What's new

Fujin Discussion Thread

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Holy god.. They implemented some of Kenshi's moves into Fujin and I guess that means I HAVE TO play him.

On paper, V2 looks to be the best. As someone who plays Highborn, the power of a double digit restand is insane! Not to mention that the special move is safe with massive pushback? Skywalker is basically a get in for free tool and has a mind game of amplify or not on block? Parries for jump ins AND anti airs? Hoo boy..

That said, I think V1 and V3 also look super good.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Fujin looks awesome. Really. Eventhough I can feel the Kenshi-vibe in his gameplay. But all his moves are made in a good taste and the airwalk thing is just breathtaking (hehe). There are just 2 things I don't like/could have been better: The sword - really, this guy can control the AIR, why would he need sword? I know it's potential for cool moves (and I like them), but it just makes him too similiar to Kenshi. If they stick to the crossbow (as a homage) and only air-bending (he could have bend the air to create some tools from it directly - come on AIR-Hammer, AIR-sword, AIR-spear, why limit yourself to the physical sword?) it would be better. Second thing is the fatality. Literally doesn't make any sense xD

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
The zoner in me wants to be a spacing asshole with V3.

The Venomous D'Vorah in me wants to be a stagger shenanigan asshole with V2.

The jump happy idiot in me wants to be an aerial special abusing asshole with V1.

This may end up being the first character I learn all 3 variations for.

fujin is a hardcore zoning and space control char. crossbow is by far his best move, while all melee framedata is low-tierish. glad they made no new sonya but i can hear the crying incoming

Last edited:

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
So if anyone is wondering how to get the variation 1 launcher to work. You can do something like b11 or 1,2 into db2f amp b (hold back after the amplify hits). That will have them launch in front of you and you can finish with 11 db4.

Im sure there are other ways to make the move work but thats one of them.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So if anyone is wondering how to get the variation 1 launcher to work. You can do something like b11 or 1,2 into db2f amp b (hold back after the amplify hits). That will have them launch in front of you and you can finish with 11 db4.

Im sure there are other ways to make the move work but thats one of them.
42, tornado amp, 4, flying kicks does a nice bit of damage with minimal effort.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm sure you guys have figured it out by now but in case not, here's how to combo meterlessly off of Fujins tornado
Thanks for posting this here. Been working on V2, myself. I think instead of ending in 4~db4 for the amp combo you could do 42~db2, b11~db4. Not certain since I haven't tried it myself, but 42 restanding adds some extra combo potential in this case.

Anyone else is having trouble with his tornado move. Sometimes the opponent will land behind Fujin and Fujin would be hitting the wrong way

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Been screwing around in the lab trying to figure out spacing / staggering for V3. Most all of the below content is universal as I talk more on his normals than anything else. Looking it all over, this dude is a stagger king with how far his normals reach and how many stagger options he has. The only real issue is that most of them start off Highs.

4 has a deceptively long range. 42 is -6, but has a good enough amount of pushback that you won't be eating fast highs in response. While you can duck or backdash after 42, it's a bit of a read and matchup dependent as to whether you'll get caught.

2 has just about the same range as 4 at 11f, is -5 with a notable amount of pushback on block, and leads to 23 which is a -11 low that also has good range and pushback on block. 23(12) is death on block and a tedious dial-a-combo, but you can special cancel after 231. 42 is just overall better for staggering imo, though 23 having a low is nice sometimes.

F2 is the lower range, safe option between F2/B2. The 1+3 after it also involves Fujin taking a step forward so it's easier to hit confirm into damage (especially for V3 with its amplification). F2 is not special cancelable, however.

B2 has longer range that F2, but is -21 and can only combo into its 1+3 at close range. It has the lovely advantage of being special cancelable, however, which leads to weird scenarios.

D3, while a slow 10f, is his longest range poke and is +13. 4 is 10f and has basically the exact same range. D4, while not as far reaching, is 9f and +18. I advise against D4, however, due to it being -8 on block. D3 should be doing the trick 99% of the time despite being 1f slower.

B1 is a 13f mid with damn good range, most of which doesn't have a hitbox because YAY weapon priority. The ENTIRE string is death on block at basically any range, however, so either use this sparingly or be prepared to special cancel to keep the opponent from responding.

12 and 11 are the typical High-Mid basic starters, both of which are -4. Both 11 and 12 have the perfect amount of pushback on block to backdash after or to follow up with 2/4/B1/D3.

12(434), despite looking like it has a gap, doesn't actually have one. It's only -5 and all the kicks are mids so this is its own built-in stagger option.

F4 is a 16f mid which is FAR from ideal; but it's -3, goes into a -7 OH, and has fantastic range. Mix this in when you're at optimal distances, but avoid using it super close cause you WILL be mashed out of its 16f.

Short Hop 1/2 is -17, but uses Fujin's sword so its range perfectly complements your other stagger options. If the opponent is blocking low or ducking a lot, give them a good old skull bashing.

Fujin's dashes are both top tier, honestly rivaling Cetrion in my opinion. Backdashes are your best friend in this stagger game because all the above barely-negative block staggers become potential death traps if you mix in backdashes after them. In addition, the great range on his normals become that much better with microdashes into them.

Wind Push amplified is always -3 and puts the opponent about round 1 starting distance away on block strings. Unamplified Wind Push is -15 and barely pushes the opponent a character distance away. Avoid doing this.

When staggering 42 / 423, you are +5 after 423. In they don't flawless block the 3, this leaves you at the perfect distance for F2. F2 1+3 is always -7 as is F2. If you want to make it as safe as possible, do a micro backdash immediately after the blocked 423 before doing F2. This way you can safely hit confirm into the 1+3. The backdash will leave you a character distance away after the F2, thus allowing you to not automatically lose your turn at -7 if they blocked.

Side note: Wind Push amplified doesn't copy the same Wind Push distance as the first one so make sure you keep that in mind.

His v2 is great u can cancel mb skywalker into a full combo
Cant upload but skywalker can convert from anywhere if u get the mb and cancel in you lose one defensive bar and offensive so not terrible only thing is v2 gets to to make strings safe on block with warped needle, however no armour breaker in v2

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
So 4 launches enough to breakaway mid string. I'm going to look on the positive side and think of all the accidental breakaways I might get on people who block late.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So 4 launches enough to breakaway mid string. I'm going to look on the positive side and think of all the accidental breakaways I might get on people who block late.
Yah. It also means that in V3 he can actually convert off the string for full combo. It’s his only string he can actually launch off.