What's new

Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

I liked Robb at first in the show but now he just seems to be your run of the mill power hungry douche. I would talk more but sadly I have no clue how to add spoiler tags, lol. I'm always down to discuss ASOIAF so I'll gladly send you a PM with some of my theories and stuff that have MAD spoilers in them when I'm not so tired lol.
spoiler text slash spoiler

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I liked Robb at first in the show but now he just seems to be your run of the mill power hungry douche. I would talk more but sadly I have no clue how to add spoiler tags, lol. I'm always down to discuss ASOIAF so I'll gladly send you a PM with some of my theories and stuff that have MAD spoilers in them when I'm not so tired lol.
Add
to the beginning of your post and then put [/spoilr] at the end and spell it right, of course. Everything in between will be spoilered out.

Yeah, PM me anytime. I've found some REALLY cool things too. And Robb in the books (and season 1) was like, young Ned. They always compared him to his dad, like how noble, honorable, and intelligent he was regarding warfare. He married Jeyne out of honor and duty, not some bitch who's brother drowned once, interrupts meetings, and talks back to him. He married her because he didn't want to father a bastard like his dad did, because he cares for Jon. Every scene with Talisa in it pisses me off.

You better believe the Wedding's going to be screwed up.

I didn't meant to be so negative. I'll try to lighten up.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
What do you want to discuss.

And, Lance...help me out here, buddy. Who's bright idea was it to kill the Tickler in season 2? I still can't wrap my head around that colossal screw-up.
Yea that wasn't the brightest idea, but I feel it wasn't as bad as what they have done to all the characters in the show. My favorite in the books is easily Jamie. One character the show portrays greatly is Jorah Moremont. He is amazing in the show.

What do you want to discuss.

And, Lance...help me out here, buddy. Who's bright idea was it to kill the Tickler in season 2? I still can't wrap my head around that colossal screw-up.
Haha, I don't know other shows like it, movies, books, but yeah.

Like I said my favorite characters are shaping up to be Tyrian, Snow, Arya, Dany, and Valar.

Even though she gets little screen time Arya's scenes are just so awesome. I hope Valar comes back in a huge way that guy is great. He gave me a Dark Brotherhood vibe. Snow is just bad ass.

I also find it weird, in the show the characters don't look the age they're describe in the book! Arya is supposed to be what 6? Snow 13, dude looks like 25! Arya looks 10 or 11, etc.

Law Hero

Yeah, the upped all the ages in the show by....five years I believe. Primarily so they could have Dany sex scenes. Even if the actress is over 18, they're not allowed to portray a minor getting banged by a seven-foot tall horselord. So that makes it a little weird.

And by Valar, do you mean...Jaqen H'ghar? Valar Morghulis is High Valyrian for "All men must die." The actor for Jorah is awesome, though he looks absolutely nothing like Jorah in the books. I'm okay with it since his actor does such a fine job.

I guess my spoiler tutorial got spoilered. Sorry, man. Heh.

Yeah, the upped all the ages in the show by....five years I believe. Primarily so they could have Dany sex scenes. Even if the actress is over 18, they're not allowed to portray a minor getting banged by a seven-foot tall horselord. So that makes it a little weird.

And by Valar, do you mean...Jaqen H'ghar? Valar Morghulis is High Valyrian for "All men must die." The actor for Jorah is awesome, though he looks absolutely nothing like Jorah in the books. I'm okay with it since his actor does such a fine job.

I guess my spoiler tutorial got spoilered. Sorry, man. Heh.
I called him Jaqen once and someone said it's Valar, so I thought that's his name after he shapeshifted. Jorah, reminds me of Harrison Ford, Lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I love this show and am almost done with book 2. Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Arya are my favs.

What is ASOIAF? I am too lazy to google it.

Another
Stupid
Instant
Air
Fan

lol

Law Hero

I love this show and am almost done with book 2. Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Arya are my favs.

Another
Stupid
Instant
Air
Fan

lol
A Song of Ice and Fire is the title of the series.

A Game of Thrones is the title of the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series.

Another
Stupid
Instant
Air
Fan

lol
A Song of Ice and Fire ;).

You and I have the exact same characters, haha.

SZSR

Noob
I rewatched both seasons of Game of Thrones this week in preparation for Season 3, I can't wait for a Storm of Swords.

While you wait, enjoy this gif of Tyrion slapping Joffrey.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
absolutely love this show , some drawn out sex scenes but i suppose people wanna see tits without the embarrassing browser history haha,
i stopped reading the books because theres always more content , so ill watch the show first and wont get disappointed

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This is hands down the best show out there right now. Based on the trailers, this season is going to be epic! LBSH, more people are going to be watching the GoT season premiere than the Walking Dead finale tonight... JUST SAYIN'!

Law Hero

Okay, you guys...there's been two episodes of the new season and zero discussion?

What gives?

I personally wait till all the episodes are out than watch them. But you can discuss, I hate waiting a week for me I lose that immersion.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Okay, you guys...there's been two episodes of the new season and zero discussion?

What gives?
There hasnt been too much insane stuff to dicsuss. They are in the first few episodes which is just rebuilding all the story lines from what ive seen. Some interesting stuff has happened. Do we need to post spoilers in here or can i assume if someone comes in here they should know im gonna be talking about it?

Anyway, one thing really caught my attention in season 3 so far that isnt really storyline based. Bran and Arya look like they aged 5 years in the span between season 2 and 3. Bran went from small kid to deep voiced and looking like hes tall (hard to tell when he doesnt walk lol).

Law Hero

There hasnt been too much insane stuff to dicsuss. They are in the first few episodes which is just rebuilding all the story lines from what ive seen. Some interesting stuff has happened. Do we need to post spoilers in here or can i assume if someone comes in here they should know im gonna be talking about it?

Anyway, one thing really caught my attention in season 3 so far that isnt really storyline based. Bran and Arya look like they aged 5 years in the span between season 2 and 3. Bran went from small kid to deep voiced and looking like hes tall (hard to tell when he doesnt walk lol).
I think it's allowed to post about the current episodes as they air. Just nothing that happens after that, if you have book knowledge.

Still, I think some good stuff has happened. I'm bracing myself for some Stannis character assassination next episode. That preview looked bad.

Korpse

PTH | Korpse

puberty yo

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm all about that Vikings ish

It's starting off really slow, but hope things pick up. *game of thrones*