What's new

Flawless Blocking in MK1

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Based on this video, we get to see how flawless block works at least when successful,

we already know Flawless blocking is made by pressing Back+Block button instead of just guarding and it does 3 things that by far i think, this should be all flawless block should do.

1. They negate chip damage (No explanation needed, you take absolute 0 damage when you flawless block anything)
  2. you don't gain meter from flawless blocking,/Neither does the opponent
3) you recover much quicker than from regular blocking
This one, we've seen Sub string starter gets flawless blocked, while it didn't made him unsafe, it did put liu kang to start attack first which lead to a counter hit when sub started to attack.

There is a scenario where Kitana does a wakeup and AI Kenshi flawless block the special, and recovers earlier enough to land a punish.

There is a scenario where AI Kenshi flawless block a Kitana jab~fan throw, and after flawless blocking the jab he it creates a gab where Kenshi is able to duck under the fan and punish it.

Its unknown if the attacker still gains meter at all if he gets flawless blocked as well, every single time it was used in this video, the player already had their 3 bars full

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, pretty interesting, it seems that flaweless block either negate totally blockstun , or just dminish a lot the negative recovery frames, because, all the times Kenshi used, he recovered pretty much very quick, and punished Kitana properly , so ....

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
yep, pretty interesting, it seems that flaweless block either negate totally blockstun , or just dminish a lot the negative recovery frames, because, all the times Kenshi used, he recovered pretty much very quick, and punished Kitana properly , so ....
it's a reverse drive rush scenario in sf6, which it's a good thing.

Meaning, on strings where you would be at minus, you can be made plus, on strings where opponents would be hella plus, could make them less advantageous, make safe moves punishables, and open gaps on blockstrings, i like this a lot.

Vinny

Noob
Do you guys think/know if there will be reversals? Like block attack... I like the idea of negating chip and being able to change frame data on the attacker but I also think block attack is necessary when you want to punish them with style lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Do you guys think/know if there will be reversals? Like block attack... I like the idea of negating chip and being able to change frame data on the attacker but I also think block attack is necessary when you want to punish them with style lol
no it won't.

also @Evil Canadian has shown in his introduction video that flawless blocking does indeed negates meter building, we are in there.