What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is literal cancer.

For one, this is a competitive FGC site for NRS players. As much as WBGames decision sucks, this is not the place to complain on. Your answers will very likely not be heard, and are best taken to sites like official Mortal Kombat site boards. Every time something controversial happens, this site gets really shitty and painful to read.

There are some here who sympathize with PC Gamers. I am one of them, but guys you have to research this shit. It was well known NRS was not making these ports way before launch and WBGames entrusted High Voltage Studios, a shitty dev to port it. You guys knew the writing was on the wall then. And I don't want to hear people talk about the PS3/360 versions either, because those were also handled by HVS and couldn't manage to pull it off. With previous PC releases not being too good, I don't even know WHY you thought it would change now.

I have a friend who has a gaming PC. I told him "NRS is only developing it for PS4/XB1, this is the best experience you'll get with these two consoles" and he avoided this disaster. I understand monetary reasons, but if you have a job is it really hard to save up about 300 or so, buy a used console and get the XL version of the game? I had my younger brother save up allowances before he ever got his first job to buy a PS3 a few years back, and we're about as lower class as you can get.

So while I do feel sorry (especially for the CIS region, hopefully MS does something about Live over there for ESL and just gaming in general) I don't pity you. And hopefully a moderator can help clean this thread up. It's getting ugly.
True this site is really not the place to complain about this on on, but then again a fan site for competitive players shouldn't be the first place to receive a concrete answer from a WB representative on this issue.

As for buying a console and the game again? I probably won't buy a console until KoF drops and PC players probably shouldn't reward WB for screwing them over with this game.

Something everyone needs to understand is that PC players are pissed after WB basically restored their faith with bringing Q-Loc to fix HVS mess. Who would've thought WB would drop support after going through the trouble of hiring a new dev to clean things up? Guess it wasn't worth spending more money on it.

What this really comes down to is that WB really just should have made a statement immediately telling the PC audience there wouldn't be anymore support once the KP2 trailer dropped. My annoyance with this whole thing really is for those who recently bought the game after hearing about Q-Loc and seeing the KP2 trailer.

Finally you and everyone else were correct that pc players really should've just bought the console version and not gamble with HVS track record.
That was my final piece on all of this.

Solignac

Noob
Honestly after reading some of the responses to this thread, I think I'm done with this community for a while. It's pretty shitty to see the game not coming to PC for whatever reason, but it's even sadder when a gathering of like minds to enjoy a game competitively and to engage in discourse turns into "well tough shit, guess you can't play anymore" "it's all your fault for not doing your research" in response to a portion of the community essentially losing their access to the game.

Instead of standing up for fellow players who can't enjoy the game anymore, people feel the need to muffle a thread they feel is unnecessary to them because they aren't in any way effected because they play on console by defending such a scummy move by WB and NRS. Sure, some responses by the pc players are a little excessive but that seems expected when you feel angry that you know your version of the game is going to die. I've seen banter on this site, I've seen arguments, I've seen unnecessary aggression but the level of apathy I'm seeing is pretty sad. It's not anyone's obligation to get involved to stand with PC players and differing opinions are definitely a necessity for a site like this but man. :( The severe lack of comradery or respect is pretty disheartening. I don't know if that's just an internet thing or what

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Its pretty sad that in this current year people unifonically think a company dropping support and slashing content from a release platform is acceptable for any reason. Let alone for "lol guys you knew they sucked cmon".

Its pathetic that people are willing to roll over for this and make excuses for a company so clearly in the wrong. Shills that dont even get paid, of all things.

In the end however, this will end up leading to even worse consumer standards, because giving a corporation an inch, leads to them taking a mile.
Have fun paying 80$ for mk11 and dropping another hundo for the "dlc".
Maybe nrs cant start charging you to play their game online specificly. Or start selling networking dlc packages, to improve latency online, guaranteed!
What's worse, people are suggesting us to go on and buy the game from WB again, just for another platform. Literally to give them money again for screwing us up. I'm not even surprised if their management accounted for such people when they were deciding if further support of PC is profitable.

Sorry, this won't fly with me.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
idk whats funnier, the fact that when mk11 comes out the same people bitching will be right back on board or the fact that people are mad that a company won't do something that is not worth the investment

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
idk whats funnier, the fact that when mk11 comes out the same people bitching will be right back on board or the fact that people are mad that a company won't do something that is not worth the investment
shit like this happen when people that are the company's face make empty promises, making you waste your money and time.

but please, keep being stupid on forums.

Funny because the pc port was outsourced, try again
I wasn't properly aware of the shit WB has pulled in the past about outsourcing ports, which I didn't know before buying the game that they outsourced the port to a company that was notorious for doing shitty ports. I don't think it's right that the typical gamer should be required to look into the full development process of a game in order to believe they are getting a working and supported product (one that would at least get support for a year after its release, which PC MKX didn't).

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Funny because the pc port was outsourced, try again

I don't remember reading "the PC port won't be supported as much as the console versions" on the Steam page, that they still don't even have the decency to remove. they already did the investment by releasing the game for PC in the first place, now they wanna simply leave the boat.

now, seriously speaking, you are either a troll or a really stupid person.

Last edited:

MagicMan357

I don't remember reading "the PC port won't be supported as much as the consoles versions" on the Steam page, that they still don't even the decency to remove. they already did the investment by releasing the game for PC in the first place, now they wanna simply leave the boat.

now, seriously speaking, you are either a troll or a really stupid person.
If you were smart you'd know exactly what i meant by that statement but atlas

MagicMan357

I wasn't properly aware of the shit WB has pulled in the past about outsourcing ports, which I didn't know before buying the game that they outsourced the port to a company that was notorious for doing shitty ports. I don't think it's right that the typical gamer should be required to look into the full development process of a game in order to believe they are getting a working and supported product (one that would at least get support for a year after its release, which PC MKX didn't).
What you guys seem to not understand is that I'm not even sticking up for them. Its the opposite, just look at history and their business practice. Thats why this is so funny to me that people allow themselves to make the worst purchasing decisions and when the chickens come home to roost, its the same reaction from every game.

The fact that WB is multi-media corporation should let you know also what they're focused on which is profit and NRS can't say shit about it.

This is exactly why i haven't purchased the game yet, which i will be doing now with XL

I love their games because they're fun, i don't expect anything more

Lo0py

Noob
Since the secound I heard that there is no support for PC anymore I COULDNT touch this game anymore. Before these breaking news I was playing like a mad man everyday up to 6 hours to further improve and hone my skills. But now I am completely disappointed. Gonna switch to SF5 and KI I had hopes for this game but they got crushed

Unfortunately the PC players need the console players. If the console players don't give a shit about what's happening with PC players then WB/NRS won't give a shit either. I know it's not going to happen but a boycott of the new content would probably get the message across.
I know, that's why i said console trolls, which is saddly the only kind of console player i'm seeing on this thread. They just come here and say how wrong we are to complaint and suggest us to forget about it or even worse to buy a console and a new copy of MK X. Look no further than a couple messages above to see what i mean.

@bluesdealer that the kind of attitude that many kids have these days unfortunately. They dont even know that fucking consoles wouldnt even exist without computers. And that all their games wouldnt exist without fckn PCs. Try coding a game on a PS4. They are all so blatantly egoistic that it kills my head. I cant believe what is happening in this thread. At the very end we are ALL gamers why not be solidary and band together? If this would happen to consoles I would be furious too because I hate unfairness in gaming especially. Everyone should have the right to enjoy games equally. Some comments in this thread just break my heart. I have no words for this anymore...

Immortal

Blind justice....
Well, the next NRS game will either sell VERY poorly on PC or not be made for PC at all. The damage has been done. :coffee:
It's kinda obvious that there wont be a "next game on PC", they wouldn't commit suicide like they did if they were planning on releasing IGAU2 or MKXI on PC. Seems like WB cut out PC totally after Batman and MK X ports fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.