving assassin strike would be a better approach.Give it more armor and make it a command grab ;)
Mournful's overhead is reactable

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Na there's nothing wrong with her damage in ANY variation and she definitely doesn't need any buffs in that department when the comes to this variation.

Assassin strike definitely needs more armor. Sharpen needs to be revamped. Alot of people say F2 should be an OH and if it does become one, I hope it's only an OH when sharpen is active. I don't think she needs it tbh.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Mournful's overhead is reactable
The purpose of Mournful's overhead is not to be a mixup in itself, but to force you to stand block and keep shadow kick open as a follow up option. It also has the effect of conditioning people used to ducking Kitana into stand blocking more often.

Na there's nothing wrong with her damage in ANY variation and she definitely doesn't need any buffs in that department when the comes to this variation.

Assassin strike definitely needs more armor. Sharpen needs to be revamped. Alot of people say F2 should be an OH and if it does become one, I hope it's only an OH when sharpen is active. I don't think she needs it tbh.
I agree with your suggestions, and agree that she doesn't need f2 to be an overhead. While assassin is incomplete for sure, I feel like making f2 overhead would just make her into a weird Johnny Cage clone.

gam224

The purpose of Mournful's overhead is not to be a mixup in itself, but to force you to stand block and keep shadow kick open as a follow up option. It also has the effect of conditioning people used to ducking Kitana into stand blocking more often.
Agreed but saying that you go to Mournful to get better mix ups is just false

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Does nobody here understand the concept of conditioning?

Yes, the overhead glaive in the Mournful variation is reactable, but if you didn't have that as an option, how would Kitana condition the opponent into going against the idea of blocking low which is usually how players stop Kitana from getting her damage? Having the overhead glaive means that her success rate in connecting throws and forcing you to block Shadow Kicks will increase substantially, and that goes a long way in improving her offense. And let's not forget that EX Air Glaive pops the opponent up for a combo - do you really want to get hit by that?

I abuse something similar with Ninjutsu: once the opponent becomes fully aware of the range I control, if they get too scared to do anything, it opens them up to my run-ins which allow me to start my offense.

As for the poll about the Assassin Strike being an overhead, I stand by what I said here: I'd rather improve its armor than have it be an overhead. I've recently begun experimenting with Assassin for match-ups where having Royal Storm's reflect is meaningless and I like the idea behind it, but the lack of safe set-ups for Sharpen does bother me (outside of using air fan for a hard knockdown that gives you enough time to trigger it), and I'm not sure why a move like Assassin Strike doesn't have enough armor to be used on reaction to those foolish enough to throw projectiles at a bad range.

Does nobody here understand the concept of conditioning?

Yes, the overhead glaive in the Mournful variation is reactable, but if you didn't have that as an option, how would Kitana condition the opponent into going against the idea of blocking low which is usually how players stop Kitana from getting her damage? Having the overhead glaive means that her success rate in connecting throws and forcing you to block Shadow Kicks will increase substantially, and that goes a long way in improving her offense. And let's not forget that EX Air Glaive pops the opponent up for a combo - do you really want to get hit by that?

I abuse something similar with Ninjutsu: once the opponent becomes fully aware of the range I control, if they get too scared to do anything, it opens them up to my run-ins which allow me to start my offense.

As for the poll about the Assassin Strike being an overhead, I stand by what I said here: I'd rather improve its armor than have it be an overhead. I've recently begun experimenting with Assassin for match-ups where having Royal Storm's reflect is meaningless and I like the idea behind it, but the lack of safe set-ups for Sharpen does bother me (outside of using air fan for a hard knockdown that gives you enough time to trigger it), and I'm not sure why a move like Assassin Strike doesn't have enough armor to be used on reaction to those foolish enough to throw projectiles at a bad range.
I agree ! Add another armor for the Assassin Strike is way better than making it an overhead (goros punch walk style), and yes for example I saw you playing this Kotal Kahn dude on YOMI, as a Kitana player why would I use RS?, Assassin destroys Kotals footsie game with her parry, like for real her zoning combined by her parry at mid range totally disarms Kotals best tools, Assassin Kitana must be one of Kotals worst matchups (If anyone start giving me some shitty comments on this feel free to play me on psn with your Kotals I will gladly destroy every single one of you :) )

gam224

I agree ! Add another armor for the Assassin Strike is way better than making it an overhead (goros punch walk style), and yes for example I saw you playing this Kotal Kahn dude on YOMI, as a Kitana player why would I use RS?, Assassin destroys Kotals footsie game with her parry, like for real her zoning combined by her parry at mid range totally disarms Kotals best tools, Assassin Kitana must be one of Kotals worst matchups (If anyone start giving me some shitty comments on this feel free to play me on psn with your Kotals I will gladly destroy every single one of you :) )
RS does just as well as assassin because of the extended range on fan lift. It's in kitana's favor either way

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
If they buff this variation at all I quit this game. There's literally nothing wrong with it. Ya'll need to play gr8one
Just because someone is good with a variation doesn't mean it is good. I've played a few really good hi-tech jacquis, slasher jasons, etc and those variations are awful.

There's plenty wrong with it. If you're not a Kitana player then don't comment on the matter

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
ummmm and who are you? oh thats right someone who doesnt do anything but sit online but i will happily play you offline at the next tourney tho........ ^_^
So because I play online....I'm bad. So if we go by that logic everyone who plays online is bad. Please explain this to me, maybe I'm missing something here.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
So because I play online....I'm bad. So if we go by that logic everyone who plays online is bad. Please explain this to me, maybe I'm missing something here.
no thats not what i meant cause i came from online but if you dont travel atleast or try to have a local scene then idk what to tell ya