What's new

Firestorm Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hold up, this fool does have an air dash. Around 4.20:

Idk what it is but I see myself playing this character. I usually don't even play zoners.
Oh yeaaa, even better. I approve. The all-around kit seems like a very strong base for a character. I'm sold.

Thingy

Retired account
I would have been a bit salty if he didn't have an airdash. I am 99.9% sure it was not gear related.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I heard people saying he had an advancing normal. Is it a mid or high, and does it lead into a string or is it a 1 hitter?

One thing of note: He has the Unstoppable Jason syndrome. Where if you haven't completed a trait bar all the way up and activate trait you lose all of the unfinished bar. Just like rezzing with Jason.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
One thing of note: He has the Unstoppable Jason syndrome. Where if you haven't completed a trait bar all the way up and activate trait you lose all of the unfinished bar. Just like rezzing with Jason.
So if you have say, 1.5 bars of trait, and activate it, it will start from the 1.0 mark and start draining down, erasing the 0.5 completely. As opposed to starting from 1.5 and draining down?

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Saltshaker something the other guys didn't mention that you might find delightful:

On level 3 trait, when he blues up, his aura burst move you like launches meterlessly.
I don't think so. that one string that normally knocks down does though

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't think so. that one string that normally knocks down does though
Yeah it does, they showed it on stream as well as a string that ends with a low knockdown also launching and his overhead normal also launches while in level 3.

Thingy

Retired account
I updated the OP with the Firestorm breakdown from the Watchtower stream. It is not the whole stream, just the Firestorm section so no one has to fast forward.

his 11 string hits high high :(
I doubt that is how it is intended. Hopefully it is changed to a high, mid in the final build. @16 Bit could you confirm if it was intended to be a high, high hitting 1,1?

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Finally home. Tax season deadlines at financial firms are worse than eternal damnation.

Going straight to the Firestorm part lol.

Saltshaker something the other guys didn't mention that you might find delightful:

On level 3 trait, when he blues up, his aura burst move you like launches meterlessly.
This is the meaning of life.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Level 3 lasts 10 seconds and he heals 20 ticks of 3.00 (don't know how much % of health that is)

Imagine being on level 3 and throwing on that energy shield. You'll be taking NO damage.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Also noticed that yea he has a launching overhead in trait but I didn't see any lows so it may not be as good as we think. But we could still mix it up with the ground rune move.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
So the main thing with firestorms zoning seems to be that he needs to mixup his fireball timings. The startup and recovery of the horizontal fireball is worth respecting but it doesn't hit mid so it's easier to navigate by crouch blocking and dashing once it whiffs high over your character.

Counter this with firestorm by mixing up the timing they need to utilize to both crouch the projectile and dash in. Don't let them get their timing down against your zoning pattern because you will become predictable; change up your timings.

There's definitely some stock in the low projectile, but in terms of optimizing the zoning for this character I would suggest heavy emphasis on the horizontal one, at least in the early game

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So the main thing with firestorms zoning seems to be that he needs to mixup his fireball timings. The startup and recovery of the horizontal fireball is worth respecting but it doesn't hit mid so it's easier to navigate by crouch blocking and dashing once it whiffs high over your character.

Counter this with firestorm by mixing up the timing they need to utilize to both crouch the projectile and dash in. Don't let them get their timing down against your zoning pattern because you will become predictable; mix up your timings.

There's definitely some stock in the low projectile, but in terms of optimizing the zoning for this character I would suggest heavy emphasis on the horizontal one, at least in the early stages of the game
It'll be similar to Sinestro with no trait. It'll be good but not godlike. He's more about waiting for trait then using it for some rushdown potential imo. Trailblazer will be helpful for people trying to jump his zoning

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
It'll be similar to Sinestro with no trait. It'll be good but not godlike. He's more about waiting for trait then using it for some rushdown potential imo. Trailblazer will be helpful for people trying to jump his zoning
I was just focusing on the zoning abilities, but yes his rushdown potential with trait seems much greater that dr fate

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In the video in the OP, at 3:34, Superman jumps right through the Burst move and lands on the other side like it was nothing...

R.I.P. Meterless AA. You were never allowed to live...

Status
Not open for further replies.