What's new

Fujin-eral Discussion Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Can someone explain the appeal of Fujin to me because I honestly don't see it.

He doesn't have much of a personality, his appearance isn't anything ground breaking, his gimmick is wind powers but Kitana can already do that, the crossbow always seemed really out of place and weird to me, and he was only in one game(if you don't found Armageddon).

I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see the hype.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Can someone explain the appeal of Fujin to me because I honestly don't see it.

He doesn't have much of a personality, his appearance isn't anything ground breaking, his gimmick is wind powers but Kitana can already do that, the crossbow always seemed really out of place and weird to me, and he was only in one game(if you don't found Armageddon).

I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see the hype.
You might not see the interest but we like the idea of wind manipulating powers, hell he's a wind god. In your opinion he doesn't have much of a personality, as for his appearance none of the characters really have groundbreaking appearances, and the crossbow was an admitted mistake by Boon which even Fujin fans ignore lol. And for the record Kitana doesn't have "wind powers", that's just how her fan lift animation looks this time around. One move != entire copied powers.

Think about it. Hurricanes, tornadoes, channeling wind down through someones throat turning their body into a centrifuge for their organs. You're not looking at his full potential here. You're just seeing the small things that make him sound worse than he is.

Being in one (or technically two) game(s) doesn't mean shit, technically D'Vorah and Kotal and whatnot have only been in this one game but they've already developed fanbases. It only takes one appearance to make someone like a character enough for them to be their favourite.

If you don't see it that's fine, for example I don't see the Bo Rai Cho hype or Liu Kang hype. I think they're both annoying and have little personality but I'd be angering two fanbases by saying that. Just because I don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there :p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You went at that a little too defensively.

I'm indifferent about Fujin, not against him. I want to know what people like about him, i'm not telling people he's bad or anything like that.

And being in one game and sitting on the shelf for years is different than starting in the latest edition of the series that hasn't even come out yet.

And again, in terms of gameplay, Kitana can do wind stuff already, so what exactly does Fujin bring to the table?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You went at that a little too defensively.

I'm indifferent about Fujin, not against him. I want to know what people like about him, i'm not telling people he's bad or anything like that.

And being in one game and sitting on the shelf for years is different than starting in the latest edition of the series that hasn't even come out yet.

And again, in terms of gameplay, Kitana can do wind stuff already, so what exactly does Fujin bring to the table?
Well I didn't mean to go at it defensively, I was just explaining. It's probably that NRS keep cock-teasing us by making him a cameo or including the sound files for him in MK9 or GAHHHHHHH.

Look at Tremor, he's had even less reason to be included but he's in because fans love him. I personally don't get why...

What we like about him, as I explained, is the potential he has as a wind god. He doesn't just send a draught through your window or manipulate your farts into someone else mouth, he literally creates tornadoes out of nothing and wields them as weapons. I mean tornadoes and hurricanes are fucking powerful, they destroy cities at a time and pass through places destroying everything in their path. Fujin just hasn't been explored to his fullest in-game yet which is frustrating considering he was supposed to be in MK9 and even has a cameo in MKX. It's a bloody cock-tease for us all.

I mean, being in one (two really, and in Armageddon they gave him a different weapon and revamped his look) game is still enough to start a fanbase. Whether he was introduced long ago or is introduced now is irrelevant since the same content, moveset, story etc is still there.

Kitana has one move that even remotely involves wind, that doesn't mean she does "wind stuff". She uses her fans in her moveset. Kitana doesn't create hurricanes, she throws fans or cuts with fans or...you get the idea: fans. Fujin is all wind - controlled tornadoes, funnels of wind (which you see in story mode), that Scythe-like staff he wields (in this timeline anyway) is his weapon. And he's a god, you can't go wrong with that. Just look up gameplay or his moves or his fatalities (which yes is limited because he's only been in two games but is still there lol) and you can see what he does. If he didn't bring anything new to the table he wouldn't have been included in the first place.

If you don't see it then I dunno but I've tried my best to explain...

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that a Jacqui brigade member is asking what the appeal of a supposedly personality-less character is? Oh, my sides.

Also @DownfouralitY wants Fujin, therefore this campaign is doomed.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Well I didn't mean to go at it defensively, I was just explaining. It's probably that NRS keep cock-teasing us by making him a cameo or including the sound files for him in MK9 or GAHHHHHHH.

Look at Tremor, he's had even less reason to be included but he's in because fans love him. I personally don't get why...

What we like about him, as I explained, is the potential he has as a wind god. He doesn't just send a draught through your window or manipulate your farts into someone else mouth, he literally creates tornadoes out of nothing and wields them as weapons. I mean tornadoes and hurricanes are fucking powerful, they destroy cities at a time and pass through places destroying everything in their path. Fujin just hasn't been explored to his fullest in-game yet which is frustrating considering he was supposed to be in MK9 and even has a cameo in MKX. It's a bloody cock-tease for us all.

I mean, being in one (two really, and in Armageddon they gave him a different weapon and revamped his look) game is still enough to start a fanbase. Whether he was introduced long ago or is introduced now is irrelevant since the same content, moveset, story etc is still there.

Kitana has one move that even remotely involves wind, that doesn't mean she does "wind stuff". She uses her fans in her moveset. Kitana doesn't create hurricanes, she throws fans or cuts with fans or...you get the idea: fans. Fujin is all wind - controlled tornadoes, funnels of wind (which you see in story mode), that Scythe-like staff he wields (in this timeline anyway) is his weapon. And he's a god, you can't go wrong with that. Just look up gameplay or his moves or his fatalities (which yes is limited because he's only been in two games but is still there lol) and you can see what he does. If he didn't bring anything new to the table he wouldn't have been included in the first place.

If you don't see it then I dunno but I've tried my best to explain...
I get you, you explained it well.

I also like that you didn't do what a lot of people do and use other characters as a crutch, you just explained in regards to the character itself.

Hopefully Fujin get's to do some crazy shit in story mode, I can definitely see the potential I guess.

Last edited:
OK, The random legendary trolling of Edward Blake (guessing) Boon has seen no bounds. However, within the last two days it has been noted:

Cassie Cage Fatality Facebook has a comment from boon saying "unlock Fujin yet" and recently on his twitter he alluded to "Fujin is to devorah".

Does Devorah have something to do with unlocking him? Have any devorah players noticed anything?

Just thinking out loud...
- beat towers on highest level with devorah?
- perfect her and fatality her in a challenge tower?
- devorah mirror in challenge tower?
- doubtful it has anything to do with online.

OK, The random legendary trolling of Edward Blake (guessing) Boon has seen no bounds. However, within the last two days it has been noted:

Cassie Cage Fatality Facebook has a comment from boon saying "unlock Fujin yet" and recently on his twitter he alluded to "Fujin is to devorah".

Does Devorah have something to do with unlocking him? Have any devorah players noticed anything?

Just thinking out loud...
- beat towers on highest level with devorah?
- perfect her and fatality her in a challenge tower?
- devorah mirror in challenge tower?
- doubtful it has anything to do with online.
He also made a tweet that basically said "Fujin is not unlockable without a hack" or some shit like that, so no he's not playable. Really all we can hope for is DLC.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think we'll see a Kombat Pack 2, with Fujin, Baraka, Rain, and Spawn.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Ed plays with peoples feelings :'( god i wish i could just blow people away cuz you kno hez a wind gawd