What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash Match up Chart

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Nobody will ever raging charge, it's not needed. What zoning is there to punish? :p

What does Flash do vs d.1 and f.2.down? AFAIK They out-reach all his moves.
D1 i get a easy reactable whiff punish or a free footsie in.
F.2.down I don't know what that is I'll have to take a look at it.
That D1 one recovery frame is hilarious
Flash is a better turtler than bane. hes faster, higher Reliable damage, better trait...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's a neutral on block overhead that links to all his special moves.

d.1 is a lot harder to react to than you're making it out to be :s

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That D1 one recovery frame is hilarious
Flash is a better turtler than bane. hes faster, higher Reliable damage, better trait...
Bane's d.1 recovers at 10 frames. So it's active for 21 counting start up.

Flash's recovers slower at 15 and it's 7 frames so you're slightly more punishable. (22)

One recovery frame? :confused:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Bane's d.1 recovers at 10 frames. So it's active for 21 counting start up.

Flash's recovers slower at 15 and it's 7 frames so you're slightly more punishable. (22)

One recovery frame? :confused:
on top of this, it takes approx 10f to realise a move has come out, identifying that move takes a lil longer. when D1s last about 20 frames tops you sure as hell are not going to see the d1 and punish it (which will take extra frames to even press the buttons for the moves to come out)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
on top of this, it takes approx 10f to realise a move has come out, identifying that move takes a lil longer. when D1s last about 20 frames tops you sure as hell are not going to see the d1 and punish it (which will take extra frames to even press the buttons for the moves to come out)
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what he's saying here lol

Bane's d.1 sure as shit isn't a free punish

Are you on crack? The current Bane vs Flash MU is stupid. Flash's only has his jump and his trait. Nothing more. Throw out any strings and you get armored through. Bane can just sit there until flash tries to approach and armor anything. Even up close, after a blocked 50-50, we immediately get out with dash or armor. Furthermore, flash is free to jumps...he can't beat Bane in the air.

Flash cannot pressure Bane on the ground. He can't pressure Bane on knockdown. He can't beat Bane in the air. His wake-ups are okay but very dangerous. He just has to hope 50/50 on trait and jump in goes in his favor.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Alright cool. This is a fine place to start, but I feel like a few of these are wrong.

Flash is a good character, and has tools to beat a lot of the cast however I feel like it's almost always an uphill battle (unless you fight someone who just doesn't know the Flash and lets you pummel them lol). So when you say a character is 5-5, do you say "okay I can beat this character with the same amount of effort he can beat me"... because characters like Ares... not 5-5. Basically any character with great zoning is bad news bears and doesn't feel even.

I won't be over dramatic and claim 3-7 MUs, but most characters feel like 4-6. I have to work harder to get in on a character than they have to work to keep me out. Even then, guys like nightwing with a 6frame d1 thats plus on block fucks my whole day up. Sure there are tactics around a lot of shit these other characters throw out, but we have to work harder because of it. If i'm fighting someone who has great long range moves and great up close game, I wouldn't say it's even. I have half that.

So some of these 5-5s don't make sense. Just my opinion, hopefully more Flash players will comment on your chart as well.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Alright cool. This is a fine place to start, but I feel like a few of these are wrong.

Flash is a good character, and has tools to beat a lot of the cast however I feel like it's almost always an uphill battle (unless you fight someone who just doesn't know the Flash and lets you pummel them lol). So when you say a character is 5-5, do you say "okay I can beat this character with the same amount of effort he can beat me"... because characters like Ares... not 5-5. Basically any character with great zoning is bad news bears and doesn't feel even.

I won't be over dramatic and claim 3-7 MUs, but most characters feel like 4-6. I have to work harder to get in on a character than they have to work to keep me out. Even then, guys like nightwing with a 6frame d1 thats plus on block fucks my whole day up. Sure there are tactics around a lot of shit these other characters throw out, but we have to work harder because of it. If i'm fighting someone who has great long range moves and great up close game, I wouldn't say it's even. I have half that.

So some of these 5-5s don't make sense. Just my opinion, hopefully more Flash players will comment on your chart as well.
Flash shouldn't have to get in. You get one 58%+, a sonic pound Oki, and back up.
He has a projectile phase, you make them come to you. they can't chip you to death with projectiles.
B2 is one of the best footsies in the game.
Tom Brady did this with his Sub Zero.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
He has a projectile phase, you make them come to you. they can't chip you to death with projectiles.
No sarcasm, coming from a huge Flash fan that had to give him up cause of his tool set, i would love to see a match where Flash just sat and phased waiting for the person to jump in and then punished them like a redheaded child with his hand in the cookie jar only to return to patiently phasing.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
No sarcasm, coming from a huge Flash fan that had to give him up cause of his tool set, i would love to see a match where Flash just sat and phased waiting for the person to jump in and then punished them like a redheaded child with his hand in the cookie jar only to return to patiently phasing.
lorenzo ask him.
Once flash has a life lead of 58%, what business does he have rushing in?
I did this to FOREVER KING black Adam.
Play like a bat out of hell with flash, expect to be punished like a bat out of hell.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
lorenzo ask him.
Once flash has a life lead of 58%, what business does he have rushing in?
I did this to FOREVER KING black Adam.
Play like a bat out of hell with flash, expect to be punished like a bat out of hell.
Im with you, a mindset i never explored. Going to put the screws into a few people tonight and try it out.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Im with you, a mindset i never explored. Going to put the screws into a few people tonight and try it out.
Cool, try it. Flash is only supposed to rush down off of knock downs, meaning off of a sonic pound wake up stuff.
the point of being patient with flash, is to catch them off of a back 2, like if they dash in, w/e... get a 58%+ damage combo, go into a sonic pound, get some knock down pressure, use one of his + strings, and then back up. Watch how impatient the idiots get.
You don't play their game, they play yours. They want to zone? great, start phasing. Watch what will end up happening. I will be attending a tournament tomorrow when I find out the stream link, I will pm it to you.

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Cool, try it. Flash is only supposed to rush down off of knock downs, meaning off of a sonic pound wake up stuff.
the point of being patient with flash, is to catch them off of a back 2, like if they dash in, w/e... get a 58%+ damage combo, go into a sonic pound, get some knock down pressure, use one of his + strings, and then back up. Watch how impatient the idiots get.
You don't play their game, they play yours.[/quote]
I see your point, but then what do you suggest I do with a fullset of Running Man stance; which in my opinion is broken since both mids and lows choke him out of it.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
You don't play their game, they play yours.
I see your point, but then what do you suggest I do with a fullset of Running Man stance; which in my opinion is broken since both mids and lows choke him out of it.[/quote]

first of all, RMS Should RARELY be used. its too punishable.
His Lightning charge shouldn't even be used to get in, its used to punish recovery off projectiles, I don't know how many flashes I see that rush in using lightning charge and then expect not to get blown up.
Learn how to walk, and dash. Do not jump, but walk, and dash. Flash has one of the best walking speeds in the game, and his forward dashing is perfect. Nice distance, nice recovery, nice execution.
Get into a footsie range, be patient, watch them whiff stuff, watch them dash up, hit a B2, get a 50% combo, Back up phase.
They get so pissed off and agitated its hilarious.