What's new

Give one character one extra special move

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Classic Sub-Zero - Snowball that works like Reptile's Slow Forceball. When it hits it won't freeze, only disable jumping for a few seconds on his opponent. This will help to setup his Ground Freeze.

Stryker - Add another move to the Baton Trip that juggles on hit. But make it so he is wide open if it is blocked or whiffs. Perhaps use the Baton Trip (with popup move also) as a dial-combo ender, but when it's used in this fashion, he is able to block any retaliation. Something like LK,HK,HP,fb+LP,df+LP and it causes DP.

Sektor - Have him call an Air Strike from his Tekunin Clan that sends Missiles down from the top of the screen, he can use Cyrax's Self-Destruct Fatality animation for this.

Also give the ability to detonate his Homing Missiles by doing Run,Run,HP to detonate first Missile or Run,Run,LP to detonate second Missile. That way you can detonate either Missile on screen depending on your opponent's location. This would also use one cycle of the Cyrax Self-Destruct Fatality animation.

Cyrax - Lower the recovery time on his Net so he doesn't get owned so badly. Make the Bombs detonate a few frames sooner to make them more effective. Make his Air Throw have Robot Smoke's range so he can throw people who have a jump kick out if it is timed correctly.

That's all I can think of right now.

DARXYD3 said:
I'd give Human Smoke a slide.
That would be deadly. I'd like to see a slide, invis, or a telecut. But I guess this would make hsmoke too powerful. He's my favorite character though, so the more power the better I guess :)

Or how bout giving a Cyrax a remote mine? Like the bombs that come out except this one doesn't explode unless you press a specfic button(s). This way he can setup some combos a little better. I used to love Cyrax, however playing a quick and skilled player it's hard to get one of those bombs to detonate under someone.

Here's a deadly Cyrax combo I've only ONCE been able to pulloff in a real game against someone (a noob)

(player across the screen) far bomb, close bomb, backup and close bomb, uppercut, hits the close bomb you just threw, uppercut. This is like 70+ combo.

With a remote bomb replacing the first far bomb, this combo MIGHT actually be possible in a game with a decent player.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Ha ha, lots of ninja recycling going on. Personally I'd wanna stay away from that except for Scorpion, because he really deserves to have a bone thrown his way. A Reptile teleport would be ridiculous... imagine aaRH, teleport punch, HP, forceball, infinite!

But as stated many times before, Scorp should get his front teleport move, and I'd also like to see some sort of moves that incorporate the "clone" concept from his Fatality. Maybe a variation of the TP, where a clone does the punch from behind and knocks the opponent towards the real scorpion. Another good move would be to take that MKT "Hand From Hell" fatality from MKT and just make it a special move. Maybe two versions of that... a hand that acts as a containment, or a column of flame that just hits and does damage.

Agreed on some of the earlier Cyrax comments. His air throw needs some love; I hate how you can scout a jump with it and still get easily snuffed out by the jumpkick. Also it would be cool to take Konqrr's ideas for Sektor's homing missiles and apply that to Cyrax grenades. Have the grenade just sit there until you detonate it manually at a convenient time. Maybe there would have to be a max time limit on that, because I figure it could get rather broken otherwise, but that limit should at least be longer than the current detonation time. EDIT: lol, by the time I posted this, ipushmycar had posted exactly the same idea... nice :lol:

dreemernj

Ambassador
BustaUppa said:
...Maybe a variation of the TP, where a clone does the punch from behind and knocks the opponent towards the real scorpion.
I was thinking of the exact same thing, lol

kazlaz said:
he doesnt even got the move and your even figuring that shit out lol
Just a thought :D I read abc's post and then I kinda saw the combo go off in my head. And I was just thinking about it today that that wouldn't work since the TP would lock up =/ Cool idea though!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
BustaUppa said:
Scorpion - Maybe a variation of the TP, where a clone does the punch from behind and knocks the opponent towards the real scorpion.
That is a wonderful idea! He could use Ermac's TKS animation and if the clone is blocked he stays in it a few frames longer to allow some sort of punishment, but safe from fullscreen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, but this would be like a teleport punch sending them flailing (grounded) to you so you could pressure with runjabs or if they are in the air they would come to you creating combo opportunities.

Same idea, but different properties.