What's new

Guide General Zod Community Combo Guide

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I had same problem

HEres solution

D2 f21 MB ground laser dash f21 ZC/PS 27%

No meter I just do yours but the problem w one u listed is it works best if u d2 them as a AA

Otherwise d2 f213 ZC or d2 f213 ps

Thank you! That 27% is just sexy. You are a godsend. The Zod forum is officially S tier on TYM.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This may have been talked about before, but 12 in a juggle guarantees that a background bounce (like the throne on atlantis) will connect pretty much anywhere in a juggle.

For instance I can do it early:

B23 > 12 xx Interactable > J2 xx Slow Rifle > J2 xx Fast Rifle > Dash 123 xx Force Palm for 39% meterless.

or you can do it super late:

F21U2 xx Slow Rifle > J2 xx Fast Rifle > Dash 12 xx MB Close Laser > Dash 12 xx Interactable > B3 > Zod Charge for 45% one bar.

IDK exactly which combos this could really help in, but Zod is definitely one of the chars that can combo into that interactable most consistently.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Okay also with the Log Trap interactable on the left side of Ferris, i'm looking at the best ways to combo off of it.

So far I've found:

Interactable > MB Fullscreen Laser > Dash > Dash 123 xx Force Palm 31%

Meterless you can do:

Interactable > Dash > Jump Forward > Air Zod Charge 22% but takes you out of the corner.

Interactable > Gunshot is also 19% and keeps you in the corner.

Should I just start a thread about Zod Stage stuff?

@Pig of the Hut check out the last two posts. Dunno if they're new stuff.

insignis

Noob
meterless combo with trait for 51%:
f2(4)13~bf3,4,3,4,3,4,123~bf3
with bounce interactable near you can do 12~interactable,j2~ball,j3~bf2 for 60%

^we know dis. I love these combos with all my heart <3

I dont agree with the forcepush in the middle though it makes it harder to time and i dont like the way the pressure works after they block it. Id rather just hit the wraith slash strait up after f2413. espcially because if they block the f2413, 4 they are almost guaranteed to be hit by *~justframe*~ f2 xx d4 unless theyve seen it before

insignis

Noob
^we know dis. I love these combos with all my heart <3

I dont agree with the forcepush in the middle though it makes it harder to time and i dont like the way the pressure works after they block it. Id rather just hit the wraith slash strait up after f2413. espcially because if they block the f2413, 4 they are almost guaranteed to be hit by *~justframe*~ f2 xx d4 unless theyve seen it before
didn't notice that combo, sorry then :(
yeah, it's harder to execute but does 6% more damage and after some time it becomes quite constant if you don't mash :) and I believe none will stop blocking after f213 before bf3, so you can block confirm, delay wraith slash and do that f2~d4 thing + it builds more meter :)

ZOD bounce cancel.
Just posting this because I haven't seen it before.
Not sure if it is viable at all or if you would ever actually use it.
Looks cool though.

AK Pig Of The Hut - Do you see any use for this? I mean they put bounce cancels in the game for a reason right? Maybe people would actually use them if it wasn't 2 bars of meter?

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
i can never get the b3 to land in this combo
f21 Close Ground Blast MB, dash, b3, ji3, f2, 123 Zod Charge - 44%
any advice?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
i can never get the b3 to land in this combo
f21 Close Ground Blast MB, dash, b3, ji3, f2, 123 Zod Charge - 44%
any advice?
That is insanely hard...just do F2,1/MB C. Ground Blast>>B2,3-F2-1,2,3/Zod Charge

Not sure of the actual damage, but it should be around 39-41%.

Oh and if you're able to hit confirm your F2,1, you should stay meterless if you can.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
That is insanely hard...just do F2,1/MB C. Ground Blast>>B2,3-F2-1,2,3/Zod Charge

Not sure of the actual damage, but it should be around 39-41%.

Oh and if you're able to hit confirm your F2,1, you should stay meterless if you can.
thanks but With that one I can't connect the 123 after the f2 so I just go f213 Zod charge for 38%

insignis

Noob
cant land the rifle after the neutral j2 :(
don't be to hectic, wait until animation of the dash ends and watch inputs game acknowledges, you may push wrong directions or do it to fast/slow. I had such problem on the second player side.

the same thing will help you land f21u2~slow rifle,j2~rifle,dash,nneutral j2~fast rifle,123 in the future :)

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
don't be to hectic, wait until animation of the dash ends and watch inputs game acknowledges, you may push wrong directions or do it to fast/slow. I had such problem on the second player side.

the same thing will help you land f21u2~slow rifle,j2~rifle,dash,nneutral j2~fast rifle,123 in the future :)
thanks i finally got it to land :) but i got a long way to go before i can land the entire combo consistenly

zoofs

bless
is b12 db2 meter burn, dash, b3, j3, f213 bf2 okay to use for a traitless combo or no? it isn't listed and may not be the most optimal combo but it doesn't seem too bad, not to mention I find it easier to do than most of his other combos with similar damage outputs. 42% for one bar

insignis

Noob
after little discussion regarding laser charge valuability I experimented at full screen with MB Lasers + trait grab and gere you are combos from 46% to 55% :)
1) max damage without bounce
2) easier one to not drop it with a little bit less damage
tips: after MB laser do dash,wait for a while and then grab, next dash will bring you right to the oppontn's face. if you were too hectic and end up a little bit far justo do mid lasers charge and opponent will be thrown at you.
3) max damage with bounce

damage is character dependant as far chars like Superman(receives 11% from full screen MB lasers) will be hit be MB lasers later than chars like Joker (receives 13% from full screen MB lasers)

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef

EGP Wonder_Chef

after little discussion regarding laser charge valuability I experimented at full screen with MB Lasers + trait grab and gere you are combos from 46% to 55% :)
1) max damage without bounce
2) easier one to not drop it with a little bit less damage
tips: after MB laser do dash,wait for a while and then grab, next dash will bring you right to the oppontn's face. if you were too hectic and end up a little bit far justo do mid lasers charge and opponent will be thrown at you.
3) max damage with bounce

damage is character dependant as far chars like Superman(receives 11% from full screen MB lasers) will be hit be MB lasers later than chars like Joker (receives 13% from full screen MB lasers)

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
weird I didn't get tagged in this post

looks nice, I've been doing:

one dash forward into a fully charged laser > b3 > j3 > 123 xx BF3

SimSim might know a more optimal one similar to mine

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
weird I didn't get tagged in this post

looks nice, I've been doing:

one dash forward into a fully charged laser > b3 > j3 > 123 xx BF3

SimSim might know a more optimal one similar to mine
I think air rifle loop is always the more damaging option after fully charged laser, but scaling after mb laser, slash x3, trait grab, might change what is optimal. I'll check it out later!

Probably already been posted but,

1 Bar

F21U2, Kryptonian rifle, Ji2, F213, MB Zod Charge - 37% (40% with a Ji2 to start)