What's new

GBS Season 2 starts tonight. 8pm ct.

Tonight begins the second season of GBS. All seeding points are wiped clean and we begin anew. Tournament starts 8pm ct @ twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade

There are two changes this season.

1) Winners finals and Losers finals are bumped up to 3/5 from 2/3.

2) per evo rules we are adopting this change.
  • Winner may change variation (only if opponent changes characters), but has to pick variation first after loser picks character.
Refreshers for last season.

1st @GGA Dizzy
2nd @GGA 16 Bit
3rd @GGA N1k0lasss
4th @GGA pimpimjim
5th @GGA Fill Pops
6th @GGA Max
7th @Devil Mayunn
8th GGA soonk
9th @D-Que Beats

Special guest @GGA Wafflez will be making an appearance tonight!

Button checks are banned on all stations
If you are on stream, you have to sit in the chair that lines up with your character. It helps the stream guy to put in names faster.
Stream will start at around 7:30pm with warmups. Tourney starts at 8pm.
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!
Info for newbies
Venue Fee: $5 for playing MKX from 7pm-2am. No tournament fee.
Tournament will be on PS4. Please bring your own controller.

Button checks are...Banned? I've never seen that before, why is that? just curious.
Because I'm grumpy. Also I am the streamer. I start local recordings when the players start their match. I then upload the local recordings to youtube afterwords. So that saves the youtube videos from having a boring start. Also it makes the tournament go by faster. It also stops the commentators having to bother the players while they are playing asking "hey is this a button check?"

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm pumped to see a tourney with these evo rules. @GGA Jeremiah are you doing it just because evo rules or does your community want to try it? I've wanted these rules since launch.

Also, kudos on no button checks, people will adapt quick.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
How can winner chose variation first after loser picks characters? U have to pick character before variation lol @GGA Jeremiah
It goes like this:
Winner picks character (locked in because they won)
Loser picks character (not variation)
Winner picks variation (can only change if loser picks different character from original match)
Loser picks variation (this way they get final counterpick)

I'm pumped to see a tourney with these evo rules. @GGA Jeremiah are you doing it just because evo rules or does your community want to try it?
Doing it just because of evo for now.

How can winner chose variation first after loser picks characters? U have to pick character before variation lol @GGA Jeremiah
Because my friend D-Q, it is already assumed that winner is keeping the same character. Winner gets to see what character the loser picks and then change variations if he wants. Then the loser gets to choose their variation after he sees what the winner picks.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Just force people to make checks just a button press and they only take like 5 seconds.
What button cannot be checked at player select? They don't serve a purpose, they just take time. All checks can be done at the player select. Anyone claiming they are checking lag on the setup is full of shit.