What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Matchup Discussion

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
it might hit the really big guys like bane and doomsday while they're crouching, but it definitely goes over most of them. If they block the first hit high, they can still crouch the second but they can't punish it in that case.
I don't follow; if it's blocked standing then they can crouch the second hit but flash is at +3 but if it's blocked crouching then the second hit also whiffs but he's at minus enough to be punished?

why would blocking a single move crouching or standing have that much effect on the blockstun?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I don't follow; if it's blocked standing then they can crouch the second hit but flash is at +3 but if it's blocked crouching then the second hit also whiffs but he's at minus enough to be punished?

why would blocking a single move crouching or standing have that much effect on the blockstun?
Yeah, it sounds really stupid, I know. If they block both hits standing Flash is +3. If they block the first hit standing and then crouch the second, the second hit still whiffs but seems to be safe (I don't know if it's still +3), and if they block the first hit crouching, the second hit whiffs and is unsafe.

I guess the process of them going from standing to crouching takes some time or there is some phantom standing hitbox that doesn't take chip damage or it just gives more block stun to standing people. There aren't a lot of things in Injustice that make sense, and things to do with Flash are rarely any of those things.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yeah, it sounds really stupid, I know. If they block both hits standing Flash is +3. If they block the first hit standing and then crouch the second, the second hit still whiffs but seems to be safe (I don't know if it's still +3), and if they block the first hit crouching, the second hit whiffs and is unsafe.

I guess the process of them going from standing to crouching takes some time or there is some phantom standing hitbox that doesn't take chip damage or it just gives more block stun to standing people. There aren't a lot of things in Injustice that make sense, and things to do with Flash are rarely any of those things.
lol damn, flash can't catch a break.

So whether or no I block it standing or crouching I can duck the second hit and press buttons?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast

So whether or no I block it standing or crouching I can duck the second hit and press buttons?
I can't say for sure. I've been punished by people online (and also hard/very hard AI) who crouch blocked the first hit, and not punished by the same people (and AI) when they stand block the first and crouch the second. Maybe it's still +3 as long as they block the first hit standing...Unfortunately it's impossible to test in training mode because the dummy always stands up when it blocks a mid.

For what it's worth, maybe if people start crouch blocking more vs. Flash to try and blow up MB lightning charges, it'll open up f21 or random mid-range sonic pounds more.

LEGEND

YES!
I can't say for sure. I've been punished by people online (and also hard/very hard AI) who crouch blocked the first hit, and not punished by the same people (and AI) when they stand block the first and crouch the second. Maybe it's still +3 as long as they block the first hit standing...Unfortunately it's impossible to test in training mode because the dummy always stands up when it blocks a mid.

For what it's worth, maybe if people start crouch blocking more vs. Flash to try and blow up MB lightning charges, it'll open up f21 or random mid-range sonic pounds more.
the CPU won't block it standing if you set it to Stance block only + duck

Also you can take control of P2 and record Flash doing the move and try punishing it yourself. Hope this helps

LEGEND

YES!
this is what i thought at first but i don't think its that bad anymore.

1) Flash now has a way to punish all backdash with solid damage without trait, and even if you get the wrong read it is still somewhat difficult to punish

2) i believe it can somewhat jail you into both hits if you are still slightly recovering from say a dash or projectile. I'll test this more (and it probably is also effected by different hitboxes) but it seems to behave the same way as Sinestro's FB in this regard

3) People have to respect it/ be looking out for it. most of the time if you are walking back you are not going to be able to react to it by ducking, So atm the threat of it is actually better than the move itself. I'm kinda treating it like Reptiles dash

LEGEND

YES!
im hearing a lot of good things about flash now... is he good?
eh, i really am liking his new stuff. But the one thing that helped him immensely in his bad MUs is gone (OTG vortex off of everything)

hes now more solid all around though, but still gets bodied by characters like Black Adam and Superman

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
the CPU won't block it standing if you set it to Stance block only + duck

Also you can take control of P2 and record Flash doing the move and try punishing it yourself. Hope this helps
damn dude thats what stance block does? cool, thanks

I gotta get home first, but I wonder if you can SP the Green Arrow hop back arrow wakeup. At the very least it would put you back near him. Will reply again in an hour or so.
Update
You can delay B22 for juggle state or J2 to punish it.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
as it stands now, the only characters who can't crouch and punish the second hit of MB lightning charge are Nightwing, Bane, doomsday, Luthor and Scorpion. For everybody else, if they crouch block the first hit, the second whiffs over their head and they can punish.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I found a good way to punish Bane and Grundy's charges. Just speed dodge and then 1, 2, 3, special combo.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Even better f21 beats Grundy CW and can fully combo off it.
so does 21 into MB lightning kick or MB sonic pound. The hits that Grundy absorbs with armor don't scale either, so if you get the ideal trait combo afterward, you get like 72% on Grundy for him trying to walking corpse you

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
so does 21 into MB lightning kick or MB sonic pound. The hits that Grundy absorbs with armor don't scale either, so if you get the ideal trait combo afterward, you get like 72% on Grundy for him trying to walking corpse you
if he does wc on wakeup without a cancel b22LK will combo

MashBot

You're over matched.
Ok question I was doing wake up uppercut against ares mb god smack and it was like flash went though him. Then at the last sec he would dunk me. I know he have armor on the MB but I was using it to just get out ( you know that fucked up hit box) and not hit him. But he was still slamming me the only way out that is a wake up. And flash wake up was getting beat. What do y'all do? Only ares to time it the way he was, his a good friend that mains him. Is this so anti flash tech?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Ok question I was doing wake up uppercut against ares mb god smack and it was like flash went though him. Then at the last sec he would dunk me. I know he have armor on the MB but I was using it to just get out ( you know that fucked up hit box) and not hit him. But he was still slamming me the only way out that is a wake up. And flash wake up was getting beat. What do y'all do? Only ares to time it the way he was, his a good friend that mains him. Is this so anti flash tech?
Yea flying uppercut magically goes threw people for no reason. I have almost no ares experienceso i guess you could try the rest of his wake up options

MashBot

You're over matched.
Yea flying uppercut magically goes threw people for no reason. I have almost no ares experienceso i guess you could try the rest of his wake up options
Ares god smack hits the ground and have splash hit box I don't think.... Just thought to try LC but everything will get beat out I think. Can you wake up SD?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Ares god smack hits the ground and have splash hit box I don't think.... Just thought to try LC but everything will get beat out. Can you wake up SD?
If you're talking about his reset you can tech roll it now and dash back leaving him out of range to hit you. I think far sonic pound might get you out of the way