What's new

Question - Sub-Zero For someone considering getting MKX, what is Sub-Zero's standing in this?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Sub is a great character. He can hold his own against almost any character between GM and Cryo. He's very good offline and very good online. GM is also an interesting character in that, I feel, he has tremendous depth. Its a character you can grow with over the lifetime of the game due to how the clone controls the match. Endless variety.

Unbreakable is a terrible variation, arguably one of the absolute worst in the game (arguably), and I would *assume* it would be getting buffs of some form in the next few months. Cryo could use a leg up, but hes (imo) a solid character. He wont do you any favors, but he wont weigh you down either. He suffers as much from his gameplan being weak in MKX than the variation itself lacking power. Cryo is a reactionary/defensive/punish-oriented style character and MKX is so offensive momentum based, its hard to make him work right (again, IMO). GM is defensive, but in an offensive way. You're trying to force your opponent in to a mistake, put them in the corner, then do one billion damages. That's hyper-oversimplified, but you get the idea.

Sub is well worth maining in this game IMO, you cant go wrong.

GM Sub is also one of the most violent and effective scrub-killers in the game IMO. I cant think of a character personally that has such an inherent advantage vs less skillful players as GM Sub. Why is this a bullet point? Because its just fun to UTTERLY dominate once in a while and GM by design, auto-counters braindead spam happy idiots. Its nice to counter them.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Unbreakable is a terrible variation, arguably one of the absolute worst in the game (arguably), and I would *assume* it would be getting buffs of some form in the next few months.
all I know of Unbreakable is what I read on TYM, as I have yet to ever play one outside a couple people who were clearly completely brand new.
I hate this crap, don't just regurgitate stuff you've read, either look into it and make a decision for yourself, or let somebody who does know post the advice. At least you are willing to be open minded about the groupthink and have your opinion changed because the ones that just say "everyone thinks this thats why its correct and you are wrong" are even worse, but still this sort of mentality at all hurts discussion unfortunately

But you were right, Unbreakable is trash tier. Mid tier is a joke

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I always felt Sub-Zero in GM bridged the gap between low high tier and upper mid tier. Kind of in the same boat as A-List Cage, Sonya, and Erron Black.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
unbreakable is mid tier
Well, all we have to do now is wait for 16bit to come in here and corroborate that Unbreakable is, in fact, mid tier and performing as intended. All the Subby mains better get to work on some secret Unbreakable tech that no one has been able to find since the game launched. It's up to us to realize this character's potential. I expect a new thread no later than tomorrow evening filled with some cold hard tech.

What have we been blind to for so long? I intend to find out.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey there, long time MK fan who is getting a PS4 for Christmas. I'm thinking about picking up MKX, but due to being so many months behind, I'm a bit hesitant. I'm also a character loyalist who has been using Sub-Zero since the MK2 days. With that said, I am willing to use someone else to cover bad match ups(this was a necessity in MK Deception and other games), so I have a few questions.

1. What is Sub-Zero's current standing in the game? Top 10 character? Top 20? Average at best?

2. With the amount of time this game gets updated, I'm assuming Sub will get touched up. Is it trending towards him being nerfed or buffed?

3. How numerous are Sub-Zero's bad match ups? Which are universally agreed upon to be bad? Due to the nature of his clone, characters who can teleport and punish as well as characters who are zone-oriented and can pester him with projectiles without needing to approach his clone, have given him problems. Is that the same in this game?

4. What character would you say best covers Sub-Zero's bad match ups?

Thanks guys.
I bet other than myself, 2 other people remember who you are and recognize the name :)

Great to have you back !!!!

You'll like Sub - Cyromancer is your style but also learn Grandmaster

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I hate this crap, don't just regurgitate stuff you've read, either look into it and make a decision for yourself, or let somebody who does know post the advice. At least you are willing to be open minded about the groupthink and have your opinion changed because the ones that just say "everyone thinks this thats why its correct and you are wrong" are even worse, but still this sort of mentality at all hurts discussion unfortunately

And the crap that I hate, is when people jump to conclusions after taking something I said out of context. I suppose i should post some kind of reference document showing my sources after posting an opinion, but.. I'm not gonna.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Exactly what did i take out of context, please explain the intended contexts there lol

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
1. Grandmaster Sub-Zero is a top 5 character thanks to Brady Tech (Korner game 2.0).

2. NRS hates Tom Brady, will likely make the clone function even less properly and invalidate Brady's Korner Game 2.0.

3. Sub-Zero now has no bad matchups. With Brady Tech every character is stuck in the corner forever.

4. Trick question because he has no bad matchups and every other character gets double frozen shattered combo'd until dead.
Thank you lord Brady For thy has blessed us with your tech.....

Amen