What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Classy Cat: neither am I
The Classy Cat: theyre just dead to me
The Classy Cat: the way they fucked us over is just..
The Classy Cat: man Im trying to get my mind off it
The Classy Cat: but its just gone now
The Classy Cat: we're stuck with the outdated piece of shit version
The Classy Cat: while consoles get an update necessary for the game to play
BeautyBanana: yeah man I'lll be forced to forget about this game now
BeautyBanana: it's almost like ending a long relationship
BeautyBanana: extremely hard
BeautyBanana: heartbreaking even
BeautyBanana: but I'll have to move on
BeautyBanana: perhaps start playing gg/sf/ki
BeautyBanana: people were telling me don't buy this game, don't play it
BeautyBanana: even in mk9 days
BeautyBanana: I never listened and was being the biggest NRS advocat out there
BeautyBanana: what I get now is this
BeautyBanana: man again: they broke my heart, they seriously did
BeautyBanana: and my wallet
BeautyBanana: never again, gotta call it quits and move on in life
BeautyBanana: that's just how life is sometimes.
BeautyBanana: today after work I though I'll play a few matches of mk
BeautyBanana: I just can't bring myself to doing it after all that
BeautyBanana: it's done, amen.
liek & subscrieb if u cri every tiem

on a serious note, ggxrd for steam is honestly an *excellent* purchase. I would STRONGLY advise any PC players to check it out. most godlike fighter I've played in years.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Ever heard the "fool me once" saying? PC gamers, it's your bad that you got your hopes up again at this point. It has been obvious that PC would be shafted. The port was garbage, and NRS and WB are a business, they will not throw money at a PC version when it will not make them a decent return. I know that gets in the way of a "fair world" that all these childlike minds want, but we do not live in a fair world. Sooner or later that shit version of the game will catch up. But until then either buy a damn console or stop the vicious cycle of discontent over it.

Here's something I want to know
Why on God's earth is everyone blaming NRS for HVS' colossal failure?
Why would NRS waste more money on a product that never intended to be as fucked up as it is? To please the 100 players that still play on PC? They wouldn't be gaining enough profit for the work they would have to put in to fix it.
Look, I'm sorry that PC got shafted, but honestly, you people should be blaming HVS. But no, it's automatically NRS' fault, right?

Ever heard the "fool me once" saying? PC gamers, it's your bad that you got your hopes up again at this point. It has been obvious that PC would be shafted. The port was garbage, and NRS and WB are a business, they will not throw money at a PC version when it will not make them a decent return. I know that gets in the way of a "fair world" that all these childlike minds want, but we do not live in a fair world. Sooner or later that shit version of the game will catch up. But until then either buy a damn console or stop the vicious cycle of discontent over it.
i dont understand why everyone keeps bringing "pc sales are low" into discussion.

Mortal Kombat 9 PC sales are 'way, way above expectations'

http://www.inquisitr.com/909469/mortal-kombat-pc-sales-have-exceeded-expectations-says-ed-boon/

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I will reiterate, they aren't going to make much AT THIS POINT. Not after the reputation the PC version has amongst the gaming community, not after people sold it off out of complete disgust and frustration. Not after the hype from release is gone.

You act is if it's the norm for ports to be ass on PC.

Far Cry, Witcher, Metal Gear, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Shadow of Mordor, X-Com, all not just functioning ports, but superior versions to their console counterparts. I've got a 152 games in my steam library, a decent chunk of them ports, most of which are at least equal to their console counterparts. I had no reason to believe that choosing to play on PC was going to result in getting the shaft half way through the game's life.

If anything, the last couple of balance patches actually provided encouragement that the PC version was starting to come along. The last balance patch hit PC way quicker than the previous patches had, and from a performance standpoint the game's been running at 60 with max settings on my rig since like the 2nd batch of patches.

But you know what? It's whatever. I already started a dialogue with steam and getservice to get my money back. If I don't get it, which is likely, that's fine to, NRS can be secure in the knowledge that they'll never get a fucking dime out of me again while plenty of other companies do.

trufenix

bye felicia
There were no reviews for the PC version as you cannot play a SteamWorks game prior to release, all the reviews were console reviews and they we're ok you...
Who made you to buy it prior to release? Who told you not to return it day one when it was broke? Who told you to keep slumming it for a whole year with a piece of junk port that never worked while hundreds of other games that work just fine were released?

I will reiterate, they aren't going to make much AT THIS POINT. Not after the reputation the PC version has amongst the gaming community, not after people sold it off out of complete disgust and frustration. Not after the hype from release is gone.
no one sold out anything because mkx came out before refund policy and refund policy doesnt apply to it
but by all means, if i could, i would refund right now after this news.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
The SILENCE is the worst part, it's utterly disrespectful.
Well now we're used to this treatment from NRS.

That's what they do every single time they mess up (and that's quite often !).

They remained silent for MONTHS about their messed up netcode, and thought it was a smart move to only communicate about their plan to launch a new rollback netcode ... a few days before launching their beta ! LMAO !

Expect news about PC about 10 sec before KP2 / new netcode becomes available ... maybe ...

That's how bad NRS is when it comes to getting in touch with its community !

PS : oh wait, you might see a cryptic tweet from Ed the Troll a few days before that !

Well now we're used to this treatment from NRS.

That's what they do every single time they mess up (and that's quite often !).

They remained silent for MONTHS about their messed up netcode, and thought it was a smart move to only communicate about their plan to launch a new rollback netcode ... a few days before launching their beta ! LMAO !

Expect news about PC about 10 sec before KP2 / new netcode becomes available ... maybe ...

That's how bad NRS is when it comes to getting in touch with its community !

PS : oh wait, you might see a cryptic tweet from Ed the Troll a few days before that !
i wouldnt count out that possibility to tell you the truth.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Who made you to buy it prior to release? Who told you not to return it day one when it was broke? Who told you to keep slumming it for a whole year with a piece of junk port that never worked while hundreds of other games that work just fine were released?
Steam refunds were not a thing when MK X released. We could not return it. By the time refunds were even an option, most anyone had crossed the two hours played mark and would not be able to receive a refund.

Also, good job at missing the entire point of his post and continually stomping forward with the same consumer blaming rhetoric like some titanic juggernaut of idiocy. It's pretty impressive how any reasonable rebuttals just flow off of you like water and you stick to your guns of "You should have known you'd be fucked over." That's some admirable dedication. I only wish I could be that obstinate.

@Kickbykick @Damaja325 I guess we're done, boys. Time to pack it up and move or quit. Not sure which it'll be for me.

Skellington

Banned
NRS seems to have gone downhill in terms of reputation. Alot of people didn't like Injustice (myself included), people were disappointed that MKX was way different than MK9, and now the PC gamers just got the shaft. Someone take me back to 2010-2011 when MK9 was the golden child and I actually looked forward to checking TYM.:(

Korvin

Noob
Dude tell me , why the hell did they released game on PC then , if they was unsure . And game was broken as f*ck. They was keep milking money from people. From their side they should made a msg to PC community like " Sorry guys , we can't make a proper version for PC , here take your money " AND THAT'S IT. Why there is alot of gaming companies which are able to handle a ports from console to PC(for Example "Rockstar games" GTA 5 game , first it was on consoles , then it was perfect port for PC !!!!))) And don't talk bullshit about broken port, thats about how devs tread their fans , which are able to play on PC. Why the hell we PC users should spend 700$ to get console , for 1 game ?(Explain me this please).

P.S. Oh and yes another great port for PC (Dark Souls series of game , which was originaly made for consoles , are fucking working fine on PC !)
Sry for my bad english , did my best...

Immortal

Blind justice....
I really was hopeful, not gonna lie.

WB made the decision after they failed to hire competent studio to do port (not only MK X but Batman too) not to mention paying them well (lets remember that Batman port was made by ....12 people).

Thank god that other companies didn't go this route and decided to do inhouse PC version of their games. SF V soon but for me it's gonna be KI.

After 8 months struggle with Kenshi, now when they probably gonna fix him im not gonna be able to play the game. This is sad but it is what it is.

Guess since I didnt paid the full price I will get myself a PS4 and move on ffs. Theres so much shit going on in this world. This might take a bit of a hypocritical and philosphical course but everything gathers around capitalism and NRS and whatever the fuck is involved in this. If you cant be a reckless CEO your company wont make any progress (okay there are few examples that might prove the opposite). Realistically its just normal and we as normal customers cant do shit about that(*). Go with the flow or die with the countercurrent.

(*) small example: Turkey just sold their water sources to Nestlé ;). Ergo a good demonstration of a "sacrificial-act" of getting more profit.

Korvin

Noob
Guess since I didnt paid the full price I will get myself a PS4 and move on ffs. Theres so many shit going on in this world. This might go a bit hypocritical and philosphical but everything gathers around capitalism and NRS and whatever the fuck is involved in this. If you cant be a reckless CEO your company wont make any progress (okay there are few examples that might prove the opposite). Realistically its just normal and we as normal customers cant do shit about that(*). Go with the flow or die with the countercurrent.

(*) small example: Turkey just sold their water sources to Nestlé ;). Ergo a good demonstration of "sacrificial-act" of getting more profit.
From your example both sides get something . But in current situation PC users getting slapped in a face !And got COMPLETE 0!

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I really was hopeful, not gonna lie.

WB made the decision after they failed to hire competent studio to do port (not only MK X but Batman too) not to mention paying them well (lets remember that Batman port was made by ....12 people).

Thank god that other companies didn't go this route and decided to do inhouse PC version of their games. SF V soon but for me it's gonna be KI.

After 8 months struggle with Kenshi, now when they probably gonna fix him im not gonna be able to play the game. This is sad but it is what it is.
well guess what I settled on KI as well just not that big of SF, so the EU WEEKLY will still be happening when KI hits stores

Status
Not open for further replies.