What's new

Flowchart Nightwolf

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I have faced many nightwolfs in my time. Most honorable. But lately I have seen a flood of flowchart nightwolf. The ones who do especially well against non teleporters, which I often play: Shang, Subby, Kano and Cyber Sub.

Their philosophy is simple and effective. Walk backwars and reflect any projectile. When you do, add a lightning. If your opponent gets close do a charge. If they learn and duck do an Ex Charge which will hit regardless as it has armour. Add in a mix of arrow to help against jumpers and you got yourself a nightwolf that beats any non teleporter.

How do I deal with this? It seems so perfect in strategy!

Ive faced this EXACT thing. What I found works is just eating the chip damage from the arrows while dash blocking in, as soon as he shoulders jump over that shit and either cross him up or punish his wiff. Takes some time getting used to the timing of jumping him right but you'll get it.

All I can suggest is keep the pressure on them. Bait the shoulder charge if they get too far away to bring them in close again. I've noticed a few Nightwolfs appearing lately as well, especially since I main Kitana. They are all just very predictable though. Just wait for the right moment to punish them. Remember, as they walk backwards they are slowly putting themselves into the corner, and he has no teleport either.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I have faced many nightwolfs in my time. Most honorable. But lately I have seen a flood of flowchart nightwolf. The ones who do especially well against non teleporters, which I often play: Shang, Subby, Kano and Cyber Sub.

Their philosophy is simple and effective. Walk backwars and reflect any projectile. When you do, add a lightning. If your opponent gets close do a charge. If they learn and duck do an Ex Charge which will hit regardless as it has armour. Add in a mix of arrow to help against jumpers and you got yourself a nightwolf that beats any non teleporter.

I just played this guy. you have to footsie Nightwolf to death. Eat the ex shoulder... because any good d4 STUFFS regular shoulder. I know subs does. These guys aren't used to dealing with that kind of pressure, then they make mistakes. Fun part about NW is you never have to duck low... ever. I even on his block strings... footsie him. He can't do anything... at all. Soon he'll burn his meter and you can land combo's without a break.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Lyuben, sorry to say but CSZ has a teleport, like DB1. he really has one.
Thats not a teleport. Thats 1 minute of you floating vulnerable in the air before appearing behind your opponent for while giving him around 1 minute or so to react and punish.

Creepy00

Noob
Well it is reading your opponent, now this strategy works as they keep you out away from them. But when you get closer you can add pressure and play a guessing game with Nightwolf. The only two ways get can get out of pressure is with a ex shoulder charge or Hatchet, since his strings have a start up time. Now with sub and cyber sub you can bait nightwolf in using reflect and trade it with Ex iceball. That will allow you to approach and add pressure with both characters and/or bait them with sub iceclone or cyber's parry. If you are in range and your opponent does lighting you can slide and hit he. Which puts him in your situation.

Well it is reading your opponent, now this strategy works as they keep you out away from them. But when you get closer you can add pressure and play a guessing game with Nightwolf. The only two ways get can get out of pressure is with a ex shoulder charge or Hatchet, since his strings have a start up time. Now with sub and cyber sub you can bait nightwolf in using reflect and trade it with Ex iceball. That will allow you to approach and add pressure with both characters and/or bait them with sub iceclone or cyber's parry. If you are in range and your opponent does lighting you can slide and hit he. Which puts him in your situation.
You have to keep in mind that NW can absorb Ex iceball wich will grant him life if he hasnt burned up his meter

I just played this guy. you have to footsie Nightwolf to death. Eat the ex shoulder... because any good d4 STUFFS regular shoulder. I know subs does. These guys aren't used to dealing with that kind of pressure, then they make mistakes. Fun part about NW is you never have to duck low... ever. I even on his block strings... footsie him. He can't do anything... at all. Soon he'll burn his meter and you can land combo's without a break.
Play a good NW and you will be eating 40% combos all day cause unless you are Kitana,Mileena, or Sonya (though he can do it against them but its much more difficult) doing that will just make you eat his F3 all day.

To Op thats how NW plays against sub.Since most play the "hide behind the clone and chuck ice" strategy, its a very good strategy.I just sit back and reflect (which is funny seeing most people dont know he can reflect since they never seem to block) and mix some lightning and arrows.As they get closer (if they are even trying to) i have many options.The one i do most is NJ4 since its the safest(again cause of start up of his hatchet and his uppercut needs good timing since its very fast cause you can wiff being too quick). Most people try to crossover NW(cause he usually too slow to counter anyways cause of start up) but i usually see this coming and do the NJ4 and follow with a shoulder.

Fight a shoulder spammer? Just duck.Since his shoulder hits high, ducking is you best bet (not block btw) and follow with a combo or if you wanna play on the safe side (cause of the f3) uppercut.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You can duck and still uppercut ex shoulder...armor goes away after first hit. You can also stand and grab in-between first and second hit.

Kabal eats nw fir breakfast if he is played right...and by that I'm talking about michaelangelos kabal vs my nw. Their is video of this on s1lent1's stream and their is a link on MKU.

Kabals iaf owns nw.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You can duck and still uppercut ex shoulder...armor goes away after first hit. You can also stand and grab in-between first and second hit.

Kabal eats nw fir breakfast if he is played right...and by that I'm talking about michaelangelos kabal vs my nw. Their is video of this on s1lent1's stream and their is a link on MKU.

Kabals iaf owns nw.
Of course. I respect you but I am not a Kabal player :)

This isn't flowchart play, this is how Nightwolf plays. Infact this is how I play Nightwolf give or take I do a few flashy combos and traps but yeah. You aren't fighting scrubs.

i've specifically noticed a lot of nightwolves recently too.
a lot of them will wakeup ex charge my acid balls every. single. time.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Nightwolf's F+3 string is damn fast and it looks like it hits low, but really it's high. Give me some tips on dealing with it midscreen and in the corner.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Played a flowcharter today with Kitana. Not so good with her but in the end it was down to 30 seconds and he had like 30% health and he beat me. And he did a babality. Shows you how stupid you have to be to win with flowchart nightwolf.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Play a good NW and you will be eating 40% combos all day cause unless you are Kitana,Mileena, or Sonya (though he can do it against them but its much more difficult) doing that will just make you eat his F3 all day.

To Op thats how NW plays against sub.Since most play the "hide behind the clone and chuck ice" strategy, its a very good strategy.I just sit back and reflect (which is funny seeing most people dont know he can reflect since they never seem to block) and mix some lightning and arrows.As they get closer (if they are even trying to) i have many options.The one i do most is NJ4 since its the safest(again cause of start up of his hatchet and his uppercut needs good timing since its very fast cause you can wiff being too quick). Most people try to crossover NW(cause he usually too slow to counter anyways cause of start up) but i usually see this coming and do the NJ4 and follow with a shoulder.

Fight a shoulder spammer? Just duck.Since his shoulder hits high, ducking is you best bet (not block btw) and follow with a combo or if you wanna play on the safe side (cause of the f3) uppercut.
NW has bad footsie after block strings. his f3 won't beat out a d3 or d1 into clone. I'm pretty sure NW is only at advantage after the f3 is blocked... not the rest of the string. Once i started taking the fight to him.. NW doesn't like. I do get your point. If you do the same thing over and over... the f3 will beat out most attacks. That leads to his 40% destroyers.
But the "flowchart" way is how NW plays in a general sense. Why wouldn't you play that way? It is SUPER effective. It causes lots of mistakes by opponents. I understand it.

JrK

Probably Drunk
Played a flowcharter today with Kitana. Not so good with her but in the end it was down to 30 seconds and he had like 30% health and he beat me. And he did a babality. Shows you how stupid you have to be to win with flowchart nightwolf.
He's won, he did a babality, and he's the stupid one?

You attach some meaningless title to someones playstyle and just stereotype anyone who plays (while the other NWs in this thread say that's how he is suppose to play) like that is just a scrub.

This was just a CSZ rant thread cleverly disguised as a QQ thread.

Saint

Noob
He's won, he did a babality, and he's the stupid one?

You attach some meaningless title to someones playstyle and just stereotype anyone who plays (while the other NWs in this thread say that's how he is suppose to play) like that is just a scrub.

This was just a CSZ rant thread cleverly disguised as a QQ thread.
Don't say that! This guy is highly ranked on the leaderboards he knows what he's talking about! xD

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
Coming from someone who looks like they main Sub Zero, who in my opinion is the biggest flowchart character in the game, this means nothing.