What's new

GET IT IN OHIO 2017 RESULTS + Stream Links!

What a great time! This year's event was an absolute blast. We had a 2 day event as opposed to 1 day last year, which led to 4 tournaments total as opposed to 1. AND we had two nights of casuals at @McLOV1NS place! Coolest MK man cave in the world IMO.

We were fortunate to have a great venue/arcade owner, Jesse over at Arcade Legacy allow us to use his equipment and venue - the most important piece was undoubtedly the UMK3 machine WITH adapters for pad hook up! We initially ran into a few issues that forced a few matches to be streamed via MAME, but that's what backups are for! We resolved the issue (incorrect buttons being pressed at times prior to calibration, and any kind of jarring of adapters would cause the pads to "default" back to non-calibrated values.

As my second time as TO for this event, it was every bit as stressful as last year, but the turnout, the competition, and the comraderie made it more than worth it! It was great to meet some new people and see some returning faces from last year. I'd like all of you guys that participated, or maybe even watched on stream to share your accounts from the weekend in this thread!
We had 17 this year, up from 13 last year - the MKT event had 11!

I'll be working this week to get the videos uploaded to youtube (or work with someone who will do it, not sure yet), in the mean time you can catch the past broadcast from the weekend at http://www.twitch.tv/arcadelegacy

We also got to meet Coury from "My Life In Gaming" on youtube - he's documenting different fighting game "scenes" in the area, and when he found out about the tournament he wanted to come down. Pretty awesome!

And of course, a big thanks here to @MRIGOTBASS and @YourMKArcadeSource for their generous contributions to the prize fund. And also @9.95 for the championship trophy, and @UndefinedRican for his steel-crafted MK dragon for 2nd place! The prize breakdown was $800 to first, $111 for 2nd, $59 for 3rd.

FINAL RESULTS:

Main Event, UMK3, 1v1 - 3 out of 5, WF/LF/GF 4 out of 7.
1. @NoDoubt
2. @Spic Unit
3. @McLOV1NS
4. @DemoniChris
5. @tehdrewsus
5. @Ziggy
7. @Dank_Sinatra
7. ToneCapone (local player, did great for his first big offline event)
9. @dubson
9. @ddy_08
9. @killa corona
9. Magister
13. sparklelord (local player, very good player and I hope to see more of him in the future)
13. Clarence FTW (@Spic Unit get this dude on here)
13. Derek Legend (another local player, not a big MK guy but excellent SF player I believe)
13. @UndefinedRican
17. Troll
Check out the challonge bracket for the full event breakdown: http://challonge.com/GIIO2017

2v2 Teams UMK3 - $46 to winners, $24 to 2nd place - 2 out of 3, WF/LF/GF 3 out of 5
1. @ddy_08 and @dubson
2. @tehdrewsus and @Dank_Sinatra (forced reset)
3. @McLOV1NS and @DemoniChris
4. @NoDoubt and @Spic Unit
5. Magister and @killa corona
5. @UndefinedRican and @Ziggy
7. Clarence FTW x2 (someone had to leave early leaving Clarence without a partner, he played on his own)
Challonge bracket: http://challonge.com/giio20172v2

N64 MK Trilogy - $35 to winner, $20 to 2nd - 2 out of 3 throughout
1. @NoDoubt
2. @Spic Unit
3. @DemoniChris
4. @Ziggy
5. @McLOV1NS
5. @ddy_08
7. @tehdrewsus
7. @dubson
9. Clarence FTW
9. @UndefinedRican
9. @killa corona
Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/giio2017mkt

UMK3 1v1 random select - $20 to winner, $10 to 2nd - 2 out of 3 Round Robin
1. @ddy_08
2. @NoDoubt
3. @DemoniChris
4. @dubson
5. @Spic Unit
6. Clarence FTW
Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/umk3randomgiio/standings

On a personal note, I'm VERY glad for everyone who made it out, everyone who tweeted it/shared it on facebook (@Shock, Tim Static, RvA) that didn't have to. I think our viewership was down a bit because this event was basically ignored here on TYM. Last year we got a feature and front page. This year it didn't even get tweeted out from TYM, from my understanding (just going on what I'm told, I don't have twitter). This site's foundation was built on 2D MK - you can even look at the TYM logo and see - Ninja Uppercut, teleport punch, Kabal victory pose - ALL from UMK3. I don't know the politics of this place and don't care to; was just a bit disappointed.

Missed some familiar faces from last year, sorry they couldn't make it - @YourMKArcadeSource @Trukuu777 @Juggs @Drakonian and some of their buddies that came along. Look forward to seeing you guys at the next event!

It was great meeting some new faces and seeing some familiar ones - the MK community can be VERY divisive at times, but let me tell you - when friends come together to play MK, there's no getting in the middle of that. Some people think 2D MK is dead or at least dying. to paraphrase @McLOV1NS - "Yeah let's see if MK9 or MKX are being played almost a quarter century later". Can't say it much better than that.

TWB GIIO2018

Add your weekend stories guys! Also tagging those below from the original event thread:

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@STORMS
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I think our viewership was down a bit because this event was basically ignored here on TYM. Last year we got a feature and front page. This year it didn't even get tweeted out from TYM, from my understanding (just going on what I'm told, I don't have twitter). This site's foundation was built on 2D MK - you can even look at the TYM logo and see - Ninja Uppercut, teleport punch, Kabal victory pose - ALL from UMK3. I don't know the politics of this place and don't care to; was just a bit disappointed.
I am VERY sorry to say this, but it is the truth: you can thank some of the "biggest" UMK3 players for that. This is not news to me or anybody, the game got forgotten and dismissed because people didn't want to adapt and truly enjoy the game. Some people went on a crusade to give UMK3 a bad name and reputation, some others went on this crazy (and not good crazy) idea of a hack to allegedly breathe new life into the game. And for what? for nothing. If the original game is almost dead, that T.E. is even more dead. A rotting corpse.

I personally thank you, @tehdrewsus, for your hard work and dedication, even on this time. Of course thanks to anybody who made it happen in one way or another. But let's be honest, there's no love for the game anymore on TYM. Don't let that discourage you, just keep doing what you're doing, if you truly love the game, play it and make more people play it. To the ones who left it for dead, gave it a bad name or just ignored it just because you couldn't win as much as before, it's your loss, not ours.

It was great meeting some new faces and seeing some familiar ones - the MK community can be VERY divisive at times, but let me tell you - when friends come together to play MK, there's no getting in the middle of that. Some people think 2D MK is dead or at least dying. to paraphrase @McLOV1NS - "Yeah let's see if MK9 or MKX are being played almost a quarter century later". Can't say it much better than that.
Well said! just look at my status ;)

MRIGOTBASS

, the game got forgotten and dismissed because people didn't want to adapt and truly enjoy the game. Some people went on a crusade to give UMK3 a bad name and reputation, some others went on this crazy (and not good crazy) idea of a hack to allegedly breathe new life into the game.
My bad for causing T.E., I have always felt bad for causing TE. My bad for bringing glitch jabs to USA offline events, how the hell would I have know this would have ruined the game for all the old people. I apologize and hope people will forgive me.

The very people who was supposed to be in charge of keeping the game alive, not only let it die, but demonized the game at every chance they could to any new players to push their agenda.

No Disrespect indended but there is no valid reason for me to be on this site any longer, TWNB TYM.

Its been real.

The UMK3 Ledgend
Mr Base

Awesome! If someone can convert the twitch stream to YT, I would be very happy!
Here are the links to the tournaments and casuals from Get it in Ohio! The time frames for each video are in each video's description.

Part 1:
(casuals and UMK3 1v1 tournament)

Part 2:
(tournament through losers' finals)

Part 3:
(losers finals through grand finals, casuals, 2v2 start)

Part 4:
(MKT Casuals, MKT Tourney, UMK3 random select tourney

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@STORMS
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

Awesome! If someone can convert the twitch stream to YT, I would be very happy!

NinjaGrinder

My bad for causing T.E., I have always felt bad for causing TE. My bad for bringing glitch jabs to USA offline events, how the hell would I have know this would have ruined the game for all the old people. I apologize and hope people will forgive me.

The very people who was supposed to be in charge of keeping the game alive, not only let it die, but demonized the game at every chance they could to any new players to push their agenda.

No Disrespect indended but there is no valid reason for me to be on this site any longer, TWNB TYM.

Its been real.

The UMK3 Ledgend
Mr Base
C'mon, enough trolling. I was being serious. You didn't cause anything. You were trolling then, same as you are trolling now. You didn't ruin the game. The biggest tournament pwnage was work of Marvirrasta, not you. You just got creepy and obsessed with some people, as some others became obsssed with you. But you are right, in part. The so-called loyal players and supporters were the only ones who ruined it. Then the hack came in, as a response, with the excuse of "balancing" or tweaking the game, but it became a whimsy escape from reality. I truly admire people who kept playing the original in the USA.

The game has never enjoyed much popularity to begin with and it's kind of ironic, how things turned out. Oh well

dubson

Noob
Shame they wouldn't front page the tournament or support it more. As said, these new games wouldn't be around for the older games and UMK3 really is the Street FIghter 3: Third Strike of Klassic MK.

What a great tournament and weekend for MK. I just want to thank everyone again for coming out and their parts in helping make this happen.

Thank you @tehdrewsus for everything you did in making this happen. I know you put in a lot of work and time and you're a busy man.

Thank you to @MRIGOTBASS for your kontribution and helping keep my favorite game alive. You're a huge reason that the game is alive and thriving today and always will continue to stay alive.

Thank you @YourMKArcadeSource for your kontribution and support as well. Wish you could have made it out this year bro.

Thank you to everyone at Arcade Legacy for their continuing to support Klassic MK. This couldn't have happened without your support and I can't thank you enough. You have no idea how much it means to us.

Thank you to my good friend @McLOV1NS for his continued hospitality and support for Mortal Kombat and his help in making this event happen and continue to happen. Major congratulations on your third place in the main event and great play over the weekend.

Major props to @tehdrewsus and @Dank_Sinatra for beating me in tournament play. I cannot say enough about @tehdrewsus play this weekend. Drew has displayed that he is a name to be known in UMK3 after this weekend with some legendary victories, including his victory over me in the main event and his victory over @NoDoubt and @Spic Unit in Teams tournament play, just to name a couple of his highlights. Major props to @Dank_Sinatra for beating me in tournament play. It would have been nice if you could have spent more time with playing some casuals and other tournaments but I'm just happy you came at all. Great to finally play you offline and hope to see you more in future offline events.

This tournament really was stacked full of killers. Wish @Juggs could have made it. Doesn't feel the same without him there. Even if he would have came and went 0-2, Tyler is one of the greatest UMK3 players I have ever played and nothing will ever take away from that. I just hope he continues to love UMK3 like UMK3 loves him.

Props to my partner @ddy_08 for winning the Random Select Tourney, his and I winning the teams tournament, and great casuals over the weekend. Major Congratulations to @DemoniChris for coming and supporting UMK3, great casuals and his placing 4th place in his first offline tournament. I think everyone was really surprised by how strong Chris is. This guy is a top player and one of the strongest in the game, for sure. I don't know if Chris knew how good he is at UMK3, but I think he does now. I just hope he continues to love UMK3 like UMK3 loves him.

Major congrats to the homie's @NoDoubt and @Spic Unit on their gold and silver placings respectively. Major GG's to them in the games I did get to play with them, as well. I played some UMK3 with Arion and some MKT with John, and GG's in those as always. The weekend just keeps needing to get longer and longer every year. Next year, myself and the Omaha players want to spend more time playing casuals with you guys. You continue to prove you're two of the strongest in the scene.

@NoDoubt continues to prove he is the American Champion of UMK3, and major congratulations to him for that. Also, major congratulations to him for becoming the American Champion of MKT. MKT is really growing in USA with the UMK3 players. We all really like it, as it is basically a nice change of pace from UMK3. It's nice to have both. We played it a lot more this year, and I believe it's popularity is going to reach the same as or close to UMK3. We will continue to support it with and in UMK3 events.

^ You hear that, @Trukuu777 ? Wish you could have made it, homie. MKT was even bigger this year. I believe it will only get more popular, so I hope you can make it out next year. I know you really love MKT.

Great Games and Major props to @Spic Unit for beating me in the MKT tournament and @NoDoubt for beating me in the Random Select Tournament. You both displayed your Klassic MK versatility in great fasion.

Awesome meeting Mason/Clarence FTW. Very strong player and even stronger after this weekend. I hope he becomes a bigger part of the kommunity and comes next year (and years to come).

Great to finally meet Magister and @killa corona offline. GG's to magister and I hope you guys continue to come as well. @killa corona hope to get some casuals in with you next time, homie.

Great to finally meet my good friend @UndefinedRican offline. Dude has one of the best Kung Lao's in the scene and major props on how well you did this weekend in your first offline tournament. We played some great casuals and you're an extremely strong player that I'm happy to have as apart of the kommunity. Great to see my homie @Ziggy as always, and major props on how well you did this weekend all things considered (Arcade Stick/controller options in some matches and not getting to play much up until the tournament) in both the Main Event and in MKT. Hope to see you soon homie (we talked about getting some MK players together soon).

Major props and Thanks to the local Ohio players who came out and supported UMK3: ToneCapone, sparklelord, Troll, and Derek Legend. All great players with great potential that I hope continue to support UMK3. You guys are all great players and I hope to get to play with you guys more next time in casuals. Hopefully Darius can make it next year, too.

Huge Thanks to @Shock and @Tim_Static for their support. Hope you guys can make it next year, old friends. Hope @Drakonian can make it next year too. Was hoping to see and clear the air with you in person. Also, the tournament/weekend didn't feel the same without you there either. Huge Thanks to my old friend and huge MK Supporter @9.95 for making the trophy and having the tournament feel as official as possible. I hope all is well with you old friend, and that you can have more time for MK in the future (and make it out to Ohio some time).

I'm thinking about getting a mini tournament together for a weekend in Omaha/KC or somewhere close in the Summer or sometime soon. Will keep the kommunity updated.

@ddy_08
@DemoniChris
@nwo
@UndefinedRican
@YourMKArcadeSource

Otherwise, thanks again and props again to everyone! As always, count me, @ddy_08 and @DemoniChris in for next year (and every year). I'll do everything I can to help make this a yearly event. I think the players will too. It's not about the money for me (or a lot of us), but the pride of UMK3.

Also, count on me commentating more next time guys. I'm very sorry I didn't get to as much this time and I know that disappointed some people. I was so busy chilling/playing with everyone, but next time I will make it a priority that I commentate more (especially on the main event).

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
Major Props to @MRIGOTBASS for introducing glitch jabs to the American Scene. He deserves his props for his part in taking this game to the next level in the USA. Marv did not use them in the same way as Bass, nor did he introduce them to the American tournament scene like Bass. Like him or hate him, I'm just keepin it real.

I understand why people would believe they shouldn't be in the game, but it's wrong to blackball the originals. They are a core part of the game, and have been since literally the beginning (MK1).

C'mon, enough trolling. I was being serious. You didn't cause anything. You were trolling then, same as you are trolling now. You didn't ruin the game. The biggest tournament pwnage was work of Marvirrasta, not you. You just got creepy and obsessed with some people, as some others became obsssed with you. But you are right, in part. The so-called loyal players and supporters were the only ones who ruined it. Then the hack came in, as a response, with the excuse of "balancing" or tweaking the game, but it became a whimsy escape from reality. I truly admire people who kept playing the original in the USA.

The game has never enjoyed much popularity to begin with and it's kind of ironic, how things turned out. Oh well

MRIGOTBASS

Marvinrasta came 6 months after me to a tournament an afterthought, I was the first to bring the GJs to the offline scene, Like it or not Ninjagrindor you cannot rewrite history. The Defense Jabs section of @Shock 's guidebook was expressively written about me, and originally was titled How to beat MRIGOTBASS and was sent to @Tim Static the week before Bar Battles as a guide how to beat me, because he accidently posted shocks PM on a thread on ultimateMK. Again this is 6 months before Marv even went to an event.

All this shit is documented like 10 years ago man.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/how-glitch-jabs-affect-umk3.2113/

" We first saw this at an offline tournament at Summer Jam. MIGB abused this tactic through the whole tournament, and managed to win as well."

Anyhow I also clearly remember how much shit u used to talk too until i smacked the dogshit out of you on XBL with my cousin Sans and then and only then you started to behave yourself partner. I was shocked how garbage of a player you was esp for playing the game like 10+ years more than me.

None of the above is trolling its all factual history.

Again my bad on TE.

The Great Base.

MRIGOTBASS

Major Props to @MRIGOTBASS for introducing glitch jabs to the American Scene. He deserves his props for his part in taking this game to the next level in the USA. Marv did not use them in the same way as Bass, nor did he introduce them to the American tournament scene like Bass. Like him or hate him, I'm just keepin it real.

I understand why people would believe they shouldn't be in the game, but it's wrong to blackball the originals. They are a core part of the game, and have been since literally the beginning (MK1).
Thank you, and thank you for going to GIIO and supporting UMK3. No matter how good of a player anyone is, those with enough balls to actually show up offline and play are the real players in my book. People who sit on websites and chat rooms and talk theories and how they would beat everyone offline I cant stand. You have my respect for driving that distance to play a video game and not sitting behind a computer screen and keyboard like a majority of others.

Mr Base.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Gonna try and watch some of the matches tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't make it, just too much going on and I also haven't even played UMK3 this year. Seems like it was a great tournament, and more entrants than last year. I'll definitely make it out to the next one.

MKK hanzo

Damn I wish I could go. Well now I am living in Colombia so my chances are greater for next year. Be prepared and TRAIN HARD everyone! ;)

Edit: Just reading about GJabs and Bass, I dont want to derail the thread, but if ppl were losing (and were RETIRED) to how Bass use GJabs then those ppl werent up to the challenge.

Without offense but Bass DONT know how to use Gjabs, not at Marvs level at least. Put them both to play and tell me who would win. Spoiler: Marv will.

Again, NO OFFENSE against Bass playstyle wich consists of PATIENCE AND FRUSTRATE YOUR FOE to make mistakes. Only noobs fall for that and if "top players" lose to that, they are not top players.

Offline again. Online in this game is garbage in all its ports ad emulation so it is NOT an accurate way to gauge skill levels.

PROPS NODOUBT AND SPIC UNIT ON THEIR PLACINGS!!

Last edited:

NinjaGrinder

@MRIGOTBASS I never said Marvin introduced glitchjabs. Please put a little more effort in your reading, sir. Or perhaps it's the language barrier?

I said, and I will say it again in different words: don't give yourself that much credit. I don't realy care who showed glitchjabs for the first time offline. Who cares?
You didn't ruin anything. You did nothing. Not even Marvin ruined the game. It was the "loyal supporters" of the game who ruined with their sore losers attitude. They couldn't stand losing to you or Marvin or anyone who used the tactic. They couldn't adapt, enjoy the game as it was, and deciced to bash it. And then some others thought it was a good idea to create a hack version without GJs and some other bullshit, they even dared to put some MK9 ideas into the game (WHY???).

They abandoned the original game in favor of a hack and in the end, they are not even supporting that either! It will always be that: just a hack. Play the original or GTFO.

And speaking of the original, don't talk about online LMAO. I can't believe you had to bring that up just to "make a point". I'm garbage, who cares? online IS garbage. YOU care.

So, to wrap it up, I'm not trying to rewrite history, I was there too (read it all on the website). But stop with that "T.E. was created because of me", that's silly. And if I somehow stopped talking shit to you, it was because you became irrelevant, not because you beat me online HAHAHA please dude, no one cares you beat NinjaGrinder online.

I remember I had to block you from my YT channel because, as obsessed as you were, you started commenting on random videos just to troll. Really annoying and childish, as always.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Speaking of TE: what if that hack had been more faithful to UMK3's design? as in, GJ were still in and not as many changes were done?
Would it have been more accepted than what ultimately became of UMK3 TE?

NinjaGrinder

We will never know... as for me, in my country we still play on a cabinet, and some times on mame or 360 ir we want to get a higher quality footage. We don't really care about a hack, at the end it turned into almost a mugen version of the game, just adding stuff becase they could. MK2 T.E. was a better effort, not trying to turn the game into something else. Anyhow, staying on topic, I just like the fact some people managed to get together and play the game for a tournament and had fun. I'm glad for them, and I'm glad for the game. It deserves much more than 1-2 tournaments a year, but it's something.

NSR

Sorry for going off topic, I was merely curious.
What you said about MK2 TE seems to be the overall reception of both hacks. UMK2 TE was liked by most people while UMK3 TE had a very divisive reception.

Back on topic, I'm happy to see UMK3 still being played after all these years, you guys rock!

Can we just celebrate the fact that there are players who care about the original version, who care about playing a game that is almost a quarter century old, and we can get almost 20 players together once a year and prove the original is still an amazing game?

Because this site and its core sure as F does not.

Guess what? Glitch jabs and glitch jabbers didn't win in Ohio. Heck we had TWO Cincinnati players @McLOV1NS and myself finish top 5.

It's hilarious how people want to TALK about the game and basically nothing else. People claim to know more about the game than the people who play it. Get off the couch and play offline. Online is OK to get practice in and hone your skills a little bit. Of the top five finishers, four of us got our start online. 17 of us there actually had the sack to get out from behind our routers and play the game head-to-head

Reactions: NSR

MRIGOTBASS

Damn I wish I could go. Well now I am living in Colombia so my chances are greater for next year. Be prepared and TRAIN HARD everyone! ;)

Edit: Just reading about GJabs and Bass, I dont want to derail the thread, but if ppl were losing (and were RETIRED) to how Bass use GJabs then those ppl werent up to the challenge.
Pedro, you are very dishonest, and a the term TryHard doesn't have a GeoGraphical or Language Barrier either.
Last time I play you, you edit 5 babies off the beginning of the video, even after you asked me if it was ok to record the game, and I said I just play casuals and I am not into recording people. We agree to play and what happens you not only record the game but then you edit the shit to stop the embarrassment of getting babied 5x in a row off the ripper.

Pedro, why did you edit the video? Oh I didnt edit the video, i only "Omitted the first 2 games"

LOL Right on.

This was the same PM you were moaning about only making $5 a week and how broke you was ect and I told you I would at my cost send you a laptop so you could play Mame with us. Then you go and do dishonest shit, and thats why you never received said laptop. I threw it out instead real talk.

Im not going to post PM convos on here but please deny any of this and I will.

That Legend Mr Base

MKK hanzo

Pedro, you are very dishonest, and a the term TryHard doesn't have a GeoGraphical or Language Barrier either.
Last time I play you, you edit 5 babies off the beginning of the video, even after you asked me if it was ok to record the game, and I said I just play casuals and I am not into recording people. We agree to play and what happens you not only record the game but then you edit the shit to stop the embarrassment of getting babied 5x in a row off the ripper.

Pedro, why did you edit the video? Oh I didnt edit the video, i only "Omitted the first 2 games"

LOL Right on.

This was the same PM you were moaning about only making $5 a week and how broke you was ect and I told you I would at my cost send you a laptop so you could play Mame with us. Then you go and do dishonest shit, and thats why you never received said laptop. I threw it out instead real talk.

Im not going to post PM convos on here but please deny any of this and I will.

That Legend Mr Base

Im sorry but I fail to see HOW some 1 second delay matches are relevant in a tournament thread.

Are you butthurt cause you lost? Are you really moaning because you oost a lagged online match? God man, Im 36, I have better stuff to do than caring for a random online match. (curiously, you can do that, record stealthy other players when you win)

Why is dishonest to do what you do? Oh wait, you lost. BADLY. That is when is "dishonest".

It is no secret how bad are things in my country and Im not ashamed to accept it, specially when I dont have any fault of it.

Post what you want, or make stuff up, I think that is what you really like to do. We played 2 matches before we recorded and you won, I SAY IT IN MI PM lol.

Sorry brosky, you will not get more of ny attention.

And, read well, and if God alloes me to stabilish myself and live here and get a USA visa, be prepared, no one, and I meant it, NO ONE WILL RAPE YOU HARDER IN UMK3 THAN ME WHEN WE PLAY OFFLINE.

You have been warned ;)

MRIGOTBASS

Im sorry but I fail to see HOW some 1 second delay matches are relevant in a tournament thread.

Are you butthurt cause you lost?
Its a fact you edited a video by your own admission, not my fault you got caught lying and being dishonest.

You been a fixture of UMK3 boards for like 20 years and how you gonna come to america blah blah blah, just stop dude its old and nobody is hearing the bullshit any more. Either come or just spare us for another decade of Im gonna's.

If you want to sit in Tin Roof huts with a bunch of sweaty ass dudes arguing about whos the best at UMK3 and your making $5 a week, somone got some fucked up ass priorities.

I also am done.

God Bless the USA and Hanzo's Tin Hut.

NSR

Can we just celebrate the fact that there are players who care about the original version, who care about playing a game that is almost a quarter century old, and we can get almost 20 players together once a year and prove the original is still an amazing game?

Because this site and its core sure as F does not.

Guess what? Glitch jabs and glitch jabbers didn't win in Ohio. Heck we had TWO Cincinnati players @McLOV1NS and myself finish top 5.

It's hilarious how people want to TALK about the game and basically nothing else. People claim to know more about the game than the people who play it. Get off the couch and play offline. Online is OK to get practice in and hone your skills a little bit. Of the top five finishers, four of us got our start online. 17 of us there actually had the sack to get out from behind our routers and play the game head-to-head
Amen to that brother, hope you get more people next year!