What's new

GBS Season 2 Week 6 tonight at 8pm ct.

www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade
We are now in our second half of our season 2 and I would like to catch you all up on the story lines so far for this season. So here we go.

1st: @GGA Max 21 pts. Mains Imposter and Bone Shaper Shinnok. He found his "Bane" this game with a low tier ish character receiving multiple buffs. Everyone should ask Max how does he get so lucky with choosing a main? Or does he have a line in with Paulo?

2nd: @D-Que Beats 16 pts. Mains Covert Ops Sonya. His 50/50 game is strong. With N1k0 and Dizzy trying out new characters this season D-Que has really shined. The question is will he be able to train and learn matchups, or will he keep automatically losing to Fill Pops?

3rd: @GGA Dizzy 14 pts. Mains Thunder God Raiden and Hollywood Cassie Cage. Dizzy is doing the classic try new characters after Evo thing. He has chosen a top 3 character imo to test out, and I think his Cassie will be strong if he sticks with her.

4th: @GGA N1k0lasss 12 pts. Mains Ermac and Reptile and Tremor and others. N1k0 is having a lot of fun playing many characters. I have a feeling this whole season he is testing out many things. Time will only tell who he will play at the invitational tourney.

5th: @GGA Fill Pops 10 pts. Mains War God Kotal Kahn. He always beats D-Que, and he likes j1 a lot. Keep it up Fill.

Tied 6th: @Jeffrey Wolf. Mains War God Kotal Kahn. He is a new comer this season. Too bad his drive is over 2 hours away because he makes top 8 every week he has shown up for so far.

Tied 6th: Me. Slips talked me back into playing MKX and I am having fun now so that's cool. Also the patches have helped me like this game more.

Tied for 8th: Wafflez, soonk, and PPJ. Wafflez is coming out tonight and soonk has found his Kabal with Predator. PPJ doesn't show up that often or he would be higher up.

Should be a fun tournament tonight come and hang out in chat. www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade
I will try and keep the chat entertained and we can talk about Shinnok nerfs. It will be a lot of fun.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
@Slips and @GGA Jeremiah are any of the other Predator movies good? I only remember the first one and one of those shit AVP movies. We need a second good one to watch and then watch the original Predator and whatever other one is good. Maybe it will need to be an Aliens movie most of those are good. Which is more manly, Rambo or Predator?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
@Slips and @GGA Jeremiah are any of the other Predator movies good? I only remember the first one and one of those shit AVP movies. We need a second good one to watch and then watch the original Predator and whatever other one is good. Maybe it will need to be an Aliens movie most of those are good. Which is more manly, Rambo or Predator?
Unfortuntely, Predator is heads and shoulders above any other Predator movie. I'd say Predator 2 is the next best one. If you can get past the weird gang war as the catalyst to get the Predator's attention to come to Los Angelos and fight in the city, it's good. The last half hour is easily the best part of the movie and is on par with the original in that regard.

Rambo has 3 manly movies. Predator has only 1 really.

Predator 2 only redeeming quality is Bill Paxton. That is it. So Predator 1 is the only good one. I remember Predators being OK I think. Predator is more manly than Rambo.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
@GGA Jeremiah My 3rd game for you to play a drinking game with I would choose Battetoads. Everytime you beat a level or die you drink. Have fun on the speeder bikes.
fucking hated the bike sequence. for some reason I think I remember the one from Battletoads and Double Dragon: the Ultimate Team being the worst.
You should think about streaming Ninja Gaiden 2 sword of chaos some time again.
Random oldass KTP question, did you ever play through those Super Star Wars games after 16bit talked up their difficulty? I don't remember them being that bad, lightsaber screwattack jump was ridiculous and I remember in Jedi bounty hunter Leia had that staff move that just owned everything up

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
fucking hated the bike sequence. for some reason I think I remember the one from Battletoads and Double Dragon: the Ultimate Team being the worst.
You should think about streaming Ninja Gaiden 2 sword of chaos some time again.
Random oldass KTP question, did you ever play through those Super Star Wars games after 16bit talked up their difficulty? I don't remember them being that bad, lightsaber screwattack jump was ridiculous and I remember in Jedi bounty hunter Leia had that staff move that just owned everything up
Actually yes, I went back and played the first and Empire. I still am looking to buy the Return of the Jedi cartridge.

The first one is tough. Sandcrawler stage is hard at first and the Mos Eisley boss almost feels like you gotta luck out to beat him on the hardest difficulty. The Death Star is hard at first too before you get into the trench.

Empire starts off insanely hard with the ice stages. It gets easier especially once you get force powers with Luke. Cloud City has some moments.

The bottom line is @16 Bit is an idiot. Those games are hard but if you have a decent amount of dexterity or aren't a new school pup who cries at the sight of difficulty in a video game you'll be fine.