What's new

General/Other Flash's Character Ability

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Haha well it definitely wouldn't sound bad! The move fits the hero perfectly given his abilities, but I'm just concerned and interested as to how it will flow in game.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Theres no way the Flash should NOT be top 5. Just based on his powers his character design is going to be insane. Now that he has a special ability to slow down time for everyone and everything but himself he HAS to be top 5

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
yall must not know about Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu from UMvC3. They can slow down the opponents movements or "time" if you will, when they land it in their combo string.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Theres no way the Flash should NOT be top 5. Just based on his powers his character design is going to be insane. Now that he has a special ability to slow down time for everyone and everything but himself he HAS to be top 5
He could have garbage level recovery and damage on everything he does

Invincibeast

Stay Free
He could have garbage level recovery and damage on everything he does
Damage scaling would probably be the best thing there. Just imagine how frustrating it would be if he could just slow everything down, pressure you like crazy, and then start his most damaging combo right before you can move at normal speed! Lol

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Damage scaling would probably be the best thing there. Just imagine how frustrating it would be if he could just slow everything down, pressure you like crazy, and then start his most damaging combo right before you can move at normal speed! Lol
Hah, gonna feel liek the most broken thing ever Week 1, before everyone figures out how to play

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Hah, gonna feel liek the most broken thing ever Week 1, before everyone figures out how to play
Oh for sure, I foresee a lot of bitching happening...think vanilla Kung Lao. I just pray that the patches DO NOT come out as quickly as they did with MK. Things changed too quickly before anyone had a chance to figure out how to actually fight against certain things (spin).

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
My problem with this method of super speed as a general concept is it takes away the speedy execution on the player side. One of the coolest things about watching a top level Kabal is knowing the input that goes into it. If the game slows down we get that it is bullet time for the characters but the Flash player doesn't need to change execution to do it. Not shooting it down before the game is out, I'll reserve complete judgement until I have it in my hands, but I do feel some of the cool speed factor is lost in that.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Oh for sure, I foresee a lot of bitching happening...think vanilla Kung Lao. I just pray that the patches DO NOT come out as quickly as they did with MK. Things changed too quickly before anyone had a chance to figure out how to actually fight against certain things (spin).
I think they've learned a lot with MK9 and one of the biggest things is hopefully proper patching.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's likely not gonna be that bad. Really good, but not that ridiculous.

I get the feeling Flash will be able to activate this during a combo, thus slowing the fall speed of an opponent which would be insane. Comboes that would normally be impossible would become possible with this ability, extending Flash's combo game...

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I feel like when fighting against the Flash when you're in slow-mo, it would be just a matter of learning the match up. It's not like he's going to be invincible or anything. We're just gonna have to learn different timing for when to poke or punish or something (which, for the Flash players sake, I hope is a rather small window to make it worth it)

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
So I was just observing the game play for the flash (who will more than likely be my main). So I was thinking, flash is gonna be a meter building monster. It doesnt look like the slow down has any effect on the way meter works. So in theory couldnt he just pop slow down and hold the running stance to just build meter while your opponent is stuck in slow down?

StarcaverX

Bajan to the core!
It's going to be good but not game breaking. They will probably scale the time or something when you use it. I am more concerned about Cyborg's.... He seems like a brick wall right now.