What's new

Fujin Kombat Kast TOMORROW 3PM CST

I wonder how useful this stuff is gonna be. Let's say I hit you with a shoulder charge with Shao Kahn, you know that the down amplify has armor break capabilities, all you have to do is wait until after the regular amplify then drop. The only way I would be able to make use of it is if I shoulder charge and then wait for you to drop and then amplify again (so it takes 2 bars to armor break anyone). I guess we'll wait and see.

What about Sub Zero, I mean how often do people drop out of a Sub Zero combo with enough time for you to do f4? Like you do some string into ice ball and you wanna do a jump kick into a combo, you know your opponent is gonna break so you do jump kick f4, will that connect?

I bet Jacqui is gonna have something stupid, she's gonna be able to armor break off of s1 or some shit like that.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Was the stream glitchier than when they do it in-studio? They never seemed to get that running smoothly.

Fujin looks amazing, they added my dream move: choke / taking breath away!!!! Anyone denying Fujin looking awesome and having some crazy moves that should excite you then you need to find a new franchise / game to love. Fujin easily will be top 5 and probably my main from now on. What a GOD!!! Walking in the air, launching a guy so high he's off screen, original MK4 crossbow moves, Kenshi nod. What more can you ask?! They went above and beyond.

Also, people, Retrocade looks dope AF! Better than I expected, like a nice mix of a new stage with old graphics and projecting the stage on screens was a genius move with the arcades in the back and Deception cardboard ad! Kudos for them to tease it a bit here. So we get the Soul Chamber which kind of looks lik the Church and the actual Church, which I've seen people show a lot of love for. They really cannot skip out on Kombat Tomb and the Portal!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I hope I'm wrong, but the armor-break on Shao's shoulder charge seems useless. He has to commit to the break, and if you don't break then he's wasted his meter and lost his kombo damage. If he doesn't break and does the regular launcher, then you can still just break and escape the kombo. There doesn't seem to be any incentive to immediately break from his shoulder charge. Am I missing something?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I hope I'm wrong, but the armor-break on Shao's shoulder charge seems useless. He has to commit to the break, and if you don't break then he's wasted his meter and lost his kombo damage. If he doesn't break and does the regular launcher, then you can still just break and escape the kombo. There doesn't seem to be any incentive to immediately break from his shoulder charge. Am I missing something?
yeah it actually sucks

but who cares f34 special cancelable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I think they said that moves were sped up, using that thinking I would say you could amp late if they break late so its probably active forever.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think they said that moves were sped up, using that thinking I would say you could amp late if they break late so its probably active forever.
I wouldn't think delaying it would make a difference. You can still wait until the regular launcher comes out and then break. By that point, he can no longer use the break.

I wouldn't think delaying it would make a difference. You can still wait until the regular launcher comes out and then break. By that point, he can no longer use the break.
Same with every character. If you b3 with Scorpion after d2 kb but they didn't break then you leave a lot of damage on the table

Same with every character. If you b3 with Scorpion after d2 kb but they didn't break then you leave a lot of damage on the table
b3 doesn't take bar though. In order to armor break Shao Kahn has to use bar and if he amplifies and THEN tries to armor break by using a down amplify it takes 2 bars... if you can link it. It's just flat out worse.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Right, but Scorpion doesn't have to commit a bar. Scorpion can wait to see if you break and then either continue the kombo, b3, or just d2 if it's too late to b3.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think these armor moves are mostly designed around Krushing Blow launchers. Some of these seem too slow to get off of regular popups

ToastWithJam

Advanced Button-Masher
It might be controversial, but what I'm grateful for is that the change doesn't make Terminate useless in the Towers of Time like I feared a universal anti-armor would. It's specific enough that the AI is unlikely to use it, but it can also be easily deployed by human players.

A fair compromise, I'd say. There's nothing quite like activating Terminate in one of the holiday towers and watching all that crazy bullshit just bounce off you.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
It might be controversial, but what I'm grateful for is that the change doesn't make Terminate useless in the Towers of Time like I feared a universal anti-armor would. It's specific enough that the AI is unlikely to use it, but it can also be easily deployed by human players.

A fair compromise, I'd say. There's nothing quite like activating Terminate in one of the holiday towers and watching all that crazy bullshit just bounce off you.
I doubt it would do anything to Terminate. He doesn't even have hitstun animations in skeleton form does he?

Slymind

Noob
He also loses shoulder charge on V3...

Slymind

Noob
Breakaway isn't the only armor in the game, guys.
This is a good point. The shoulder charge could be a good way to stuff FB while getting a combo out of it. But as a combo extender, it won't make much of difference, since the enemy can simply break after the regular amplify.

If only they made the overhead shoulder charge safe.