What's new

GGA Max Wins GBS S2, Week 5 - 3 Week Streak!

When will Max's reign of terror end? Shinnok (Paulo pls) has won 3 weeks in a row. Now I could be reasonable and think that @GGA N1k0lasss & @GGA Dizzy are doing the post evo try new character thing and it is totally fine that @GGA Max is winning so much... but I'm not going to. I place the blame firmly on Shinnok's up fireball. Oh and I also want to congratulate @GGA Fill Pops on his best tournament ever with 2nd place! Fill has gone all the way from jobber (early in season 1) to a high card! Keep up the good work and stay thirsty Fill.

Without further ado, here are the Top 8 from last night's GBS:
1st place - GGA Max, Brainless Shinnok. 6 pts.
2nd place - GGA Fill Pops, Blood God Kotal Kahn. 5 pts.
3rd place - @GGA pimpimjim Machete Jason, Reptile, Cut throat Kano. 4 pts.
4th place - @D-Que Beats Military stance Sonya. 3 pts. D-Que again has never beaten "The Great Fill Pops" in MKX. I gave D-Que the very strange idea to maybe learn the matchup. D-Que declined and decided to instead do "more online training." I wish him the best of luck.
5th place - GGA Dizzy, Hollywood Cassie. 2 pts. Keep up the good work on the new Cassie. I look forward to us leveling up together with her, a sort of a 3 way learning experience.
5th place - GGA N1k0lasss. Some kind of Reptile and Crystalline Tremor and Mystic Ermac. 2 pts.
7th place - @Jeffrey Wolf. Tremor. Congrats on another top 8. Keep up your 100% top 8 rate. 1pt.
7th place - GGA Jeremiah

This marks the halfway point for season 2. Next week I will post all the standings and the grind to get into the invitational tournament will start to heat up. Youtube videos coming soon!

Attachments

Last edited:
Damn right, I like how the OP makes no mention of this!!
Great stuff as always! Also, you can actually vortex Reptile and Tremor with Impostor. With Reptile you have to use combos with MB 1st spark and then move a bit under the falling opponent (I usually do a short run cancel) and do the acid ball so Reptile falls right on it. If you have no meter it is great to backdash after the Mimicry then do the acid ball and run in for the mix up (you will still have time because the acid ball will hit while reptile is in mimicry blockstun).With Tremor you just have to use the either db1u or db1d to combo back into Mimicry.

Reactions: SPY

GGA Max

Great stuff as always! Also, you can actually vortex Reptile and Tremor with Impostor. With Reptile you have to use combos with MB 1st spark and then move a bit under the falling opponent (I usually do a short run cancel) and do the acid ball so Reptile falls right on it. If you have no meter it is great to backdash after the Mimicry then do the acid ball and run in for the mix up (you will still have time because the acid ball will hit while reptile is in mimicry blockstun).With Tremor you just have to use the either db1u or db1d to combo back into Mimicry.
Nice, I had no idea. I'll look into these.