Should Assassin Strike be an overhead

• Yes

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
F2 is very slow and doesn't have that awesome range. F22U4 is actually punishable even with or without float/fan. And F2 in mournful doesn't really does any damage
Yeah I know, but I end up using it at least 2x during a match, I just know when it feels right I guess. but its not spectacular.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I don't actually have a combo for that since i don't use that move at all...maybe i should :/
f22u4, fan, f33xxExFan, d1xxfan, ji3xxfloatxxNJP,f4xxLift, f4(any ender). Or be dirty and go f4xxSharpen. Then immediately go b3xxExFan. If you got the bawlz.

I'll just use this for an example. When i'm playing assassin against piercing I want to pull my hair out. You can literally be a dipshit and spam low sai's all day and I have no real answer to that in assassin except a properly timed ex run or to literally do jump into float to bait you to try to teleport kick. When i'm in royal storm and i use booty, I can just go over the low sai because i really don't feel taking the risk of throat slice which i believe you can punish with f+3 or a real big damage starter while booty is a bit safer if you do block it. Royal storm does that meterless while I have to spend meter in assassin and if i don't time it correctly with the armor i still get blocked.

Royal storm plays keep out a lot better which most of time is something kitana wants to do. At certain points when I know i can't outzone people i have to rush in with this variation and then again kitana's tools aren't too good for it. There's only so many times i can do 2,1/b+1,4/b+3 and ect. While parry is abusable for mashy players, it's not recommended all the time because a smart player will just low you after a while.

Assassin is viable but royal storm is just easier to win with.
My first post in this thread would probably be the best reply to this. Have you looked at frames? Do you know what staggers and baits are when in close? Kitana doesnt revolve around keep out, that's just what everyone loves to do.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
My first post in this thread would probably be the best reply to this. Have you looked at frames? Do you know what staggers and baits are when in close? Kitana doesnt revolve around keep out, that's just what everyone loves to do.
Kitana, A ZONER, doesn't revolve around keep out. Lmao I'm done. You've shown enough. Worry about the character on your avatar

Kitana, A ZONER, doesn't revolve around keep out. Lmao I'm done. You've shown enough. Worry about the character on your avatar
Because she has zoning capabilities, she's strictly a zoner? Hmm... I see why you're having trouble and asking for more buffs

Please point out in this thread where I asked for buffs lol.

You're the one losing to Assassin as Piercing Mileena, a MU you CLEARLY dominate in. Who needs the help?

Again...lol
Because I mention one of my team members is very good with the variation suddenly I'm losing to Assassin and need help? Could just be the fact that you don't understand the meta of assassin and just stick to Royal Storm. No shame in that I suppose... ...

Just give her less frames on the activation of the parry and the buff and assassin's place in this game will be much better. Assassin ON PAPER, should be BETTER than Royal Storm but when applied in an actual match, it isn't the most practical of variations to use for certain matchups.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Because I mention one of my team members is very good with the variation suddenly I'm losing to Assassin and need help? Could just be the fact that you don't understand the meta of assassin and just stick to Royal Storm. No shame in that I suppose... ...
What is this meta of Assassin that isn't present in Royal storm? From my personal experience playing Kitana since day one has that Assassin does not have the anti zoning, mobility, and corner carry that square wave provides as well as lacking full-screen unbreakable that royal storm ex air lift provides and I think reflect speaks for it's self. You give up all of that for a decent parry, and about 2-3% extra damage on hard knockdown combos. As it stands there is no reason to use sharpen in it's current state. It would be much appreciated if you could explain this to me.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
ok piercing does NOT beat assassin. the MU is 5-5 or slightly in kits favor. and before you say who have i played. salt plays every variation of mil so i kinda know how assassin does
You know what, i have respect for your opinion. I'd like to know why because i've even had other mileena players on here tell me piercing beats assassin by 6-4. I'd like you to go into detail and strats on how because clearly a lot of kitana players are doing something wrong.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Why should Kitana have an overhead launcher? You guys are ridiculous. I'm a Kitana main and I think she's fine...She dominates the neutral in many matchups... giving her an overhead launcher could possibly make her the best char in the game.

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
You know what, i have respect for your opinion. I'd like to know why because i've even had other mileena players on here tell me piercing beats assassin by 6-4. I'd like you to go into detail and strats on how because clearly a lot of kitana players are doing something wrong.
well for one instance from what ive doing and what frustrates mileenas is limiting options to only throw sais. the threat of the low sai makes this MU more in mil's favor. but ex Assassin Run and parry give mileena hella trouble. IMO the MU at highest level is more neutral cause they both have options to limit the others go to's

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
well for one instance from what ive doing and what frustrates mileenas is limiting options to only throw sais. the threat of the low sai makes this MU more in mil's favor. but ex Assassin Run and parry give mileena hella trouble. IMO the MU at highest level is more neutral cause they both have options to limit the others go to's
Force mileena to throw low sai and tk fan to evade them, when they think you're gonna do tk fan do tk float to bait the teleport kick and full combo punish. During mid screen for bad low sai throws i can use ex run and during wakeup i can scare her with parry. Try being out of range for roll to make her not instantly punish a fan toss. @xKhaoTik does this sound right??

Is that how mu is suppose to be played? because if it is, i've been doing that lol

Why should all the other characters have them (even the ones with good zoning too) but Kitana cant have one?
Kenshi? And before you say kenjutsu df1, remember mournful has OH air glaive which is 0 on block and launches and her very fast startup xray in all variations which we all know kitana doesn't suffer in the meter build dept.

gam224

Kenshi? And before you say kenjutsu df1, remember mournful has OH air glaive which is 0 on block and launches and her very fast startup xray in all variations which we all know kitana doesn't suffer in the meter build dept.
Mb glave is 24 frames and so is back 2 both are reactable. X-Ray does create a true 50/50 but it's only 35% for all your meter

Mb glave is 24 frames and so is back 2 both are reactable. X-Ray does create a true 50/50 but it's only 35% for all your meter
Kitana does not need a true 5050 for her damage. She does a lot of chip, meter build, and lots of safe strings especially mournful with phantom frames all over the place with threat of fans/glaives. I think it's about time some of the top tiers get nerfed or the very bottom tiers get very good buffs. Kitana is right in the middle, or maybe a bit more on the top side when it comes to tiers so far and is a reasonable character.

gam224

Kitana does not need a true 5050 for her damage. She does a lot of chip, meter build, and lots of safe strings especially mournful with phantom frames all over the place with threat of fans/glaives. I think it's about time some of the top tiers get nerfed or the very bottom tiers get very good buffs. Kitana is right in the middle, or maybe a bit more on the top side when it comes to tiers so far and is a reasonable character.
I disagree. Match ups where kitana gets out zoned(HQT predator) are a nightmare. I think if forward 2 becomes an overhead she will be bs shinnok all over again but my solution fixes the lack of reason to pick assassin as well as giving her a fighting chance in those match ups. Her mix up is pretty pitiful since her only mix ups are throw mix ups. The only characters I can think of who have it worse than her in that category are balanced kenshi and cybernetic Kano and both those characters have variations that let them go on the offense. Kitana has no such variation.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Piercing can easily B12 into B12 into B12 to frame trap Kitana due to her fastest normal being 8 frame. Like any other character Kitana can poke out of it with d1 and TRADE with Mileena. However unlike other d1s, her d1 gives her whooping +3 on hit. Everyone else lose the damage trade with Mileena B1 (5% vs 2% d1) just for some frame advantage but Kitana loses everything. Kitana d3, b4 and d4 can't low profile Parry, back dash, armor aren't the answer they're all unsafe