What's new

Strategy Full Crimson Dash Fastest Punishers

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you're having Problems punishing some characters after a full crimson dash, please take note:

Full Crimson Dash Down Slash = 27 + 20 = 47f
Full Crimson Dash up Slash = 27 + 14 = 41f (6 frames earlier, but punishable if the opponent recovers in time)
Full Crimson Dash F4~... = 27 + 13 = 40f (Much faster than others and is hit confirm-able, you can choose between pressure if they block, or combo if it hits)
Full Crimson Dash 114~... = 27 + 10 = 37f (way faster, but you'll only get pressure)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NEVER USE downslash on the 7th last frames of Crimson Dash.
Because you'll hardly land the downslash on the opponent frame disadvantage because you'll be 20 frames more slower, so those situations where it would take 7 frames more to block a down slash, can actually be avoided if you F4 them into full combo or pressure if you miss time it and they block

If you need it to move more further in distance and use Downslash in the last frame, you might never be able to punish some characters as they recovers.
There is also the risk of you slash too early and whiff because Skarlet didn't move further enough, so using a 114 or F4 after a full dash at some points is way better than down slash or up slash, that can possibly be blocked or avoided

In case of extra help of how to move in distance with Skarlet here is a small tip:
Dash = 23f
Red Dash = 1 Dash +1 step = 29f (You can't stop it until the frame ends unless you cancel it with any of her follow ups)
2 Dashes = 46f (with a frame interval between the middle)
Crimson Dash = 2 Dashes = 27f (armor starts on the 2nd frame, so it will last for 25/26 frames)
To move from one part of the screen to another in one movement the trick is:
1 Dash Cancel~Crimson Dash
Note: This one is only useful if each characters are placed on each parts of the screen equally, Skarlet will be close enough to start pressure in minimum.

Make sure you practice them in order to counter any opponents options in one move, if you already knew about this then congratulations, if not, then its time to start practicing.
Best regards

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'm not sure if 11~upslash is linkable.
Does it links?
I believe only 11,EX-Upslash links. 11 or 112 or 114 don't link on a standing opponent into any other up slash. I could be mistaken though - if you're in a position to punish someone standing in front of you, I always use 2,1,2 or F4. Therefore, I've never invested much into trying to combo off of 112 or 114.

Edit: I believe L0rdoftheFLY knows more about what links with 1,1.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I believe only 11,EX-Upslash links. 11 or 112 or 114 don't link on a standing opponent into any other up slash. I could be mistaken though - if you're in a position to punish someone standing in front of you, I always use 2,1,2 or F4. Therefore, I've never invested much into trying to combo off of 112 or 114.

Edit: I believe L0rdoftheFLY knows more about what links with 1,1.
1~rd~ ex up slash links.
But its not worth it in these situations where we have to burn a meter to travel full screen, punish with standing 1 and burn another meter for the launcher, to smart move here IMO would be build the spent meter back fast as you can with pressure after damage or just pressure.

ryublaze

Noob
Whether I use down or up slash depends on the move I'm punishing but a lot of times I accidently mess up and get blocked. I never knew that F4 after Krimson dash was faster than up slash so I might start doing that more. The only thing it doesn't have is armor whereas Up/Down Slash have armor afterwards. Thanks Eddy Wang.

I think it's just standing 1 that links into EX Up Slash but 1,1 doesn't.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Whether I use down or up slash depends on the move I'm punishing but a lot of times I accidently mess up and get blocked. I never knew that F4 after Krimson dash was faster than up slash so I might start doing that more. The only thing it doesn't have is armor whereas Up/Down Slash have armor afterwards. Thanks Eddy Wang.

I think it's just standing 1 that links into EX Up Slash but 1,1 doesn't.
I think it lands on the same frame that upslash does, but on hit is more rewarding, because you can get a 37% reset from a F4 and not from a Up Slash starter. Also to be that fast you have to input F4 right faster the Krimson Dash ends and F4 has more range than up slash.

Either way a video test with all max ranged dash followups in comparison would prove the point.

AssassiN

Noob
On the hole 1,1 punish situation:
1, red dash, EX upslash links into a single combo.
Nothing else links regarding the 1 into upslash combos.

2,1, (red dash optional), EX down slash also works as a quick little FYI.

This sounds interesting, gonna read more into and check it out. Thanks Eddy.

AssassiN

Noob
Oh, just a quick little fyi when Skarlet does an empty ex dash she still carries the armor for a few frames after the dash.
Tested it out with Jade's EX low Boomerang and while Skarlet is holding down block the Boomerang hit her and armor absorbed it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oh, just a quick little fyi when Skarlet does an empty ex dash she still carries the armor for a few frames after the dash.
Tested it out with Jade's EX low Boomerang and while Skarlet is holding down block the Boomerang hit her and armor absorbed it.
Yes she does, for at least 1 frame more
Its something that maybe Somberness can help us to investigate.