What's new

GGA PPJ wins GBS Season 1 Week 3

Another great tournament ended at GGA last night. After the dust settled, PPJ's D'vorah would end up winning. Here are the results:

1st: @GGA pimpimjim: Ferra/Torr and Swarm Queen D'vorah.
PPJ's Ferra Torr was sent into losers by N1k0lasss' Ermac late into the tournament, but PPJ reset N1kolasss and ended up beating him in both sets with his amazing D'vorah.

2nd: @N1k0lasss : Master of Souls Ermac.
He is our perennial top 3 placer and actual has the most seeding points out of anyone playing in GBS. Look out for this dude.

3rd: @GGA Dizzy Bojitsu Kung Jin.
Many people have called out him not playing Johnny Cage meaning that Johnny Cage is bad, but Dizzy actually has used a different character each week. It will be interesting to see who he uses next week.

4th: GGA Jeremiah Brawler Cassie.
So far he has tried every variation of Cassie so far. So I guess we will see what he sticks with. He was heard talking about actually training for next week, so we will see if that actually happens.

Tied for 5th: soonk and RM Devil. The first top 8 for RM Devil's Takeda. We will see if he can keep it going next week.

Tied for 7th: @GGA Max and @Grawlix . This is the 2nd top 8 in a row for both of these players. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Check out the archive if you want.
http://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/b/654984315

We will be posting youtube links soon for individual fights.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
4th: GGA Jeremiah Brawler Cassie.
So far he has tried every variation of Cassie so far. So I guess we will see what he sticks with. He was heard talking about actually training for next week, so we will see if that actually happens.
I see you graduated from the @AK Smarrgasm school of writing about yourself in the third person.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well I think spec ops is definitely better against Sub-Zero for sure and who knows what else. Don't worry boss, I'll hit the lab and see if I can come up with anything with Brawler. I think there is hope.
It's not bad, just Hollywood and Spec Ops are better. There's the ji4~grab combos and the mixup with f3~bf3 and f33. bf3 also beats every non-armoured wakeup clean. Her corner damage is still really good in brawler, just not as easy to land as in Hollywood. I was looking for tic throw setups but her command grab is a bit lackluster. If they made it a true command grab she'd be much more of a threat in that variation.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Well I think spec ops is definitely better against Sub-Zero for sure and who knows what else. Don't worry boss, I'll hit the lab and see if I can come up with anything with Brawler. I think there is hope.
In all seriousness, I respect you for attempting to make the least used variation work. Good luck man.
It's not bad, just Hollywood and Spec Ops are better. There's the ji4~grab combos and the mixup with f3~bf3 and f33. bf3 also beats every non-armoured wakeup clean. Her corner damage is still really good in brawler, just not as easy to land as in Hollywood. I was looking for tic throw setups but her command grab is a bit lackluster. If they made it a true command grab she'd be much more of a threat in that variation.

Has anyone found updated combos and setups for Spec Ops yet, or are we still at the same place we were a week ago?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
In all seriousness, I respect you for attempting to make the least used variation work. Good luck man.

Has anyone found updated combos and setups for Spec Ops yet, or are we still at the same place we were a week ago?
There are updated ones that do more damage posted in the combo thread, but I haven't been able to update them yet. Will do it later today. It's like a 4% damage increase iirc. Still basically the same setup though haha.

In terms of stuffing armour f3~db2 and d+f1~db2 (cancelled after first hit) break heaps of wakeup with two quick hits.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I wanna see more from @N1k0lasss. I watched the archive and the commentators immediately turned him into the underdog. Certainly some of the best Ermac play I've seen thus far. You do my MK9 main proud, sir.