What's new

Former stages (finisher speculations)

input

Noob
If some past stages are to be in this game (like the Wastelands, the Belltower, etc.), how do you think the team will design the stage fatalities for them this time around?

We've already seen what The Pit looks like. And even though they seem to have used some of the designs from the Pit 2 (like for the bridge), they went with modified spikes at the pit floor.

Or if you have an idea of how existing arenas should implement a "finisher", I'd like to hear it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The arena I'm looking forward to the most is Kahn's arena... and honestly, out of all stages I would predict his to be the most brutal. :)

input

Noob
Hey STORMS, any reason you feel why it will be the most brutal? :) I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I've heard something about a beast that's tied up somewhere in Kahn's arena over at another forum, that mauls you to death for for an arena finish. This might just be a rumor, but this actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. I can actually picture a huge beast encaged underneath Kahn's Colosseum. So when one player's life bar is about to fully drain in the final round, you would see a guard in the background raise a lever and the beasts' gate would slide open. Then of course when defeated, you can throw your opponent below where their life pends. Just some ideas.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Hey STORMS, any reason you feel why it will be the most brutal? :) I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I've heard something about a beast that's tied up somewhere in Kahn's arena over at another forum, that mauls you to death for for an arena finish. This might just be a rumor, but this actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. I can actually picture a huge beast encaged underneath Kahn's Colosseum. So when one player's life bar is about to fully drain in the final round, you would see a guard in the background raise a lever and the beasts' gate would slide open. Then of course when defeated, you can throw your opponent below where their life pends. Just some ideas.
That sounds sick! And that would more brutal than what I originally thought.

As to why? It's Kahn's arena! lol... do i have to say more? :)

input

Noob
That sounds sick! And that would more brutal than what I originally thought.

As to why? It's Kahn's arena! lol... do i have to say more? :)
Thanks, I appreciate the compliments!

Haha, that's true about his arena.

Could be a lot more painful than that. Ever image how the vine is coming out of this guys mouth?

PROBE SOFTWARE

Yes absolutely! They could make it to where while some vines strangle/hold you, others forcefully impale different parts of the body. Or even make it to where they grow inside your opponents' body in real-time, then exit through their flesh.

Also, since it looks like they are adding more plant vegetation to the Living Forest, I thought about an area in which a grouping of abnormally large venus fly traps exist. So if your head was to fall on one, the fly trap would hold you down in it's mucus membrane and then close over your face. As it's applying pressure and crushing your head, it's also suffocating you. At this point, blood can be seen being digested through it's stem.

Honestly, the possibilities are endless, due to the fact that MK implements a lot of fantasy based design. I have some more ideas if anyone cares to hear them.

By the way, didn't MK:Shaolin Monks have it to where the trees in the Living Forest would impale you on their branches? Were there any other dangers in that level, since I didn't play the game.

maybe a tree could drop like a big apple ontop of your opponent and squash him like a roach. guts everywhere would be cool

You know what? I'd want the Pit 3 from MK3 to have giant buzzsaws slicing the victim in half as he falls on the blades.

Instead of this:

The bottom of Pit 3 should have giant versions of these.