What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

I'll have to test it when I get home, but I wonder if jump in kicks got their block advantage altered as well.

The original design of jump kicks was they had better range and could stuff more anti air and out spacing attempts, but at the cost of being negative unless they hit a blocking opponent deep.

I wonder if they've restored this balance, though I'm still really dam happy to know they aren't ridiculous anymore.
Most jump in punches can be anti -aired by characters with good buttons. 6 Frame jabs godlike for this.

J3's are very hard (but possible) to anti air with stand normals but you need good spacing.

However "anti-air" moves that were previously useless (like mileena's U3) do beat out jump kicks and it feels good. Jump kicks don't seem to be more negative though /sadface

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Has anyone else encountered this glitch where certain characters have had a delay of around 4 frames before they can cancel their run???this was supposed to be applied to dragons fire only but for some reason my Thunder God and heavy weapons Jax have a delay on the run making most links very difficult or impossible. I also tested this on Swarm queen,hellfire and HQT and they're fine.

Kokoko

Somehow
Sorry, guys... But... FUCK THIS DAMAGE! 40%, 47%, 55%... 13% chip-damage... This is insane. Like 20 seconds for one match. Low, overhead and I'm a winner. Instant kill in the next patch please.

Goddamn, NRS, wtf are you doing?!

XxDark_

Noob
Nobody better defend this sorry ass excuse for a patch. . they need to try it again. .hopefully I wake up from this nightmare. If not R.I.P MKX............... how ever I like that they took out the bullshit ass option select. And that anti air is a thing now. . so that will weed out the Scrubs. I'm just waiting on someone to attempt to jump in on me or cross up out the corner. .especially while I'm using lao

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How? I remember other titles like Tekken, Battlefield, etc, having suspect Netcodes at launch, and after some time like a month or two months or etc releasing a patch that either bettered or vastly improved the online play. Why wouldn't they be able to do the same with MKX?

Unless I'm missing some big picture here, it seems to me as if they just don't want to put in the resources required to make the online better like other titles have done in the past.
My point was Paulo and the other game designers can't patch it. I guess it could be patched but I suspect it has to do with the game's engine which unfortunately is not patchable as far as I know.

Noob
My point was Paulo and the other game designers can't patch it. I guess it could be patched but I suspect it has to do with the game's engine which unfortunately is not patchable as far as I know.
That's a distinction without a difference.

Most people refer to "patches" as a downloadable update to the game. Yes, the netcode can be improved via a downloadable update - but no, the design and balance staff are not in a position to push out that content, as it require programmer resources and until NRS/WB see fit to allocate resource time to it (costing $$$) it'll stay as is.

It may not even be possible with the current codebase that MKX has to transition to something like GGPO easily. We don't know.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
It didn't, i played someone and they jason's lowverhead and i couldn't punish it
Yeah you're right. Unfortunately I saw that in the Playstation 4 Update History so I got excited over nothing. I played for like, four hours and the netcode is as stiff as Mohawk Extra Dry Vodka.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
My comments:

This isn't honestly that bad of a trade off. Having a safe string is pretty significant as Shinnok was lacking in safety. Also, I think everyone saw the Dark Beam nerf coming. Scepter Slam is still very useful. Congrats, Shinnok survived everyone.

Also, I am disappointed to not see any Necro adjustments, but maybe in the future. Perhaps Necro might be more useful now with a safer -8 flick than a -12 Dark Beam on block.
nah.....time for me to move on u.u.

also how does that 8 frame minimum afffect tanya's pressure now?